top pitchers

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:37 am

now that practice has started, who are your top pitchers, feel free to name tem from your team because youve seen them more
baseball1981

Postby spoilers23 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:22 pm

grafton has quite a few good pitchers with jordan lutovsky, taylor schiller, garet molde, luke paulson, and mike bartunek
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby always a sports season » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:34 pm

Holen and Watkins from LaMoure are good.  Durkin from Lisbon was coming on strong last year.  Watch out for Derek Jones in the upcoming years - still a Babe Ruther now.
always a sports season

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:29 pm

so far in your guys practice, are their any pitchers not mentioned on here that are going to make an impact on their teams season...or any freshman or sophomores or younger that could be a impact player this year
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:31 pm

baseball1981 wrote:so far in your guys practice, are their any pitchers not mentioned on here that are going to make an impact on their teams season...or any freshman or sophomores or younger that could be a impact player this year

Adam Randall, freshman in steele, could be the 3-4 on there team behind Bakkum and Lang.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:32 pm

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:so far in your guys practice, are their any pitchers not mentioned on here that are going to make an impact on their teams season...or any freshman or sophomores or younger that could be a impact player this year

Adam Randall, freshman in steele, could be the 3-4 on there team behind Bakkum and Lang.
i really like that randall kid, he is going to be good, i hope he can keep progressing into a collegiate level baseball player, bball too, steele is a team that is a lot like last year, i think they will be taken lightly because of the ammount of players lost, but they will still be a team that could take the state tournament
baseball1981

Postby rep » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:58 pm

to me the whole difference in the state championship was steele's ability to be active on the bases. they would get a guy on and would be dancing in and out of the pitcher's vision the rest of the inning.

great strategy as it seemed that the langdon pitchers would then be worried about the runners instead of the guy at the plate. i think with the guys they have coming back and with guys like randall, theywill have the same strategy, which will become all the more important with the wood bats.

while silbernagel wouldn't say they are the favorite until he gets a chance to see some more of the teams in the region, i think they are certainly considered the favorite and with washburn getting a new coach, they probably will be a little slow coming out of the gates. they might come on at the end of the year, but for right now i think it is safe to pencil in steele in the state tourney.
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:08 pm

rep wrote:to me the whole difference in the state championship was steele's ability to be active on the bases. they would get a guy on and would be dancing in and out of the pitcher's vision the rest of the inning.

great strategy as it seemed that the langdon pitchers would then be worried about the runners instead of the guy at the plate. i think with the guys they have coming back and with guys like randall, theywill have the same strategy, which will become all the more important with the wood bats.

while silbernagel wouldn't say they are the favorite until he gets a chance to see some more of the teams in the region, i think they are certainly considered the favorite and with washburn getting a new coach, they probably will be a little slow coming out of the gates. they might come on at the end of the year, but for right now i think it is safe to pencil in steele in the state tourney.
right, that's why they can compete, theres a lot of teams that u could say SHOULD have a spot at state, cna they win it with pressure on them tho?
baseball1981

Postby north border » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:23 pm

spoilers23 wrote:grafton has quite a few good pitchers with jordan lutovsky, taylor schiller, garet molde, luke paulson, and mike bartunek

if this is AK you're definately the best pitcher for grafton, and probably one of the top pitchers in the state
when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:08 pm

Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah-Hankinson top pitchers will be Travis stiles a senior, Alex Beach a Junior and Mike Kvidt a sophmore.........All have legion pitching experience last year...Travis is bothered by a bum knee but i think he is gonan come threw though in the end.....We have yet to get an outside practice...the wiffle balls and incrediballs are getting tiring......and boring...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:05 am

beachy wrote:Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah-Hankinson top pitchers will be Travis stiles a senior, Alex Beach a Junior and Mike Kvidt a sophmore.........All have legion pitching experience last year...Travis is bothered by a bum knee but i think he is gonan come threw though in the end.....We have yet to get an outside practice...the wiffle balls and incrediballs are getting tiring......and boring...

Stiles is nothing spectacular but is a good pitcher he will shut down lower tier teams and is the best player on the team (His dad has the BEST buthcer shop) Beach is an average pticher and I'm not sure about Kvidt
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby web17 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:53 am

north border wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:grafton has quite a few good pitchers with jordan lutovsky, taylor schiller, garet molde, luke paulson, and mike bartunek

if this is AK you're definately the best pitcher for grafton, and probably one of the top pitchers in the state

ya. he throws gas.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:22 am

i pass gas....if you know what i mean
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby allsport » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:07 am

power-aid14 wrote:i pass gas....if you know what i mean

I thought this was a baseball topic. Thanks for sharing-- NOT!!!!
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:22 pm

allsport wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:i pass gas....if you know what i mean

I thought this was a baseball topic. Thanks for sharing-- NOT!!!!
haha, he was just messing around, he broke his ankle give him a break haha
baseball1981

Postby beachy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:25 pm

Number7 wrote:
beachy wrote:Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah-Hankinson top pitchers will be Travis stiles a senior, Alex Beach a Junior and Mike Kvidt a sophmore.........All have legion pitching experience last year...Travis is bothered by a bum knee but i think he is gonan come threw though in the end.....We have yet to get an outside practice...the wiffle balls and incrediballs are getting tiring......and boring...

Stiles is nothing spectacular but is a good pitcher he will shut down lower tier teams and is the best player on the team (His dad has the BEST buthcer shop) Beach is an average pticher and I'm not sure about Kvidt

Stiles has got some velocity this year.... him and beach also both have very good curve balls when they are on.... lol even though people will think  i am tlaking about my self that is just what peopel say...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:30 am

with wood bats, velocity wont be everything, the main thing will be control, although, velocity helps, every "good" pitcher needs to have it, 75+ would be a good number for a control high school pitcher, anything less should be a hitters dream...has there been any games yet? haha, im so excited to see what wood bats will do to teams this year
baseball1981

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:59 pm

north border wrote:

yeah u caught me.....i also left off maiko kern, and this is not just a list of our pitchers, all these guys have good stuff and are capable of winning some games the next two years, seeing that most of them are juniors
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:27 pm

spoilers23 wrote:
north border wrote:

yeah u caught me.....i also left off maiko kern, and this is not just a list of our pitchers, all these guys have good stuff and are capable of winning some games the next two years, seeing that most of them are juniors

What region is Grafton in and who else is in their region?

"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:41 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
north border wrote:

cavalier, langdon
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:46 pm

baseball wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
north border wrote:

cavalier, langdon

I just found out who that Chaput kid is from Langdon. I remember him pitching against him and we haven't faired to well against him. How good is he looking this year?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:19 am

he'll be decent...
tadam6

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:48 pm

spoilers23 wrote:
north border wrote:

Yes, definately lots of QUALITY arms available in Grafton. Wood bats make Kern just that more effective. Is Bubba playing HS ball. Another pitcher that alot of other teams in the section would love to have on their staff. They should not have to rely on just AK to win games on the mound.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to Class B