2007 Baseball Poll

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:14 pm

ndfan wrote:I'll help out with the poll, and I promise i won't put my alum in the poll. (unless they deserve it)
Alright ndfan, your in charge of the poll. Lets see your preseason poll...
baseball1981

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:17 pm

[user=2819]baseball1981[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:I'll help out with the poll, and I promise i won't put my alum in the poll. (unless they deserve it)
Alright ndfan, your in charge of the poll. Lets see your preseason poll...

I'll give ya my preseason poll in the next couple days need a couple days to think about it :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:20 pm

hahaha alright, that means a couple days til we all get to argue who shouldn't be in it or who should be...:D
baseball1981

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:09 am

ballaholic#3 wrote:is minot ryan going to potentially have any competition in the region at all this year. with wood bats they might not be able to rely on their hitting as in the past. i am just curious because it seems like they are guaranteed state but you may have forgot that this is baseball where anything can happen.

well....there is always DLB who shows up to play at tourney time, they have a player named TIM RANUM who is very good and never lets a grounder get past him. If he and some other kid can pitch alright against them they might pull off an upset....
Last edited by power-aid14 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gamechanger » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 am

i heard dak. p and lakota are co-oping this year??? anyone else here anything?
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 32 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:56 am

gamechanger wrote:i heard dak. p and lakota are co-oping this year??? anyone else here anything?

no there not, thank god, they would be awsome if they did.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby razorback » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:24 am

ive heard somethin that it could possibly happen next year tho
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:49 am

razorback wrote:ive heard somethin that it could possibly happen next year tho

well arent all of the best players on both teams juniors and younger
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby 32 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:58 am

sodadrinker wrote:

pretty much, if that would happen next year, i know were im goin to school to play baseball then
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:34 am

32 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

pretty much, if that would happen next year, i know were im goin to school to play baseball then
I go to Lakota and I haven't heard to much about the co-op with DP the track team co-op but that is all for right now I could see them co-op in two year lakota's numbers will be down a little then.
Big Hitter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:36 am

Big Hitter wrote:
32 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

I go to Lakota and I haven't heard to much about the co-op with DP the track team co-op but that is all for right now I could see them co-op in two year lakota's numbers will be down a little then.
I heard about it before...I thought they were thinking about doing it this year...but decided not to. Both teams should be good anyways so why would they co-op?
baseball1981

Postby uconn_8 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:27 am

power-aid14 wrote:
ballaholic#3 wrote:is minot ryan going to potentially have any competition in the region at all this year. with wood bats they might not be able to rely on their hitting as in the past. i am just curious because it seems like they are guaranteed state but you may have forgot that this is baseball where anything can happen.

well....there is always DLB who shows up to play at tourney time, they have a player named TIM RANUM who is very good and never lets a grounder get past him. If he and some other kid can pitch alright against them they might pull off an upset....

They're gonna need alot more help than just a couple players. They lost the core of thier lineup w/ heilman and clay. I think they're gonna have to play some small ball to beat some better teams. Minot Ryan is in a very good position to do some things this year. The whole Metros infield last year were all kids from Ryan so they should've gotten alot of experience w/ that. They also return a good core of pitchers w/ Kallias, Kreuger and Backes.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:52 pm

uconn_8 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:

They're gonna need alot more help than just a couple players. They lost the core of thier lineup w/ heilman and clay. I think they're gonna have to play some small ball to beat some better teams. Minot Ryan is in a very good position to do some things this year. The whole Metros infield last year were all kids from Ryan so they should've gotten alot of experience w/ that. They also return a good core of pitchers w/ Kallias, Kreuger and Backes.

that ranum kid is not that good. i've played against him and he is low in the talent area. i do believe ryan is good but with wood bats now i think all teams will have to win with small ball and maybe DLB can somehow be better prepared for it.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby dontchoke » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:55 pm

Last edited by dontchoke on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dontchoke
NDPreps Rookie

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:05 am

ballaholic#3 wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:

that ranum kid is not that good. i've played against him and he is low in the talent area. i do believe ryan is good but with wood bats now i think all teams will have to win with small ball and maybe DLB can somehow be better prepared for it.

umm no, ranum is DLB's only answer
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Zagfanjerry » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:17 pm

i'll give DLB  the automatic victory against ryan anyday........in wrestling anyways
Zagfanjerry

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:25 am

Zagfanjerry wrote:i'll give DLB  the automatic victory against ryan anyday........in wrestling anyways

hmmm... BUT can they get an automatic victory in baseball? I mean, after all, this is a baseball topic.... I'd pick Ryan over DLB in BASEBALL...
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:11 pm

JoJoNino wrote:how does everyone feel about Hatton-Northwood? would you say they have a good team this year or would you wait another year or two to say that?

Hatton-Northwood is my preseason pick to come out of this region.  It will be highly competitive with Central Valley and Thompson but they are at pretty much every position.  My only concern about them is that they are lacking a number dominant pitcher.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 pm

I think CV-H will come out of that, i beilive that they won their Babe Ruth title in 2004, so I think they're going to be the ones in that region and i think they got good pitchers, they got Novaceck, Foley, Olson, Gordon,Smelden. I think they will be set in the pitching department.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Zagfanjerry » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:01 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
Zagfanjerry wrote:i'll give DLB  the automatic victory against ryan anyday........in wrestling anyways

hmmm... BUT can they get an automatic victory in baseball? I mean, after all, this is a baseball topic.... I'd pick Ryan over DLB in BASEBALL...

yea i was pretty much getting that across when i said that
Zagfanjerry

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:37 pm

These preseason polls don't mean anything.  Last year they had MPCG and Northern Cass ranked and both weren't anything to brag about.  I still don't know why Hatton-Northwood isn't ranked.  They are going to surprise a lot of people this year.
Last edited by cubsfan on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:10 pm

cubsfan wrote:These preseason polls don't mean anything.  Last year they had MPCG and Northern Cass ranked and both weren't anything to brag about.  I still don't know why Hatton-Northwood isn't ranked.  They are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

You are correct.. They don't mean anything at all. Hatton-Northwood will be pretty tough this year, but they got a tough region to play in.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:31 pm

cubsfan wrote:These preseason polls don't mean anything.  Last year they had MPCG and Northern Cass ranked and both weren't anything to brag about.  I still don't know why Hatton-Northwood isn't ranked.  They are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

You are correct.. They don't mean anything at all. Hatton-Northwood will be pretty tough this year, but they got a tough region to play in.

its just for fun man dont worry about

personally i wish my team wasnt ranked becuz then we would overachieve for sure if we end up going to state
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uconn_8 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Well I don't see your team getting too much of a challenge. I look for you guys to make it to the winner's bracket this year at state.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:20 am

power-aid14 wrote:

its just for fun man dont worry about

personally i wish my team wasnt ranked becuz then we would overachieve for sure if we end up going to state

haha, this is the poll that was released. The other poll topic is the one that ndfan is making..
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B