Play Ball

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:07 pm

just herd CVH swept Grafton today, 1-0 in game one and 1-0 in game 2
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:39 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:just herd CVH swept Grafton today, 1-0 in game one and 1-0 in game 2
did klinske pitch?
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:30 pm

tadam6 wrote:does he spot the fastball or just zing it over the plate....he's gonna get shelled in college if he doesn't spot it..
you might be thinking that college baseball is REALLY high on talent, it will be a huge step up, but from what i've heard, if a college pitcher can throw 90s, with ability or not to spot his fastball, he will be ok, its the guys taht throw low 80s that really have to spot their fastballs, they will teach that in college though, if he goes to a higher level then he will have to spot it every time or else he'll get shelled....
baseball1981

Postby web17 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:16 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:does he spot the fastball or just zing it over the plate....he's gonna get shelled in college if he doesn't spot it..
you might be thinking that college baseball is REALLY high on talent, it will be a huge step up, but from what i've heard, if a college pitcher can throw 90s, with ability or not to spot his fastball, he will be ok, its the guys taht throw low 80s that really have to spot their fastballs, they will teach that in college though, if he goes to a higher level then he will have to spot it every time or else he'll get shelled....

no im pretty sure all those guys are able to handle to the heat the plate. so...i will go with ta and say that if you cant spot, you will get rocked.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:17 pm

Last edited by baseball1981 on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby spoilers23 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:19 am

grafton threw lutovsky and marc dusek against central valley
Last edited by spoilers23 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer20 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:36 am

langdon swept devils lake yesterday...5-0 and 6-1
bballer20

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:46 pm

bballer20 wrote:langdon swept devils lake yesterday...5-0 and 6-1

haha i love that, DL is class A right?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball11 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Yes, they are.
baseball11

Postby baseball11 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:15 pm

Langdon and Grafton are scheduled to play on Tuesday in Langdon.  Should be a good one.
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Harvey takes on Lakota tuesday
baseball1981

Postby bballer20 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:33 pm

baseball11 wrote:Langdon and Grafton are scheduled to play on Tuesday in Langdon.  Should be a good one.

it should be..grafton will probably throw a.k.
bballer20

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:52 pm

spoilers23 wrote:grafton threw lutovsky and marc dusek against central valley

Who did CV throw?
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:15 am

baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:that is to bad, I feel bad for the kid, but maybe all his buddies shouldnt put up any more hype on him.
hes just not gonna throw for like 2 weeks and  he'll get back.  there is no need to stop the hype.  anyone who has seen him pitch knows how hard he throws and that people on here arent just making this stuff up.
Harvey lost to dakota praire 4-0 i believe, harvey had like 4 hits and nichols pitched for dp, krahler pitched for harvey and gave up maybe 3 hits, 2 earned runs, it wasnt a pretty thing to watch harvey hit, they are gonna need lorenz n krahler to step it up pitching if they wana win ballg ames

I heard Nichols threw a 2 hitter against Harvey.  One hit by Feakes, a bloop single over the first basemans head, and another single by Lorenz. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:13 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:that is to bad, I feel bad for the kid, but maybe all his buddies shouldnt put up any more hype on him.
hes just not gonna throw for like 2 weeks and  he'll get back.  there is no need to stop the hype.  anyone who has seen him pitch knows how hard he throws and that people on here arent just making this stuff up.
Harvey lost to dakota praire 4-0 i believe, harvey had like 4 hits and nichols pitched for dp, krahler pitched for harvey and gave up maybe 3 hits, 2 earned runs, it wasnt a pretty thing to watch harvey hit, they are gonna need lorenz n krahler to step it up pitching if they wana win ballg ames

I heard Nichols threw a 2 hitter against Harvey.  One hit by Feakes, a bloop single over the first basemans head, and another single by Lorenz. 

Lorenz, Tweed, and Feakes all had nice hits, Harvey really only hit the ball hard maybe 5 times all day
baseball1981

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:35 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

Um... Who told you that and what level did they play? That may be true for the MonDak and the DAC, but not DII and definately not DI. If someone wants to be effective at that level you need to locate.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 pm

[align=center]action from april 16[/align]
steele-dawson took a pair from shiloh christian. bakkum threw a no-hitter over five innings in the opener, striking out 11, yet still denies having any talent as a pitcher. :screwy: he and randall had the pirates' only two hits in the game though as sd scored all four runs in the third. in the late game the pirates' bats came around and they scored two runs in the second, third and fourth to pick up the sweep. nick lang had 9 k's in 4 ip.

midkota had a four-run first inning and beat carrington 6-1 in a seven-inning game. sheldon harding had 7 k's and 1 bb in seven ip. he, garrett harding and joel anderson each had two hits. carrington's dillon hewitt had 3 hits and pat bulzomi had 2 hits.

snr eeked by pbk, 24-0 in the opener and then 4-2 in the late game. cody berg was a 1-man show in the first game: 11 k's, 3bb in 4 ip and went 3-for-3 with a grand slam and 7 rbi in the game.:surrender:
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

Um... Who told you that and what level did they play? That may be true for the MonDak and the DAC, but not DII and definately not DI. If someone wants to be effective at that level you need to locate.
I'm sorry but I watch college baseball a lot, and those pitchers dont even come close to locating like they could...and hitters dont take advantage of it...so I'm gonna go with a pitchers can get away with more mistakes than pro pitchers
baseball1981

Postby fruit snack » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:28 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

feakes did a good job filling in for lorenz at first base
fruit snack

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:44 am

fruit snack wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

feakes did a good job filling in for lorenz at first base
he did, if the other parts of the team could start hitting, then theyd be a good team, but until then, their jus average
baseball1981

Postby bballer20 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:30 pm

Grafton and Langdon split today..Grafton winning the first game 1-0 and Langdon the second 11-0 in 4 innings.
bballer20

Postby pro341 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:35 pm

Central McClean County (formerly TLM, now TLM and Underwood) took a pair from MLSG (Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood-Glenburn). Misek and Nelson getting the wins. Misek had 13 K's in the first game, but according to some people in this forum, Misek is lacking as an "ace" for the team. Hmmm.... 13 K's out of 15 outs. I'd say that's ace material. By the way, Misek can go pitch for pitch with Bakkum, who has a thread completely dedicated to him. :shock:
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 pm

Harvey lost to lakota 2-1, the hitting slump continues for them
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:19 pm

pro341 wrote:Central McClean County (formerly TLM, now TLM and Underwood) took a pair from MLSG (Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood-Glenburn). Misek and Nelson getting the wins. Misek had 13 K's in the first game, but according to some people in this forum, Misek is lacking as an "ace" for the team. Hmmm.... 13 K's out of 15 outs. I'd say that's ace material. By the way, Misek can go pitch for pitch with Bakkum, who has a thread completely dedicated to him. :shock:
Isint mlsg one of the worst teams in the state
baseball1981

Postby rep » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:28 pm

lamoure split with kindred today.

won the league game 8-4.

dropped the non-league game 4-2.
rep

PreviousNext

Return to Class B