State Predictions

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:18 pm

Big Hitter wrote:I think Lakota will definatly have the best chance if we can go and win 3 strait will get in trouble if we have to play 4 games that my opinoin. I think we have the best line up in the region though 1-9 are all pretty solid.
i think lakota  and harvey is about equal, harvey has started hitting the ball now and their getting very tough to beat, like i said, they wont lose a ball game if they score more than 4 runs...
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 5:20 pm

basketball4u wrote:i dont really know..and im not complaining about them not being in class A..if thats what you were trying to say..i just think that they have a good chance to win.

no i wasnt implying that u were complaining....im jsut saying if bishop ryan makes state and indeed does win, it will be said by people
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby allsport » Thu May 10, 2007 5:20 pm

basketball4u wrote:im thinking that bishop ryan, will win state this year! anybody with me on that?

Here's an opinion that will get the arguments going. Ryan has a talented group of young athletes but they will get outcoached when it comes down to a tight game.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 pm

allsport wrote:
basketball4u wrote:im thinking that bishop ryan, will win state this year! anybody with me on that?

Here's an opinion that will get the arguments going. Ryan has a talented group of young athletes but they will get outcoached when it comes down to a tight game.

some people will think im wrong but the way i tihnk is is that baseball is the game in which coaching isnt needed the most and talent takes over.  dont get me wrong you need a good coach, but unlike football and basketball, the coach cant design a play during a timeout in baseball.  you cant just say, hit the ball between 2nd and 1st and he scores, that depends on what pitch the pitcher throws, where it is over the plate, if its a ball or a stirke.  a coach cnat script the last 2 innings of a baseball game like a coach can the last 2 minutes of a football game or 40 seconds of a baskebtall game.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu May 10, 2007 6:04 pm

[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:
allsport wrote:

some people will think im wrong but the way i tihnk is is that baseball is the game in which coaching isnt needed the most and talent takes over.  dont get me wrong you need a good coach, but unlike football and basketball, the coach cant design a play during a timeout in baseball.  you cant just say, hit the ball between 2nd and 1st and he scores, that depends on what pitch the pitcher throws, where it is over the plate, if its a ball or a stirke.  a coach cnat script the last 2 innings of a baseball game like a coach can the last 2 minutes of a football game or 40 seconds of a baskebtall game.

I respect what your saying, but strategy can be a big part of the game. Coaching decisions like when to switch pitchers and to who. A coach may not diagram a play but say you have a player on 2nd and there is a base hit to the outfield its his call on whether to send that guy home or not which come down to whether your team wins the game or not. But your right talent is a huge factor.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ricky bobby » Thu May 10, 2007 6:07 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:I think Lakota will definatly have the best chance if we can go and win 3 strait will get in trouble if we have to play 4 games that my opinoin. I think we have the best line up in the region though 1-9 are all pretty solid.
i think lakota  and harvey is about equal, harvey has started hitting the ball now and their getting very tough to beat, like i said, they wont lose a ball game if they score more than 4 runs...

i think that if you harvey guys spent as much time in the cage as you do talking yourself (and lorenz) up on here, you would score your 4 runs a game and be "unbeatable", like you say..... anyone agree with me?
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu May 10, 2007 6:07 pm

My prediction is whoever comes out of Region 4, just because thats the region I use to play in. :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:10 pm

ricky bobby wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

i think that if you harvey guys spent as much time in the cage as you do talking yourself (and lorenz) up on here, you would score your 4 runs a game and be "unbeatable", like you say..... anyone agree with me?
lol, ur probably right
baseball1981

Postby ricky bobby » Thu May 10, 2007 6:10 pm

i know i'm right
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:13 pm

ricky bobby wrote:i know i'm right
i dk, harveys good, other ppl from their own towns talk up their own teams, right big hitter....lol...and i bet ur from dakota prairie or somewhere like that because u think dp will win...thats just how it is, theres nothing wrong with saying that u think harvey will beat dp if ur from harvey, or vice versa, its just what u think, it dosent mean a thing on the field, its jus an opinion
baseball1981

Postby rep » Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 pm

i wish i could have seen the dp/carrington game...from the box i can't figure out how carrington won.

dp had 12 hits to carrington's 6. bulzomi allowed 10 hits in 8.1 ip and walked five, but did strike out 8.

leuhring didn't look spectacular in the start, but he certainly wasn't horrible. 4.2 ip, 4h, 2r, 3bb, 2k. nichols looked fabulous in relief - 5ip, 6h, 1r, 0bb, 12k.

five dp players had two hits, including nichols who homered, but apparently it was a solo job.

one person for carrington had two hits, franchuk.

it just seems pretty one-sided to me just looking at the stats, but congrats to carrington for picking up the win.
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:19 pm

rep wrote:i wish i could have seen the dp/carrington game...from the box i can't figure out how carrington won.

dp had 12 hits to carrington's 6. bulzomi allowed 10 hits in 8.1 ip and walked five, but did strike out 8.

leuhring didn't look spectacular in the start, but he certainly wasn't horrible. 4.2 ip, 4h, 2r, 3bb, 2k. nichols looked fabulous in relief - 5ip, 6h, 1r, 0bb, 12k.

five dp players had two hits, including nichols who homered, but apparently it was a solo job.

it just seems pretty one-sided to me just looking at the stats, but congrats to carrington for picking up the win.
its a pretty big upset if u ask me haha, and woulda been a good game to watch
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 6:20 pm

rep wrote:i wish i could have seen the dp/carrington game...from the box i can't figure out how carrington won.

12 hits to 10 doesnt look as bad as 12-6 when ya look at it.....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu May 10, 2007 6:23 pm

stupid me...i was looking at the totals there...nichols only allowed 2 hits
rep

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 6:24 pm

then im with u....dont know how carrington won
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 10, 2007 6:51 pm

baseball wrote:then im with u....dont know how carrington won

The way it sounded DP would get a couple guys on, and then DP couldn't hit them in.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby nc » Fri May 11, 2007 11:17 am

baseball1981 wrote:
ricky bobby wrote:you just said you're at your best with either krahler or lorenz on the mound. well how are they the best with krahler if they lost 2 games he's pitched already.
they should have won both games against dp though, they just didnt have the intensity they needed, which they will have during tournament time while lorenz or krahler or weigelt is shutting them down

but they didnt win those two games and i am pretty sure who ever it is dp can hit the ball pretty good
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri May 11, 2007 3:12 pm

nc wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
ricky bobby wrote:you just said you're at your best with either krahler or lorenz on the mound. well how are they the best with krahler if they lost 2 games he's pitched already.
they should have won both games against dp though, they just didnt have the intensity they needed, which they will have during tournament time while lorenz or krahler or weigelt is shutting them down

but they didnt win those two games and i am pretty sure who ever it is dp can hit the ball pretty good
im sorry but i dont think that the little kids dp has that hits slow pitchers will be able to catch up to lorenz...
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri May 11, 2007 3:14 pm

I went to the Lakota vs. Midkota game. Lakota won 4-1, but it wasn't to impressive or anything.  Midkota left many on base, including the bases loaded twice.  Lakota top 3 hitters are solid, and the next 3 are straight fast ball hitters, and the next 3 are inconsistent.  Johanson pitched decent, and Joel Anderson pitched for Midkota walked quite a few.  It might have cost Midkota a couple runs.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Fri May 11, 2007 3:34 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:

I went to the Lakota vs. Midkota game. Lakota won 4-1, but it wasn't to impressive or anything.  Midkota left many on base, including the bases loaded twice.  Lakota top 3 hitters are solid, and the next 3 are straight fast ball hitters, and the next 3 are inconsistent.  Johanson pitched decent, and Joel Anderson pitched for Midkota walked quite a few.  It might have cost Midkota a couple runs.
yeah, dp vs lakota is a huge game, if dp loses, harvey could get the 2 seed, cuz they just won another double header today aginst kensal and carrington
baseball1981

Postby WHITE » Fri May 11, 2007 3:51 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
nc wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

im sorry but i dont think that the little kids dp has that hits slow pitchers will be able to catch up to lorenz...
hahaha... thats funny considering the fact that the little kids for dp ripped the stuff outta the ball vs. krahler whom youve talked up as " the best pitcher harvey has right now", and the sad thing is dps "little" kids have played what 2 years and harveys seniors have played there entire high school career and they are still hoping to hit the ball , and u keep sayin about harvey If they hit the ball, and WHEN they hit the ball... when are they gonna do it against a quality team?
"W-H-I-T...E"
"Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
WHITE
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri May 11, 2007 3:59 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

yeah, dp vs lakota is a huge game, if dp loses, harvey could get the 2 seed, cuz they just won another double header today aginst kensal and carrington

Harvey has to beat Lakota first on Monday too there buddy.  If u tie with DP for losses, u will get the 3 seed anyways.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby hollywood » Fri May 11, 2007 4:39 pm

WHITE wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
nc wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

hahaha... thats funny considering the fact that the little kids for dp ripped the weewee outta the ball vs. krahler whom youve talked up as " the best pitcher harvey has right now", and the sad thing is dps "little" kids have played what 2 years and harveys seniors have played there entire high school career and they are still hoping to hit the ball , and u keep sayin about harvey If they hit the ball, and WHEN they hit the ball... when are they gonna do it against a quality team?

and by the way has lorenz thrown against a quality team yet?
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:11 pm

hollywood wrote:
WHITE wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
nc wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

hahaha... thats funny considering the fact that the little kids for dp ripped the weewee outta the ball vs. krahler whom youve talked up as " the best pitcher harvey has right now", and the sad thing is dps "little" kids have played what 2 years and harveys seniors have played there entire high school career and they are still hoping to hit the ball , and u keep sayin about harvey If they hit the ball, and WHEN they hit the ball... when are they gonna do it against a quality team?

he threw against carrington and midkota, teams that have either beat or came close to beating lakota and dp
baseball1981

Postby bballer2 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:48 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
hollywood wrote:
WHITE wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
nc wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

he threw against carrington and midkota, teams that have either beat or came close to beating lakota and dp

maybe we shoudl wait til the actual tourney comes.... that will really prove who is better... or we can just keep sayin who is better on here andthen not show it on teh field....
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Class B