Gyroball?

Postby knights4 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 pm

well make it 3 tech. diff. can throw one too. how does it feel to be one of only three people who can throw it, and the other two guys are pro, wow i'm impressed 
Last edited by knights4 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:37 pm

knights4 wrote:well make it 3 tech. diff. can throw one too. how does it feel to be one of only three people who can throw it, and the other two guys are pro, wow i'm impressed 

i sense a little sarcasm.... lol.. Sooooo, how many people throw a screwball?? Alot more huh? I threw a screwball, it has the same movement, not as much, but the same movement.. I'm sure there is plenty more people who throw a "gyroball" that aren't in the majors. Its pretty much reversing a curveball..  you can call this "magic" pitch a gyroball, i will argue its a screwball with a different name, and it all works out!! haha
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Ya i herd its definatly not easy, so odds are that was not a text book gyroball, probbly just some crazy junk that you think is a gyro
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:01 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:Ya i herd its definatly not easy, so odds are that was not a text book gyroball, probbly just some crazy junk that you think is a gyro

are you serious?? I don't think its a gyroball, I said it is a screwball... And its maybe 60 mph, and not as much break.. BUTTT it has the same movement.. And you hit me right on the ball.. I was a junker!!!:D
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby knights4 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:03 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
knights4 wrote:well make it 3 tech. diff. can throw one too. how does it feel to be one of only three people who can throw it, and the other two guys are pro, wow i'm impressed 

i sense a little sarcasm.... lol.. Sooooo, how many people throw a screwball?? Alot more huh? I threw a screwball, it has the same movement, not as much, but the same movement.. I'm sure there is plenty more people who throw a "gyroball" that aren't in the majors. Its pretty much reversing a curveball..  you can call this "magic" pitch a gyroball, i will argue its a screwball with a different name, and it all works out!! haha
kinda not really sarcastic, i believe u did throw a screwball, i just think that because he puts more velocity on it, which gives quicker spin, it has more movement, i agree gyroball is just another name for screwball
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 pm

knights4 wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:

kinda not really sarcastic, i believe u did throw a screwball, i just think that because he puts more velocity on it, which gives quicker spin, it has more movement, i agree gyroball is just another name for screwball
haha gyro ball is kinda like lloyd christmas and girls.. "I'd say more like one in a million..." Lloyd- "SO YOUR SAYING THERE IS A CHANCE!!"... but a screwball is a little better known
Last edited by experiencingtechnicaldiff on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby knights4 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:14 pm

haha exactly
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:42 pm

it was developed by a Japanese scientist through experiments (I'm not lying) and is thrown with the hand motion like throwing a football. And apparently it is supposed to break 18 inches right to left in the last 3 feet but Idk if i believe it does that though
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby knights4 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:46 pm

o ya well i devolped a pitch where u throw the ball extremly slow, which starts about a foot over the batters head, and u use a slow arm motion, and u let gravity do the rest of the work, unhittable
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Yea so has every other slow-pitch softball pitcher haha
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby deere » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:17 pm

probably starts inches from the ground, rises (up and in to righ-handers i might add), then drops (down and away from the right_hander), and finally makes some sort of loop just before going into the catchers glove. id probably throw it every time if i knew how
its physically impossible for a ball to rise what it does it has the same trajectory as a fast ball but it is thrown like a football so it has a slider/cut fastball spin to it so it goes straight but cuts and falls off the table. http://youtube.com/watch?v=lFvNWDKAxAs
deere

Postby Class bbbb » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:16 am

deere wrote:
probably starts inches from the ground, rises (up and in to righ-handers i might add), then drops (down and away from the right_hander), and finally makes some sort of loop just before going into the catchers glove. id probably throw it every time if i knew how
its physically impossible for a ball to rise what it does it has the same trajectory as a fast ball but it is thrown like a football so it has a slider/cut fastball spin to it so it goes straight but cuts and falls off the table. http://youtube.com/watch?v=lFvNWDKAxAs

Wow deere good point......pause not!!!!!
Class bbbb
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Number7 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:42 pm

deere wrote:

thats exactly what I said a little bit before you
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:59 pm

he has been looking pretty good in spring training
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby deere » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 pm

thats exactly what I said a little bit before you
oh my bad i didnt see your post...
deere

Postby JoJoNino » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:09 pm

I think the "Gyro ball" is a bunch of crap.
JoJoNino
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knights4 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:30 pm

idk, i'm starting to believe it may be true, but i still think he's just very good at throwing a screwball and calls it a gyroball
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uconn_8 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:43 pm

knights4 wrote:idk, i'm starting to believe it may be true, but i still think he's just very good at throwing a screwball and calls it a gyroball

I agree. There aren't gonna be any "new" pitches coming out now. Baseball has been around too long.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:40 am

JoJoNino wrote:I think the "Gyro ball" is a bunch of crap.

This clip will make everyone a believer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_w1E9aERtE&mode=related&search=
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:37 pm

wow, i'm not quite sure how to respond to that
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:37 pm

knights4 wrote:o ya well i devolped a pitch where u throw the ball extremly slow, which starts about a foot over the batters head, and u use a slow arm motion, and u let gravity do the rest of the work, unhittable

this wouldn't happen to be the sparkel ball would it?
tadam6

Postby rep » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:40 pm

tadam6 wrote:
knights4 wrote:o ya well i devolped a pitch where u throw the ball extremly slow, which starts about a foot over the batters head, and u use a slow arm motion, and u let gravity do the rest of the work, unhittable

this wouldn't happen to be the sparkel ball would it?

sounds like the eephus pitch?
Last edited by rep on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby tadam6 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:20 am

no ...knights4 knows what im talkin bout..the sparkel ball...its way out of your league
tadam6

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:46 pm

i believe in the gyro ball, although i thinnk its a modified screw ball,i think it has been thrown before but just called a screw ball but now it has a name. congratulations mlb.
klg_11

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:42 pm

a gyroball is basically from pronating like crazy, along with special spin put on the ball with the thumb, its a real pitch, very hard to throw
baseball1981

PreviousNext

Return to Class B