Gyroball?

Postby knights4 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:10 am

tadam6 wrote:no ...knights4 knows what im talkin bout..the sparkel ball...its way out of your league
you know it, there are only two people who can throw it and only one has done during a game. and it can't be thrown by just anybody, there's a certain skill involved, langdon experianced it first hand, and they know how devistating it can be.  haha 
Last edited by knights4 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:17 am

baseball1981 wrote:a gyroball is basically from pronating like crazy, along with special spin put on the ball with the thumb, its a real pitch, very hard to throw

the difficulty is nothing compared to a sparkle ball
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:30 pm

the sparkel ball straight up freezes hitters...its near impossible to hit
tadam6

Postby JoJoNino » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:16 pm

Sparkle Ball?
JoJoNino
NDPreps Reserve

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:36 pm

JoJoNino wrote:Sparkle Ball?

I was asking the same question myself...? Can someone please enlighten the confused people right now and tell us what this pitch does, and who we have to play against to see this pitch? And how about Mr. Gyroballs performance today? 10 K's in his first regular season game.. Not too shabby!!
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:07 pm

i was watching outside the lines yesterday, maybe the day before. they had some physics geek who had been a pro pitcher at one point break down the gyro ball. i don't know if i actually believe him or not...otl is fairly credible, hard to knock it.

anyway, according to him, he said it is a slider that doesn't slide. if i understood him right, basically it just goes straight, but rotates the way a slider would, so the hitters anticipate it jumping but it won't. which made me think, uh...yeah, but what about the clips. i'm assuming those are dice k's legit sliders.

i was pretty let down by the whole thing. stupid truth.
rep

Postby tjb1 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:19 pm

This may sound stupid but I 'm guessing it is a backyard pitch, meaning it is one of those pitches he made up duing some point in his life, childhood or seomething
tjb1

Postby tjb1 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:20 pm

rep wrote:i was watching outside the lines yesterday, maybe the day before. they had some physics geek who had been a pro pitcher at one point break down the gyro ball. i don't know if i actually believe him or not...otl is fairly credible, hard to knock it.

anyway, according to him, he said it is a slider that doesn't slide. if i understood him right, basically it just goes straight, but rotates the way a slider would, so the hitters anticipate it jumping but it won't. which made me think, uh...yeah, but what about the clips. i'm assuming those are dice k's legit sliders.

i was pretty let down by the whole thing. stupid truth.

Nice display picture
tjb1

Previous

Return to Class B