Play Ball

Postby rep » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Don't know about anywhere else in the state, but Class B Baseball officially opened today as Dakota Prairie traveled to Sheyenne-New Rockford and opened their season with a 15-4 win in five innings.

Griffin Ham had a pair of hits for the Knights who scored in every inning, taking advantage of six of their own hits and six SNR errors.

SNR is headed to Binford to play Midkota on Thursday, but there is snow in the forecast either tonight or tomorrow, so if it snows my guess is that'll be postponed.
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:00 pm

rep wrote:Don't know about anywhere else in the state, but Class B Baseball officially opened today as Dakota Prairie traveled to Sheyenne-New Rockford and opened their season with a 15-4 win in five innings.

Griffin Ham had a pair of hits for the Knights who scored in every inning, taking advantage of six of their own hits and six SNR errors.

SNR is headed to Binford to play Midkota on Thursday, but there is snow in the forecast either tonight or tomorrow, so if it snows my guess is that'll be postponed.
Midkota travels to harvey tommorow, should be a good one, if its still going to be played, i will def. be going to see this one :D
baseball1981

Postby pro341 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Turtle Lake is supposed to host Velva tomorrow but snow is in the forecast so doubtful it will be played. Good thing for TL too since that "scrub" Misek is supposed to pitch for TL :P
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:21 pm

pro341 wrote:Turtle Lake is supposed to host Velva tomorrow but snow is in the forecast so doubtful it will be played. Good thing for TL too since that "scrub" Misek is supposed to pitch for TL :P
very good thing...:D
baseball1981

Postby baseball11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Is that the only game that's been played so far?  Hopefully a couple games will be able to go tommorow.
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:53 pm

baseball11 wrote:Is that the only game that's been played so far?  Hopefully a couple games will be able to go tommorow.
things are looking good over in the harvey area, i think they'll be able to start their year off tommorow
baseball1981

Postby always a sports season » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:53 pm

There's still snow in the SE so not much will be happening outdoors here.
always a sports season

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:54 pm

always a sports season wrote:There's still snow in the SE so not much will be happening outdoors here.
the field here is clean, cold but clear
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:05 am

Checked out a couple of Region 2 fields, and we are not looking good for the rest of the week.. CV's field is still really wet with some snow around the infield. Hatton's field is still pretty wet and froze, as is Thompson's field. Those are the three I have seen.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:10 am

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball11 wrote:Is that the only game that's been played so far?  Hopefully a couple games will be able to go tommorow.
things are looking good over in the harvey area, i think they'll be able to start their year off tommorow

idk about that....i think its gonna get cancelld

fruit snack

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:22 am

rep wrote:Don't know about anywhere else in the state, but Class B Baseball officially opened today as Dakota Prairie traveled to Sheyenne-New Rockford and opened their season with a 15-4 win in five innings.

In the first game North Dakota has seen with wood bats everybody should look at how huge errors were in the final outcome. Whoever wants to win state will have to be very solid defensively and teams will get pounded if they give up free bases and extra outs.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Shocker » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:55 am

Number7 wrote:

In the first game North Dakota has seen with wood bats everybody should look at how huge errors were in the final outcome. Whoever wants to win state will have to be very solid defensively and teams will get pounded if they give up free bases and extra outs.
I don't think that's any different from when metal bats were used.
Shocker
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:07 pm

good point shocker, however...wood bats create less opportunities for offenses, and if the defense can take away those opportunities they therefore allow less runs and have a better shot at winning the ball game, wood bats make teams play with fundementals, good teams have them, some talented teams dont, they just have the athletic ability and not the intangibles that make up a great team
baseball1981

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:38 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:Checked out a couple of Region 2 fields, and we are not looking good for the rest of the week.. CV's field is still really wet with some snow around the infield. Hatton's field is still pretty wet and froze, as is Thompson's field. Those are the three I have seen.

Region 2 teams probably needd to travel to Midway. That field usually dries faster then any in the area and its going to sit empty for a couple months till Legion. :P
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:35 pm

grafton hosts central valley tomorrow
Last edited by spoilers23 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:13 pm

harvey hosts dakota prairie, i also heard someone is hurt for their team, so that dosent help them out (harvey)
baseball1981

Postby fruit snack » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:32 pm

baseball1981 wrote:harvey hosts dakota prairie, i also heard someone is hurt for their team, so that dosent help them out (harvey)

i heard from a freind that lorenz might not be able to pitch for awhile
fruit snack

Postby rumbles » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:15 pm

What happened?
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 pm

rumbles wrote:What happened?
stretched ligament...hes out 2-3 weeks
baseball1981

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:39 pm

that is to bad, I feel bad for the kid, but maybe all his buddies shouldnt put up any more hype on him.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:16 am

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:that is to bad, I feel bad for the kid, but maybe all his buddies shouldnt put up any more hype on him.
hes just not gonna throw for like 2 weeks and  he'll get back.  there is no need to stop the hype.  anyone who has seen him pitch knows how hard he throws and that people on here arent just making this stuff up.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby tadam6 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:37 am

does he spot the fastball or just zing it over the plate....he's gonna get shelled in college if he doesn't spot it..
tadam6

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:18 am

tadam6 wrote:does he spot the fastball or just zing it over the plate....he's gonna get shelled in college if he doesn't spot it..
well no one is expecting him to just go and pitch the same way in college as he is now.  its not like hes gonna go and be in the starting rotation the first day he arrives and be expected to pitch flawless.  the college coaches will work with him.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:47 pm

Last edited by baseball1981 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:48 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:that is to bad, I feel bad for the kid, but maybe all his buddies shouldnt put up any more hype on him.
hes just not gonna throw for like 2 weeks and  he'll get back.  there is no need to stop the hype.  anyone who has seen him pitch knows how hard he throws and that people on here arent just making this stuff up.
Harvey lost to dakota praire 4-0 i believe, harvey had like 4 hits and nichols pitched for dp, krahler pitched for harvey and gave up maybe 3 hits, 2 earned runs, it wasnt a pretty thing to watch harvey hit, they are gonna need lorenz n krahler to step it up pitching if they wana win ballg ames
baseball1981

Next

Return to Class B