The Poll

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Alright all give ya my weekly top 10 in the poll for something to debate and talk about. As this is a preseason poll and not being able to see any of these teams play yet I'm just going off nothing. So this is what I came up with for my preseason picks they are subject to change whenever i feel like it also. Your input can be very helpful in the future of my poll so feel free to let me know what ya think. Also ripping on me and my poll would not be in your best interest since I am a Mod. :) well here ya go.

1. Grafton
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Thompson
4. LaMoure
5. Velva
6. Langdon
7. Minot Ryan
8. Central Valley
9. Harvey
10. Midkota
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:41 pm

ndfan wrote:Alright all give ya my weekly top 10 in the poll for something to debate and talk about. As this is a preseason poll and not being able to see any of these teams play yet I'm just going off nothing. So this is what I came up with for my preseason picks they are subject to change whenever i feel like it also. Your input can be very helpful in the future of my poll so feel free to let me know what ya think. Also ripping on me and my poll would not be in your best interest since I am a Mod. :) well here ya go.

1. Grafton
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Thompson
4. LaMoure
5. Velva
6. Langdon
7. Minot Ryan
8. Central Valley
9. Harvey
10. Midkota
PERFECT POLL!!! hahahaha...I think you'll see that Steele, Lamoure, and possibly Velva will fall later in the year.
baseball1981

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:58 pm

No Poll is perfect especially mine right now. Some questions I have are who are some other teams to look out for that I didn't mention and I know plenty of players and fans are reading so give me some info on your team.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:19 am

Minto could make a run
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby andy_7 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:02 am

harvey lost a bunch of starters didnt they?

this looks like a pretty good preseason poll by the looks of it but i dont really know much about grafton and tompson and teams not in my area of play so i cant really give u a full interpritation
andy_7

Postby andy_7 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:03 am

baseball1981 wrote:
ndfan wrote:Alright all give ya my weekly top 10 in the poll for something to debate and talk about. As this is a preseason poll and not being able to see any of these teams play yet I'm just going off nothing. So this is what I came up with for my preseason picks they are subject to change whenever i feel like it also. Your input can be very helpful in the future of my poll so feel free to let me know what ya think. Also ripping on me and my poll would not be in your best interest since I am a Mod. :) well here ya go.

1. Grafton
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Thompson
4. LaMoure
5. Velva
6. Langdon
7. Minot Ryan
8. Central Valley
9. Harvey
10. Midkota
PERFECT POLL!!! hahahaha...I think you'll see that Steele, Lamoure, and possibly Velva will fall later in the year.
velva plays steele on the 30th, should be a pretty good indication weather or not those 2 teams have a shot at state this year
andy_7

Postby uconn_8 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:55 am

I don't know how much of an indication that first game will give you. I wouldn't put my money on whoever takes those games. Its really early in the season, and especially with the wood bats, its gonna be hard to tell who will be there in the end. The teams that develop the most over the course of the spring and adjust to the wood bats will be there in the end.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:03 pm

andy_7 wrote:harvey lost a bunch of starters didnt they?

this looks like a pretty good preseason poll by the looks of it but i dont really know much about grafton and tompson and teams not in my area of play so i cant really give u a full interpritation

Grafton took 2nd in the region and returns all 9 starters.
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:59 pm

Harvey lost 3 starters, they still have argueably the best pitcher in the state, and 14 seniors, I'd say their going to be a top team.
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:03 pm

andy_7 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

1. Grafton
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Thompson
4. LaMoure
5. Velva
6. Langdon
7. Minot Ryan
8. Central Valley
9. Harvey
10. Midkota
velva plays steele on the 30th, should be a pretty good indication weather or not those 2 teams have a shot at state this year

yea you can always tell whose gonna be good their 4th day of playing outside.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:17 am

baseball wrote:
andy_7 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

1. Grafton
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Thompson
4. LaMoure
5. Velva
6. Langdon
7. Minot Ryan
8. Central Valley
9. Harvey
10. Midkota

yea you can always tell whose gonna be good their 4th day of playing outside.....

Exactly, teams are at their peak in the beginning of their season. That is why all the excitement is right when the season opens, and come tournament time, there is no excitement at all. The tournament is set after the first games of the season..... (the first three sentences are all sarcastic) I think the poll is pretty good being no one has even played yet. But it will be changing alot. I'm guessing Grafton, Steele, and Thompson will drop, and Central Valley, LaMoure, and Velva will move up to the top 3. I think Midkota will drop out of your top 10, and same with maybe Langdon. Harvey might inch their way up. But to start the season, I'd say the poll is pretty good.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:22 am

baseball1981 wrote:

Harvey lost 3 starters, they still have argueably the best pitcher in the state, and 14 seniors, I'd say their going to be a top team.
Those three players were there two best pitchers from last year and there 2,3,4 hitters!
Big Hitter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:28 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

Those three players were there two best pitchers from last year and there 2,3,4 hitters!
Are you kidding me on the top 2 pitchers......the one they get back is being considered as the best pitcher in the state, class a or b! You have got to be joking, althought, they were their top 3 hitters, which won't really matter if their pitching is as good as I've heard.
baseball1981

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:53 pm

in order to win games though playing defense wont score you any pts, so they need to have some runs scored to, all this hype on Harvey will be interesting to see how good they really do.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:in order to win games though playing defense wont score you any pts, so they need to have some runs scored to, all this hype on Harvey will be interesting to see how good they really do.
I think they will be able to score points, but they wont be a team like Thompson was two years ago...they can hit decent, but some days they realllllly struggle.
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:12 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:in order to win games though playing defense wont score you any pts, so they need to have some runs scored to, all this hype on Harvey will be interesting to see how good they really do.
I think they will be able to score points, but they wont be a team like Thompson was two years ago...they can hit decent, but some days they realllllly struggle.

oh man guys, not to get in the middle of this but can you start using the term "runs" instead of "points"..?? Haha, it just doesn't sound right hearing points in a baseball discussion unless your talking about points on a batting average...
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:35 pm

hahaha yah sorry my bad
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby knights4 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:22 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

oh man guys, not to get in the middle of this but can you start using the term "runs" instead of "points"..?? Haha, it just doesn't sound right hearing points in a baseball discussion unless your talking about points on a batting average...

haha i know that bothers me for some reason too.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:03 pm

knights4 wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

haha i know that bothers me for some reason too.

great minds think alike..... haha... jk.. but that has allows bothered me.. "How many points did you score as a team that game?"    "None, but we scored 7 runs..." man o man.....
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:56 pm

when you gonna update this thing ndfan?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:07 pm

power-aid14 wrote:when you gonna update this thing ndfan?

if/when you do, lakota definitely deserves some kind of push...i don't think they are the no. 1 team in the state, but as far as region 3 goes, they are hot and beating everyone they have played (unless there was a game this past weekend i didn't hear about).
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:38 pm

Can I get some records from teams that people think should be in my poll? :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:44 pm

ndfan wrote:Can I get some records from teams that people think should be in my poll? :)
u could put harvey at 10, i wouldnt take them out jus cuz lorenz was hurt and wasnt able to pithc or pla, their 1-2 but have lost to the top teams in the region by a combined 3 runs or somethin like that, maybe move lakota in to 9 or 8, and move velva out
baseball1981

Postby rep » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:44 pm

steele is 6-0, for sure

if i had to guess lakota is probably 5-0 or so?

lamoure has one loss i believe...i think they are about 4-1 or 5-1

yeah...i think i'll stop there...about the time you are saying, 'probably' and 'i think' with records, they are probably worthless.
rep

Postby tadam6 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:49 pm

langdon is 7-2 with both losses coming from a split with grafton and a split with thompson...
tadam6

Next

Return to Class B