Bakkum Throws No-Hitter Against Shiloh

Postby fightingsioux20 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:06 pm

exactly a no-hitter is good for any pitcher especially being his first game pitching
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:44 pm

bakkums the man
tadam6

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:55 pm

fruit snack wrote:big deal

those must be grape fruit snacks, sour grape fruit snacks!
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:28 pm

ive seen a 9 inning perfect game, 9 inning no hitter, 7 inning no hitter, 5 inning no hitter, 3 inning no hitter, 3 inning perfect game......doesnt matter who its against or how long it is, if it was a game and no hits were givin up thats quite an accomplishment
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:36 am

baseball1981 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:
baller01 wrote:Tonight Shiloh played Steele-Dawson in Steele. Mark Bakkum threw a no-hitter as the pirates won 4-0. Pretty impressive considering it was SD's opening game.

Against Shiloh? Wow he's good.

lol... i think it was a bad no hitter to... i told purintun taht but he had to put it up......
no man, a no hitter is a no hitter, its something very few pitchers do in their lives
C'mon man. Kid by the name of Hammer did it twice in a row for Velva back in the mid 90's. Serious pitcher on the High School level but never went to play at the next level. With a mix of pitches against a poor team I think no-hitters are still rare but not as rare as everyone in this chat seems to think it is.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:52 am

A - Football Fan wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:
baller01 wrote:Tonight Shiloh played Steele-Dawson in Steele. Mark Bakkum threw a no-hitter as the pirates won 4-0. Pretty impressive considering it was SD's opening game.

lol... i think it was a bad no hitter to... i told purintun taht but he had to put it up......
no man, a no hitter is a no hitter, its something very few pitchers do in their lives
C'mon man. Kid by the name of Hammer did it twice in a row for Velva back in the mid 90's. Serious pitcher on the High School level but never went to play at the next level. With a mix of pitches against a poor team I think no-hitters are still rare but not as rare as everyone in this chat seems to think it is.

no one said his no hitter was the greatest thing ever, Grover beating Thompson last year was:D, but its still a no hitter.  are you saying that if a good hitter gets a cycle against a bad team its not a great accomplishment?  how mnay people on this board can honestly say theyve thrown a no hitter in a high school game?  no one said hes gonna be the next Johan Santana, they are just giving him the respect he deserves for what he did.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:57 am

baller01 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:big deal

I never said it was a huge deal that he threw a no-hitter. I just think that it was something worth mentioning. The name of the forum gives away what the forum is about so obviously if you thought it was no big deal you wouldn't have clicked the forum. A no-hitter is a no-hitter no matter who it is against.

That is true it's just something that doesn't happen very often it is agood accomplishment

Big Hitter

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:25 am

baseball wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

no one said his no hitter was the greatest thing ever, Grover beating Thompson last year was:D, but its still a no hitter.  are you saying that if a good hitter gets a cycle against a bad team its not a great accomplishment?  how mnay people on this board can honestly say theyve thrown a no hitter in a high school game?  no one said hes gonna be the next Johan Santana, they are just giving him the respect he deserves for what he did.

Wood Bats taking what little bit of game the team may have had..... say one or two hits......away and then say it is a great accomplishment! Wow. I agree, it is worth mentioning but I don't think it deserves this much banter back and forth!
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:45 am

A - Football Fan wrote:
baseball wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

Wood Bats taking what little bit of game the team may have had..... say one or two hits......away and then say it is a great accomplishment! Wow. I agree, it is worth mentioning but I don't think it deserves this much banter back and forth!

No one is saying its the greatest thing in the world. All I did was state he threw a no-hitter. A couple guys said is quite an accomplisment and then people like you try take to it away from him. I've never throwin a no-hitter in my life and I only know a couple people that have. It's hard to do. If you don't think its worth talking about then don't come in this forum. It probably won't be the only no-hitter this year in the state but for a first outing I thought it was impressive. If you don't, then thats fine. But don't try to take anything away from him.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:48 am

baller01 wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:
baseball wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

No one is saying its the greatest thing in the world. All I did was state he threw a no-hitter. A couple guys said is quite an accomplisment and then people like you try take to it away from him. I've never throwin a no-hitter in my life and I only know a couple people that have. It's hard to do. If you don't think its worth talking about then don't come in this forum. It probably won't be the only no-hitter this year in the state but for a first outing I thought it was impressive. If you don't, then thats fine. But don't try to take anything away from him.
exactly
baseball1981

Postby Bob_Holiday » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:50 am

Just how many no-hitters have been pitched this year?  Just because you don't like Mark Bakkum is no reason to down play this accomplishment.  On another note, I see in the box scores that the great Napoleon athlete Kriss McCleary is catching for Steele-Dawson.  
Bob_Holiday
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:07 am

[user=2140]Bob_Holiday[/user] wrote:
Just how many no-hitters have been pitched this year?  Just because you don't like Mark Bakkum is no reason to down play this accomplishment.  On another note, I see in the box scores that the great Napoleon athlete Kriss McCleary is catching for Steele-Dawson.  

I thought i saw a couple more kids have thrown no hitters this year one from Langdon and one from Cavalier.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:24 am

ndfan wrote:[user=2140]Bob_Holiday[/user] wrote:
Just how many no-hitters have been pitched this year?? Just because you don't like Mark Bakkum is no reason to down play this accomplishment.? On another note, I see in the box scores that the great Napoleon athlete Kriss McCleary is catching for Steele-Dawson.??

I thought i saw a couple more kids have thrown no hitters this year one from Langdon and one from Cavalier.

the name slips my mind but someone threw one against Kensal, rep can probably say the name, it was in the jtown sun...i wanna say Duffy from Midkota but i might be wrong
Last edited by baseball on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:20 am

baseball wrote:
ndfan wrote:[user=2140]Bob_Holiday[/user] wrote:
Just how many no-hitters have been pitched this year?? Just because you don't like Mark Bakkum is no reason to down play this accomplishment.? On another note, I see in the box scores that the great Napoleon athlete Kriss McCleary is catching for Steele-Dawson.??

the name slips my mind but someone threw one against Kensal, rep can probably say the name, it was in the jtown sun...i wanna say Duffy from Midkota but i might be wrong

yup...duffy
rep

Postby wahoo » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:31 pm

tadam6 wrote:bakkums the man

AMEN
wahoo

Postby web17 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:38 pm

Bob_Holiday wrote:Just how many no-hitters have been pitched this year?  Just because you don't like Mark Bakkum is no reason to down play this accomplishment.  On another note, I see in the box scores that the great Napoleon athlete Kriss McCleary is catching for Steele-Dawson.  
i believe jake cooley threw one.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:31 pm

web17 wrote:
Bob_Holiday wrote:Just how many no-hitters have been pitched this year?  Just because you don't like Mark Bakkum is no reason to down play this accomplishment.  On another note, I see in the box scores that the great Napoleon athlete Kriss McCleary is catching for Steele-Dawson.  
i heard he did
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:40 am

baseball1981 wrote:
web17 wrote:
i heard he did

Who was that one against?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:19 pm

bakkum threw two more innings of no-hit ball against standing rock today to run his hitless streak to 7 innings to start the season.

big test coming up though at the enderlin tourney on friday and saturday.

the pirates open against lamoure on the 27th at 9:45 a.m., followed by a game against central cass at 1:15 p.m. and on saturday they play munich at 2:15 p.m. no idea when bakkum is scheduled, or if he is scheduled to start, any of those games.
rep

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:28 pm

rep wrote:bakkum threw two more innings of no-hit ball against standing rock today to run his hitless streak to 7 innings to start the season.

the pirates open against lamoure on the 27th at 9:45 a.m., followed by a game against central cass at 1:15 p.m. and on saturday they play munich at 2:15 p.m. no idea when bakkum is scheduled, or if he is scheduled to start, any of those games.

Bakkum probably will throw, looking at the scheduale they play Washburn the following Monday.  Silbernagle doesnt usually throw his top 2 pitchers against them during the season, saves it for regionals
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby web17 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:49 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
web17 wrote:
i heard he did

Who was that one against?
correct me if im wrong, but i believe mayville.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:52 pm

baseball wrote:
rep wrote:bakkum threw two more innings of no-hit ball against standing rock today to run his hitless streak to 7 innings to start the season.

Bakkum probably will throw, looking at the scheduale they play Washburn the following Monday.  Silbernagle doesnt usually throw his top 2 pitchers against them during the season, saves it for regionals
i dont get that, its kind of smart, but kind of not, idk
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:56 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball wrote:

i dont get that, its kind of smart, but kind of not, idk

not to sound cocky or anything but he knows thats its going to be Steele-Washburn for the title, so he saves his horses for them in the tourney instead of showing them during the season.  cuz it doesnt matter if they get the 1 seed or the 2 seed its going to be them 2 for the title
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tingly » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Steele's pitching staff threw 3 no-nos in their first 6 games, not bad. They have 3 games this weekend, gotta save the arms.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 pm

tingly wrote:Steele's pitching staff threw 3 no-nos in their first 6 games, not bad. They have 3 games this weekend, gotta save the arms.

all 3 against regional teams, i guess you can throw region 8 out for being the toughest in the state hahaha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Class B