toughest season opener

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:54 pm

What teams play a tough season opener against a good team?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 pm

Last edited by baseball1981 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby andy_7 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Velva may finally have there season opener in Turtle Lake on Tuesday.
andy_7

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:47 pm

andy_7 wrote:Velva may finally have there season opener in Turtle Lake on Tuesday.
same for harvey, they start out against midkota, velva should crush turtle lake...
baseball1981

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:55 pm

Hey Turtle Lake has got a real good team and it should be a good game. Turtle Lake brings back more experience then velva and i think they will be there at the end.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:55 pm

ticket0115 wrote:Hey Turtle Lake has got a real good team and it should be a good game. Turtle Lake brings back more experience then velva and i think they will be there at the end.
who do they got
baseball1981

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Jeremy Misek, Josh Thomas, Mitch Lang, Evan Nelson, Tony Cullum, Isaac Sondrol are all returning starters for them and 4 of them have been  starting for 4 years know.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:05 pm

i think the toughest seasn opener has gotta be fshp going up against the region favorite lamoure next thursday
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby beachy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:43 pm

WE as in Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah-Hankinson play hope page next friday that is going to be a toguh game for us...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:05 pm

Yeh hes the ace whats funny about that.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:13 pm

ticket0115 wrote:Yeh hes the ace whats funny about that.
I just didn't think he was that good...his cutter was like  fastball with 5 mph taken off with no movement really, a little, and he had no curve...hes alright though
baseball1981

Postby ticket0115 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:12 pm

What year did you face him.

ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:20 pm

ticket0115 wrote:What year did you face him.

Last year...legion...
baseball1981

Postby pro341 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:12 am

baseball1981 wrote:
ticket0115 wrote:Jeremy Misek, Josh Thomas, Mitch Lang, Evan Nelson, Tony Cullum, Isaac Sondrol are all returning starters for them and 4 of them have been  starting for 4 years know.
, haha, please tell me he's not your ace

Who are you? Obviously an idiot for scoffing at  being an ace. How did you do against him when you faced him? A scratch hit off the end of the bat, a blooper that fell in between 3 fielders? In legion for Washburn, he lost 1 game and that was in the State tourny. He also went undefeated in HS. I wouldn't judge him off one game.

Maybe he wasn't sharp the day you faced him but is anybody sharp ALL the time? Ask anyone in the region who the best pitcher in the region is and its hands down Misek. How about Beulah's legion team. Misek 1-HIT them over 8 innings in 110 degree heat to reach the Legion state tourny, winning the game 1-0.

Please, take your stupidness and go home... 

pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:35 pm

pro341 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
ticket0115 wrote:Jeremy Misek, Josh Thomas, Mitch Lang, Evan Nelson, Tony Cullum, Isaac Sondrol are all returning starters for them and 4 of them have been  starting for 4 years know.
jeremy misek, haha, please tell me he's not your ace

Who are you? Obviously an idiot for scoffing at Misek being an ace. How did you do against him when you faced him? A scratch hit off the end of the bat, a blooper that fell in between 3 fielders? In legion for Washburn, he lost 1 game and that was in the State tourny. He also went undefeated in HS. I wouldn't judge him off one game.

Maybe he wasn't sharp the day you faced him but is anybody sharp ALL the time? Ask anyone in the region who the best pitcher in the region is and its hands down Misek. How about Beulah's legion team. Misek 1-HIT them over 8 innings in 110 degree heat to reach the Legion state tourny, winning the game 1-0.

he pitched an inning and we ripped him
baseball1981

Postby Batman » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:54 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
pro341 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

Who are you? Obviously an idiot for scoffing at Misek being an ace. How did you do against him when you faced him? A scratch hit off the end of the bat, a blooper that fell in between 3 fielders? In legion for Washburn, he lost 1 game and that was in the State tourny. He also went undefeated in HS. I wouldn't judge him off one game.

You must be really, really good.  Who are you?
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby berry186 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:17 pm

i didnt think misek was that great he good but not lights out like you said we hit him pretty good
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Batman wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
pro341 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

You must be really, really good.  Who are you?
lol, it dosent take a really really good team to beat hit misek, you obviously havent seen many good pitchers if you think hes a great pitcher...hes good but not great like berry said
baseball1981

Postby pro341 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:25 am

baseball1981 wrote:
pro341 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever I have heard. You're judging a starting pitcher from 1 INNING!! Misek has lost 3 HS games total and none last year. Come back when you have a clue...
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hcky1616 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:29 am

"There's no Crying in Baseball" !
hcky1616

Postby uconn_8 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:43 pm

pro341 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
pro341 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever I have heard. You're judging a starting pitcher from 1 INNING!! Misek has lost 3 HS games total and none last year. Come back when you have a clue...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't misek get beat by Max-Garrison in the region tourney last year? They got beat pretty good in the elimination game. And btw, Beulah's legion team last year was NOT very good. I saw them play in late july and they didn't look too impressive.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Akadema » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:11 pm

I think Enderlin has the toughest games to start out the season. Enderlin traveled down to Disney World to play in a tournament. While down there they played these teams: Fauquier High School (Virginia), Victor Central (New York), Rham HS (Connecticut), West Geauga HS (Ohio), and Spencerport HS (New York). Some of these teams have been playing for a month or so already so they faced some good teams down there.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tigger » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:10 am

MayPort CG will have a tough season opener today as they draw the Thompson Tommies.  The Tommies will be one of the top teams in the state and MPCG is very young.
Last edited by Tigger on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:10 pm

for them its going to be a building year, their oldest player is a junior and hes so so, but in the next 2-3 years, they'll be tuff
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby ricky bobby » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:29 pm

Akadema wrote:I think Enderlin has the toughest games to start out the season. Enderlin traveled down to Disney World to play in a tournament. While down there they played these teams: Fauquier High School (Virginia), Victor Central (New York), Rham HS (Connecticut), West Geauga HS (Ohio), and Spencerport HS (New York). Some of these teams have been playing for a month or so already so they faced some good teams down there.

did they win any of these games
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B