2007 Baseball Poll

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:31 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:

central valley- delvo (sp), novacek

It says on here that delvo doesnt even play anymore, he hast for like 2-3 years
Oh I didn't see that...that kind of shocks me!
baseball1981

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:03 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball11 wrote:A player that hasnt proved himself is one of Langdons best players?
Yes, from what it sounds like the kid has potential...and I really haven't heard of any other good Langdon players besides Adam and Wold so I put Chaput on there because it seems like he could be a good pitcher.

is this chaput the one that played in the state B tourney for North Border?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball11 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:13 pm

Nope, not sure if they're even related.
baseball11

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:35 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:

central valley- delvo (sp), novacek

It says on here that delvo doesnt even play anymore, he hast for like 2-3 years

I think if Delvo still played, he'd be a top pitcher in the state. The kid had a cannon in babe ruth. Wild at times, but a cannon none the less. I think he would have had made alot better of baseball player than he does a softball player. He ended his baseball career quote-unquote "on good terms". (He stopped playing after their babe ruth state championship). He's a great athlete, and WAS a great baseball player. I think he shoulda stuck with it.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby JoJoNino » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:49 pm

how does everyone feel about Hatton-Northwood? would you say they have a good team this year or would you wait another year or two to say that?
JoJoNino
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tadam6 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:04 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
baseball11 wrote:A player that hasnt proved himself is one of Langdons best players?
Yes, from what it sounds like the kid has potential...and I really haven't heard of any other good Langdon players besides Adam and Wold so I put Chaput on there because it seems like he could be a good pitcher.

is this chaput the one that played in the state B tourney for North Border?

no...i think nick chaput is from north border..alex chaput plays for langdon and there is no relation
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:04 pm

JoJoNino wrote:how does everyone feel about Hatton-Northwood? would you say they have a good team this year or would you wait another year or two to say that?
I think they will be good this year...They have a tough Region though.
baseball1981

Postby baseballkid » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Steele stole the number one spot huh? Hmmm...idk about that one.
baseballkid

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:35 am

baseballkid wrote:Steele stole the number one spot huh? Hmmm...idk about that one.
Same here.
baseball1981

Postby uconn_8 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:43 am

Seriously...does anyone even care about the baseball poll? Its pretty meaningless. It comes out once a year, as opposed to once a week for basketball. It doesn't matter who's ranked what 2 weeks before anyone steps foot on the mound. You won't really know how good a team is until state when the best teams face off against each other. The early games don't even mean much, teams often develop their talent quite a bit from mid-march to the state tournment.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:52 am

uconn_8 wrote:Seriously...does anyone even care about the baseball poll? Its pretty meaningless. It comes out once a year, as opposed to once a week for basketball. It doesn't matter who's ranked what 2 weeks before anyone steps foot on the mound. You won't really know how good a team is until state when the best teams face off against each other. The early games don't even mean much, teams often develop their talent quite a bit from mid-march to the state tournment.
well put
Big Hitter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm

is minot ryan going to potentially have any competition in the region at all this year. with wood bats they might not be able to rely on their hitting as in the past. i am just curious because it seems like they are guaranteed state but you may have forgot that this is baseball where anything can happen.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm

is minot ryan going to potentially have any competition in the region at all this year. with wood bats they might not be able to rely on their hitting as in the past. i am just curious because it seems like they are guaranteed state but you may have forgot that this is baseball where anything can happen.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Well since baseball has only 1 poll every year, how come they don't do it like basketball and have a poll everyweek, thats kinda stupid I think
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Well since baseball has only 1 poll every year, how come they don't do it like basketball and have a poll everyweek, thats kinda stupid I think
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:36 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:Well since baseball has only 1 poll every year, how come they don't do it like basketball and have a poll everyweek, thats kinda stupid I think
No kidding...
baseball1981

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:39 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:Well since baseball has only 1 poll every year, how come they don't do it like basketball and have a poll everyweek, thats kinda stupid I think
No kidding...

basketball poll is media only

baseball poll is coaches only

two different groups doing it.

if any of you are players, start harping on your coach to send a message up the ladder that there should be more baseball polls.
rep

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:44 pm

well if the coaches don't do it, then lets just do a Media poll then.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:00 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:well if the coaches don't do it, then lets just do a Media poll then.

easier said than done...my guess is that it would have to be talked about and agreed upon by the state long before the season ever gets started...might be something that could be discussed for next season, but this season is probably out of the question...you know how media is...

also, with some teams keeping track of their records based on the first game only, other teams keeping track of their complete record and some team not really keeping track of their record, it would be kind of a cluster of information to try and arrange.

i think it could be possible, but likely not probable. don't know for sure though.
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 pm

rep wrote:
footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:well if the coaches don't do it, then lets just do a Media poll then.

easier said than done...my guess is that it would have to be talked about and agreed upon by the state long before the season ever gets started...might be something that could be discussed for next season, but this season is probably out of the question...you know how media is...

also, with some teams keeping track of their records based on the first game only, other teams keeping track of their complete record and some team not really keeping track of their record, it would be kind of a cluster of information to try and arrange.

i think it could be possible, but likely not probable. don't know for sure though.
Rep, your kind of in the media right? Why don't we just have Rep put out a poll every week? haha...you down for that man?
baseball1981

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:04 pm

uh...honestly, i cringe at the thought of trying to do it. i love watching baseball, love writing about it, but when it comes to knowing all the ins and outs...just an offensive lineman that found writing to be a way to pay the bills my man.

i would suggest someone with a lot better baseball background tackle this one.
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:06 pm

rep wrote:uh...honestly, i cringe at the thought of trying to do it. i love watching baseball, love writing about it, but when it comes to knowing all the ins and outs...just an offensive lineman that found writing to be a way to pay the bills my man.

i would suggest someone with a lot better baseball background tackle this one.
Alright, anyone game for doing a poll just to make some people happy? I'd suggest that your not a player...
baseball1981

Postby Ben23 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:11 pm

brown10 wrote:Where is central Cass???? they lost no key players. The coaches poll has lamoure ranked 3rd in the region and you guys have them 3rd in the state. They lost there two best players, please tell me who they have back this year besides watkins and holan. Central cass has 3 returning starters planning to play college ball. I geuss we'll see whos right when they open the season against each other. Last year Cenral Cass lost to defending state champs steele/dawson 1-0... steele lost their whole team except baukman central cass returns all their key players and have strong senior leadership.

Not disagreeing with you but who are the 3 players planning to play college baseball.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:12 pm

I'll help out with the poll, and I promise i won't put my alum in the poll. (unless they deserve it)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:12 pm

Ben23 wrote:
brown10 wrote:Where is central Cass???? they lost no key players. The coaches poll has lamoure ranked 3rd in the region and you guys have them 3rd in the state. They lost there two best players, please tell me who they have back this year besides watkins and holan. Central cass has 3 returning starters planning to play college ball. I geuss we'll see whos right when they open the season against each other. Last year Cenral Cass lost to defending state champs steele/dawson 1-0... steele lost their whole team except baukman central cass returns all their key players and have strong senior leadership.

Not disagreeing with you but who are the 3 players planning to play college baseball.
Fontana, their 3rd baseman, and I don't know the 3rd.
baseball1981

PreviousNext

Return to Class B