college

Postby yanks baseball » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:26 pm

kevin1633 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:That would make 7 North Dakota kids that have gone to Iowa Western. crazy

they obviously cant be that good then
Top 25 team in the junior college nation...

brady burchill from hope-page went there and is now pitching for old diminion. he led them to a 3rd place finish in the 2005 JUCO world series.

What makes all these No-Dak people want to go to Iowa Western? Seems like all the good players really want to go there. Is there not another school that wants them?
yanks baseball

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:53 pm

i heard that tanner adam is going to mayville... is that true TA?
thesports_guy32

Postby Duce » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:03 pm

sombody was wonderin where brend was giong...he is going to VC for sure...just talked to him...kjemesis have no clue
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:01 pm

yanks baseball wrote:
kevin1633 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:That would make 7 North Dakota kids that have gone to Iowa Western. crazy

they obviously cant be that good then
Top 25 team in the junior college nation...

brady burchill from hope-page went there and is now pitching for old diminion. he led them to a 3rd place finish in the 2005 JUCO world series.

What makes all these No-Dak people want to go to Iowa Western? Seems like all the good players really want to go there. Is there not another school that wants them?
because iowa western is a great baseball school, and one of the very few southern teams that scouts up in north dakota
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Duce wrote:sombody was wonderin where brend was giong...he is going to VC for sure...just talked to him...kjemesis have no clue
i think the kjehmus' will end up going to iowa western...mainly because wurtz went there
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:03 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:i heard that tanner adam is going to mayville... is that true TA?
that'd be a nice place for him, even though i could see him playing at a little better baseball school...mayville is a good school, but i think he could maybe trasfer to ndsu or und if he keeps improving
baseball1981

Postby fruit snack » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:44 am

no other kids will go to iowa western so they have to come and scout in north dakota.....not that impressive if u go there
Last edited by fruit snack on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
fruit snack

Postby tadam6 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:53 pm

fruit snack wrote:no other kids will go to iowa western so they have to come and scout in north dakota.....not that impressive if u go there

iowa western has had over 70 drafted players.....not bad if you ask me
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:55 pm

tadam6 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:no other kids will go to iowa western so they have to come and scout in north dakota.....not that impressive if u go there

iowa western has had over 70 drafted players.....not bad if you ask me
nice find tadam!
baseball1981

Postby rep » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:08 pm

got a question for anybody with any mayville state baseball knowledge...went to their site today to check on grover, christianson and bata and couldn't find any of their names on the roster.

is it just shoddy athletic director/webmaster work and their website isn't updated from last year?

i don't really know any other players on the team so i couldn't cross reference and see if the seniors that were listed were last year's seniors.
rep

Postby yanks baseball » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 pm

rep wrote:got a question for anybody with any mayville state baseball knowledge...went to their site today to check on grover, christianson and bata and couldn't find any of their names on the roster.

is it just shoddy athletic director/webmaster work and their website isn't updated from last year?

i don't really know any other players on the team so i couldn't cross reference and see if the seniors that were listed were last year's seniors.

they have updated but not much, both grover and christianson quit the team and they have not posted Beta's pic... i was there right after he took it i dont know why they didnt post it... the web site is perty bad if you ask me because they dont do much with it, but the roster is right besides that
Last edited by yanks baseball on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yanks baseball

Postby rep » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:28 pm

yanks baseball wrote:
rep wrote:got a question for anybody with any mayville state baseball knowledge...went to their site today to check on grover, christianson and bata and couldn't find any of their names on the roster.

they have updated but not much, both grover and christianson quit the team and they have not posted Beta's pic... i was there right after he took it i dont know why they didnt post it... the web site is perty bad if you ask me because they dont do much with it, but the roster is right besides that

gotcha...thanks for the heads up
rep

Postby tadam6 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:38 am

mayville wasn't what grover and christianson thought it would be...
tadam6

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:24 am

Note to all the Class B'ers out there with hopes of playing college baseball. College ball practices and games are run NOTHING like 99% of the HS programs in the state (Schwabe from Langdon fits in that 1%). It is not just throw out the bucket, play some catch, take some home run derby (not true batting PRACTICE), take a lazy infield, and then go home. You WILL have your eyes opened to another level of baseball and things like structure of practice, pregame, in-game, post game, off season, fall season, etc... When you point and laugh at a team that is doing EVERYTHING as a team (stretching, catch, pregame timming off of a pitcher, between inning running), be prepared because that is what is done at the college level. You WILL need to make changes to your swing, throwing mechanics, fielding mechanics, etc... Your old bad habits will lead to failure at the next level because your .500 batting average (0x4 vs the all conference pitcher that throws 82, and 4x4 vs the soph throwing 70) means nothing at that level. Players will come from Canada, California, Puerto Rico, etc and will bring a DEPTH (order 1-9, bull pen, etc) of tallent you have never played before. In the DAC alone you will see pitchers throwing 87-91. You will see position players running a 4.4 40/ 6.4 60. So make a point from this moment right now if you truely want to play college baseball you show up at practice and work hard at your WEAKNESSES and play as much long catch as possible stretching it out further and further each day. You dont need to show off your strengths at practice if you are already a higher level varsity performer but improving your problem areas will make you a complete player. And understand that the commitment that will be required of you is far and beyond anything you have had to deal with before. If you take this to heart you will be giving yourself a much better chance not only to play college ball, but be able to CONTINUE playing college ball.

***This is comming from a Class B'er who had his eyes opened wide to the fact that his "state hall of fame coach" and one that in the baseball circles is highly regarded was not teaching mechanically or structuring practices anything like the colleges. I have been there, seen it, and want others who from the time they were 5 had hopes and dreams of playing college ball to have that chance to continue playing and not quit because it "isnt what they thought it would be"***
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby coachk » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks for the info. In The Know. This is what I have been trying to tell alot of my players. Hope you don't mind me copying what you wrote and giving it to some of the local boys who think they are the greatest and can play college baseball. I too have played at the college level and your right. If you are lazy in high school you won't make it in college no matter how good you think you are. You also won't have the party life that most think they can do and play sports. Some kids who think they can play college ball will find out there is always someone better. I know Logan Robertsdahl isn't playing for Mayville State also but for personal reasons. His brother Jarrett is playing though and should do ok at that level.
coachk

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Yes by all means use it. I want to see class B kids succed as there are tallented kids out there but they do not get challenged to another level. They become lazy because they feel they have nothing to prove and dont continue to develop their game. They do not see on a regular basis how it is SUPPOSED to be done so they take the little things forgranted. The college game is so structured with EVERYTHING that is done (as you probably know). Catchers and pitchers calling their own game... FORGET IT! Swinging the way you did to be successful againt 75mph pitching... FORGET IT! Batting practice where you WALK into the cage and just see how far you can hit it... FORGET IT! Batting practice is hustling in and out of the cage, followed by a full round of push bunts, sac bunts, drag bunts, then a full round of hitting backside, then a full round of advancing the runner (backside, backside, sac fly, free cut). Then a round of alternating outside inside pitches, followed finally by a round of hit it where it is pitched. And for the pitchers, get your running shoes on and be ready to do ab workouts till you die because it is legs, legs, abs, abs and more abs. Throw a bull pen and then 20 minute run with abs. If you think you run too much now in practice for baseball because you dont need to run that much, just wait.

What type of players from Class B have moved on to higher levels of college ball??? All Pitchers!!! Burchill (Old Diminion), Horst (Armstrong Atlantic *DII perrenial Top 25 in GA**, Carr (Minnesota)... they have the arm strength and tools to develop. Position players have a LONG way to go. Defensive mechanics are usually poor, hitting mechanics are usually poor, and they do not face day in day out pitchers throwing at WORST low to mid 80's every day like in the Twin Cities. I hate to say it and hate to see it, but they are facts. Facts that starting with the youth levels hopefully begin to change but when you continually see 16 year old kids who dont know proper mechanics themselves coaching everyone 12 and under, the cycle will continue. Why do the same programs every year produce, because they have a good handle on their youth program or someone at the younger level that has tought them at least something correct or at least started them down a path that may not be entirely correct, but it at least isnt totally wrong.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby tadam6 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:59 pm

thank you for making us read that...
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:30 am

tadam6 wrote:thank you for making us read that...
:D
baseball1981

Postby ricky bobby » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:36 pm

ya that was pretty long there guy
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:18 pm

anybody know where other guys are planning on goin to school?
tadam6

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:21 am

tadam6 wrote:anybody know where other guys are planning on goin to school?

how about you?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:37 am

anyone know where Lorenz from Harvey is going?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:52 am

ahhh idk yet...still lookin
tadam6

Postby rep » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 am

web17 wrote:anyone know where Lorenz from Harvey is going?

iowa western cc
rep

Postby web17 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:37 pm

tadam6 wrote:ahhh idk yet...still lookin

from? is mayville up there?
web17
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B