State Predictions

Postby tadam6 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:05 pm

im gonna have to go w/ my gut feeling and see lamoure making some noise down in mandan along with steele dawson
tadam6

Postby tingly » Mon May 07, 2007 5:33 pm

for quarters, I'll say Ryan beats the Langdon-Grafton winner.
Lakota-Dakota Prairie winner beats Surrey-Velva winner.
Thompson beats Munich.
LaMoure beats Steele (unless LaMoure sits their #1 or Steele hits LMM better)

semis
Lakota-DP winner beats Ryan
LaMoure (or Steele) beats Thompson

champ: *flips a coin* I'll say LaMoure (or Steele). #2 Lakota/DP. #3 Ryan. #4 Thompson. #5 Steele (or LMM). #6 errr, i dunno.

I don't know if Steele has enough depth, like when they got runner-up. Maybe I'd put them #2 if they beat LMM.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:40 pm

tingly wrote:for quarters, I'll say Ryan beats the Langdon-Grafton winner.
Lakota-Dakota Prairie winner beats Surrey-Velva winner.
Thompson beats Munich.
LaMoure beats Steele (unless LaMoure sits their #1 or Steele hits LMM better)

semis
Lakota-DP winner beats Ryan
LaMoure (or Steele) beats Thompson

champ: *flips a coin* I'll say LaMoure (or Steele). #2 Lakota/DP. #3 Ryan. #4 Thompson. #5 Steele (or LMM). #6 errr, i dunno.

I don't know if Steele has enough depth, like when they got runner-up. Maybe I'd put them #2 if they beat LMM.
i'd change harvey with lakota, i think region 3 will come down to harvey vs dakota prairie, and anybody from that region will agree with me besides lakota players or fans
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Mon May 07, 2007 5:40 pm

yea...if steele makes state again its very similar to 2004.  they will rely on Bakkum and Lang to get them to the title game and then hope Randall or Martin can eat up a few innings so Lang and Bakkum can come in a close it out
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:46 pm

It's L-L-M, not LMM. Lamoure-Litchville-Marion, just thought i would correct that.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:16 pm

i have a feelin there are gonna be some ridiculous games at state this year...big upsets ilke the midkota thompson game last year...
tadam6

Postby power-aid14 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:42 pm

tadam6 wrote:i have a feelin there are gonna be some ridiculous games at state this year...big upsets ilke the midkota thompson game last year...

or like the langdon over velva game....jk
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball1niner » Mon May 07, 2007 6:44 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:i have a feelin there are gonna be some ridiculous games at state this year...big upsets ilke the midkota thompson game last year...

or like the langdon over velva game....jk

or like the velva over midkota game....jk haha
bball1niner

Postby tingly » Mon May 07, 2007 6:53 pm

[user=630]hoopsstar2391[/user] wrote:
It's L-L-M, not LMM. Lamoure-Litchville-Marion, just thought i would correct that.

I'm gonna claim it's Mitchville. ;)
Last edited by tingly on Mon May 07, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:28 am

how bout lam-vill-ion...
tadam6

Postby power-aid14 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:46 pm

or moure-itch-mar
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Tue May 08, 2007 5:13 pm

Harvey if lorenz isnt hurt.
Velva

Steele Dawson

LLM

Ryan

Thompson

Langdon or Grafton
-------------------------------------------------
what makes you guys think they will be at state? stud pitchers or all around decent team? which is which? u decide
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:04 pm

power-aid14 wrote:Harvey if lorenz isnt hurt.
Velva

Steele Dawson

LLM

Ryan

Thompson

Langdon or Grafton
what makes you guys think they will be at state? stud pitchers or all around decent team? which is which? u decide

harvey- 11 seniors, and tanner lorenz enough said

velva- tradition, they always make it

steele dawson- good coaching, mark bakkum and good defence

llm- two decent pitchers, good hitting

ryan- young team, good pitching, great hitting

thompson- tradition, great coaching, kjehmus's

grafton- like harvey they have a great pitcher, klinske

btw, the only two class b players selected to the east/west game were klinske and lorenz, that really went down from last year i think....
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:14 pm

there were quite a few b players last year
tadam6

Postby Tigger » Wed May 09, 2007 4:22 am

I would guess the lack of Class B players in the east/west game has to do with the location.  There are a lot of Class B stars in the east that probably don't want to make the trip.  When the game was in Mayville last year, it seemed like the guys from that area didn't have much fun and probably wouldn't want to travel across the state for the same experience.  I wouldn't want to play for Post 2's coach either; he's a real piece of......work.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:49 am

baseball1981 wrote:
Velva

Steele Dawson

LLM

Ryan

Thompson

Langdon or Grafton

btw, the only two class b players selected to the east/west game were klinske and lorenz, that really went down from last year i think....

im gonna say thats right, except langdon beating grafton, with Adam beating Klinske in a pitchers duel in the final.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Wed May 09, 2007 11:00 am

i would have to agree with you because when it comes to the playoffs lakotas name isnt really mentioned due to last few playoff games
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Wed May 09, 2007 11:02 am

baseball1981 wrote:
Velva

Steele Dawson

LLM

Ryan

Thompson

Langdon or Grafton

I think that dp will be beat harvey in the region just because dp has beat them both times they played and if lorenz and nichols are on the mound that would be a good game
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:38 pm

now i've never seen harvey play but from what i understand...harvey simply lacks the ability to string a few hits together and keep an inning going...as for their defense...the pitching is obviously solid with lorenz...but are they able to play good enough defense and make the routine plays?...i think the only way for harvey to come out of the region is for them to get their bats goin...just my opinion...
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:23 pm

tadam6 wrote:now i've never seen harvey play but from what i understand...harvey simply lacks the ability to string a few hits together and keep an inning going...as for their defense...the pitching is obviously solid with lorenz...but are they able to play good enough defense and make the routine plays?...i think the only way for harvey to come out of the region is for them to get their bats goin...just my opinion...

now im not taking anything away from the two teams that have beat harvey, but they havent seen harvey at their best, their best is when lorenz or krahler is on the mound, lorenz is expected to be 100 percent by tournament time and if thats the case, its an automatic win, "pretty much", unless harvey dosent score a run, but lately harvey has scored runs and hit the ball, they lost two straigh to start off the season, and since then their 5-1...harvey beat midkota by a combined score of 20-7 i think...10 runs per game against midkota is pretty good, this is what region 3 looks like "most" likely...1 lakota 2 dp 3 harvey 4 midkota 5 new rockford 6 carrington loser out kensal

lakota and dp get by's, harvey plays carrington, midkota plays new rockford, harvey pitches their 5 pitcher and beats carrington then comes back and plays dp and pitches lorenz and they have it made, because they still have 2 or their top 3 pitchers....and lakota and dp only have two pitchers total.....thats my personal opinion on why harvey has the advantage...its hard to disagree with that...thing is, harvey has to beat carrington first...and hit the ball off dp
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:24 pm

nc wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
Velva

Steele Dawson

LLM

Ryan

Thompson

Langdon or Grafton

I think that dp will be beat harvey in the region just because dp has beat them both times they played and if lorenz and nichols are on the mound that would be a good game
taking nothin away from nichols, but lorenz is a way better pitcher than nichols...by far...nichols is good but lorenz is almost unhittible with wood bats, hasnt allowed a hit yet this year throwing 85 percent, wait til hes 100 percent
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Wed May 09, 2007 2:27 pm

how many innings has he thrown so far this year? lorenz im talkin about
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:29 pm

baseball wrote:how many innings has he thrown so far this year? lorenz im talkin about
7 or 8, no hits, no runs, averages 2 k's per innning and has only walked about 2 or 3 with a bad elbow.....
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball wrote:how many innings has he thrown so far this year? lorenz im talkin about
7 or 8, no hits, no runs, averages 2 k's per innning and has only walked about 2 or 3 with a bad elbow.....

not bad...how is his control, what usually hurts him is that if one person gets on he throws too hard for his catcher to catch it sometimes if he doesnt walk people and stop bouncing his breaking ball he will be extrememly tough and i could see an ERA under .50
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:37 pm

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

not bad...how is his control, what usually hurts him is that if one person gets on he throws too hard for his catcher to catch it sometimes if he doesnt walk people and stop bouncing his breaking ball he will be extrememly tough and i could see an ERA under .50
he really hasnt been able to throw cuves because of his elbow, the one game i saw him throw was against midkota and he threw a couple, his control has been great, i dont see anyone in this region scoring a run off him, when he gets to state, thats when a team could scratch a couple off him maybe
baseball1981

Next

Return to Class B