2007 Baseball Poll

Postby allsport » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:40 am

triple wrote:Velva will have a hard time keeping up that #4 spot with not alot of pitching, It will help them that High School has went to wood bats because they are a good hitting team and a good defensive team also.

No doubt Velva/Drake will need help after the heartfelt loss of a dear friend and team mate. However, I have a feeling that the "Angel in the Outfield" will motivate the entire team.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 am

allsport wrote:
triple wrote:Velva will have a hard time keeping up that #4 spot with not alot of pitching, It will help them that High School has went to wood bats because they are a good hitting team and a good defensive team also.

No doubt Velva/Drake will need help after the heartfelt loss of a dear friend and team mate. However, I have a feeling that the "Angel in the Outfield" will motivate the entire team.
They will still have an excellent team, they always put together a great team because they have one of the best coaches in north dakota
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uconn_8 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:25 pm

baseball3 wrote:he hasnt for a couple years

How come??
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby junior11 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:07 am

Central Cass has to be considered top 10. With a tranfer signing D1 coming there. they are solid up and down the lineup.. they will surprise you
junior11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brown10 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:16 am

Where is central Cass???? they lost no key players. The coaches poll has lamoure ranked 3rd in the region and you guys have them 3rd in the state. They lost there two best players, please tell me who they have back this year besides watkins and holan. Central cass has 3 returning starters planning to play college ball. I geuss we'll see whos right when they open the season against each other. Last year Cenral Cass lost to defending state champs steele/dawson 1-0... steele lost their whole team except baukman central cass returns all their key players and have strong senior leadership.
brown10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby tadam6 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:32 am

brown10 wrote:Where is central Cass???? they lost no key players. The coaches poll has lamoure ranked 3rd in the region and you guys have them 3rd in the state. They lost there two best players, please tell me who they have back this year besides watkins and holan. Central cass has 3 returning starters planning to play college ball. I geuss we'll see whos right when they open the season against each other. Last year Cenral Cass lost to defending state champs steele/dawson 1-0... steele lost their whole team except baukman central cass returns all their key players and have strong senior leadership.

i guess you can say he made his first post count...haha..
tadam6

Postby catchit9 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 am

he doesnt have to make anything count on here... lets see it on the field... central cass is gonna have a heck of a team this year... but so will a bunch of teams... its gonna come down to hitting this year... not pitching... every team has a few decent arms... nobody has anything spectacular...
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:46 am

Can someone tell me where this poll is located? I kind of want to see if it's accually a poll or just made up.
baseball1981

Postby brown10 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:01 am

the enderlin coach showed it to a few guys wednesday night... ask coaches im sure they will have a copy of their region
brown10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:03 am

brown10 wrote:the enderlin coach showed it to a few guys wednesday night... ask coaches im sure they will have a copy of their region
Thanks, I will have to talk to a coach nearby to see what it looks like. Anyone know the Region polls? I would like to see who every coach thinks will win this year.
baseball1981

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:35 am

sodadrinker wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
web17 wrote:
footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:just wondering who are Central Valley's key players this year?

Dusty Brend.

Jason Novacek, Andrew Mikkelson, Jake Olsen, Nick Foley, Ben Gordon

does aaron delvo not play anymore cuz i remember he had a cannon in babe ruth

Delvo plays on the slowpitch softball circuit these days.  As for the poll, I'm not sure these rankings mean very much because we have no idea what the new rules will do.  Wood bats will deflate most of the power from good hitting clubs.  Pitching, defense, and bunting/running will determine the best teams.  I like Thompson as a top team because they do all these things well.  CV-H and Hatton-Northwood will also be tough.  Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page is my darkhorse team.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:23 am

baseball1981 wrote:Can someone tell me where this poll is located? I kind of want to see if it's accually a poll or just made up.

lol i didnt make it up... its a coaches poll our coach had it... talk to ur coach... its real lol
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby allsport » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:42 am

Forget about the poll and play baseball. The best teams will be there in the end to prove the poll wrong anyway.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dontchoke » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:43 am

i like that
dontchoke
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:47 am

allsport wrote:Forget about the poll and play baseball. The best teams will be there in the end to prove the poll wrong anyway.

i hate when people use cliches all the time, a poll doesnt say the top 10 everytime but it sparks conversation.  and in my opinion its always the teams that are ranked lower then they tihnk they should be who say the polls doesnt matter until they get up to the top spot then the same people who said polls dont matter will say "yea well we're number one and your not"
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:23 pm

I didn't know they had a baseball poll back when I played, honestly don't think I ever saw a poll when I was playing. Actually I guess it didn't matter to me but would have been fun to see if we were ranked at any point. I'm guessing nobody would have rankings from the past 5-7 years? even just preseason would be cool.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby allsport » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:27 pm

baseball wrote:
allsport wrote:Forget about the poll and play baseball. The best teams will be there in the end to prove the poll wrong anyway.

i hate when people use cliches all the time, a poll doesnt say the top 10 everytime but it sparks conversation.  and in my opinion its always the teams that are ranked lower then they tihnk they should be who say the polls doesnt matter until they get up to the top spot then the same people who said polls dont matter will say "yea well we're number one and your not"

I am just a fan of good baseball. My point is that it's all about media sensationalism. What sells more stories. Number 10 defeating number 1 or Number 10 defeating an unrated team. No disrespect to any team in the poll.
Last edited by allsport on Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:41 am

how can a coachs' poll be media sensationalism?

i could understand that being said about the basketball polls, which the media votes on...but if it is a coach poll, i would think media sensationalism is probably not quite the right term.  
rep

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:41 pm

name the top 2 players from each of these teams

minot ryan: brooks backes, clay kallias

velva: heinke, j. mack (maybe the younger bruner will make some noise)

Lamoure: holen, watkins

and the rest i have no idea.......... soooooo insight paleaseeeeeee

flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:48 pm

power-aid14 wrote:name the top 2 players from each of these teams

minot ryan- backes, kallias, krueger

velva- heinke, mack, bruner

lamoure- holen, watkins

thompson- kjehmus'

harvey- lorenz, krahler, tweed

midkota- anderson, g. harding, s. harding

central valley- delvo (sp), novacek

steele- bakkum, lang's
Last edited by baseball1981 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby spoilers23 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:56 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:name the top 2 players from each of these teams

minot ryan- backes, kallias, krueger

velva- heinke, mack, bruner

lamoure- holen, watkins

thompson- kjehmus'

harvey- lorenz, krahler, tweed

midkota- anderson, g. harding, s. harding

steele- bakkum, lang's

langdon-drew wold and tanner adam

grafton has a lot of balance
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:59 pm

Oh, I forgot those two....Grafton- Klinske

Langdon- Adam, Wold, Chaput
baseball1981

Postby baseball11 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:21 pm

A player that hasnt proved himself is one of Langdons best players?
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:22 pm

baseball11 wrote:A player that hasnt proved himself is one of Langdons best players?
Yes, from what it sounds like the kid has potential...and I really haven't heard of any other good Langdon players besides Adam and Wold so I put Chaput on there because it seems like he could be a good pitcher.
baseball1981

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:29 pm

It says on here that delvo doesnt even play anymore, he hast for like 2-3 years
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B