2007 Baseball Poll

Postby utilityman51 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:16 am

i think hatton northwood is a very good team they just dont have the pitching to get them past teams with a strong batting order such as thompson or minto and speaking they are still undefeated in league play so i believe that puts them at #1 in region 2? or are they in region 3 i always forget
utilityman51

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:06 am

utilityman51 wrote:i think hatton northwood is a very good team they just dont have the pitching to get them past teams with a strong batting order such as thompson or minto and speaking they are still undefeated in league play so i believe that puts them at #1 in region 2? or are they in region 3 i always forget

region 2 records, conference and overall..

Thompson
5-0
7-1

Hatton-Northwood

4-2
7-5

Minto
3-2
6-4

Central Valley-Hillsboro

3-3
5-4

May-Port CG
0-4
1-9

Larimore
0-4
0-4
Last edited by experiencingtechnicaldiff on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Sat May 05, 2007 7:19 am

brown10 wrote:Where is central Cass???? they lost no key players. The coaches poll has lamoure ranked 3rd in the region and you guys have them 3rd in the state. They lost there two best players, please tell me who they have back this year besides watkins and holan. Central cass has 3 returning starters planning to play college ball. I geuss we'll see whos right when they open the season against each other. Last year Cenral Cass lost to defending state champs steele/dawson 1-0... steele lost their whole team except baukman central cass returns all their key players and have strong senior leadership.

i understand that but...steele beat central cass and lamoure has beat central cass twice... s-d dint lose there whole team obviously because they beat central cass by playin pretty solid... central cass is a very good team with good defense and pitching and there catcher is an absolute stud... but you dont come on here and talk up ur team... we know you are a very good ball club
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat May 05, 2007 9:26 am

bballer2 wrote:
brown10 wrote:Where is central Cass???? they lost no key players. The coaches poll has lamoure ranked 3rd in the region and you guys have them 3rd in the state. They lost there two best players, please tell me who they have back this year besides watkins and holan. Central cass has 3 returning starters planning to play college ball. I geuss we'll see whos right when they open the season against each other. Last year Cenral Cass lost to defending state champs steele/dawson 1-0... steele lost their whole team except baukman central cass returns all their key players and have strong senior leadership.

i understand that but...steele beat central cass and lamoure has beat central cass twice... s-d dint lose there whole team obviously because they beat central cass by playin pretty solid... central cass is a very good team with good defense and pitching and there catcher is an absolute stud... but you dont come on here and talk up ur team... we know you are a very good ball club

I agree that Steele lost a ton but not even close to the whole team.  everyone knows bakkum, but how many know Braden Martin, wont bat .500 but he is a solid 1st base.  Klay Hetletved, draws a lot of walks with good speed on the bases and also a solid 2nd base.  people are starting to know Nick Lang but i still think he is underrated...........some may call me stupid for saying this but i think he is the best "baseball" player on the team, jsut because hes got a guy with the last name Bakkum on his team everyone assumes hes the best,hes great and by far the most athletic, but as for best baseball player i think Nick gets the nod.  Adam Randall is also a great player who more than likely wouldve started last year, if not he wouldve saw a lot of time, is only a freshman now.  so look at it this way.....Bakkum, Nick Lang, Jon Lang, Hetletved, and Martin........4 regular starters and Martin who saw time as a backup 1st base and DH,  throw Randall in there and thats returning 5 solid players form the championship team and putting another great player on there.  Everyone needs to stop looking at the number of seniors they lost and look at the players they DIDN'T lose.
Last edited by baseball on Sat May 05, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Class B