Babe Ruth Teams

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:39 am

ya he had another year left
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:44 am

BballFan1307 wrote:ya he had another year left

So is he your shortstop or second baseman? I know Satrom plays outfield, where does Ihry, Reimers, Midstokke, and Hashbarger play?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 am

pakkyzoo wrote:

So is he your shortstop or second baseman? I know Satrom plays outfield, where does Ihry, Reimers, Midstokke, and Hashbarger play?
Ryan Midstokke is their catcher, Taylor Foss is the first baseman, Zac Parkman is the second baseman, Eric Parkman is the shortstop, James Ihry is the third baseman and plays shortstop when Eric Parkman pitches, Rheimers plays third when Ihry or Parkman pitches, Left field when Jalen Hashbarger pitches, Jalen Hashbarger plays center when Satrom pitches and left field the other times, and Preston Burchill is the right fielder.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:56 am

cubsfan wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

Ryan Midstokke is their catcher, Taylor Foss is the first baseman, Zac Parkman is the second baseman, Eric Parkman is the shortstop, James Ihry is the third baseman and plays shortstop when Eric Parkman pitches, Rheimers plays third when Ihry or Parkman pitches, Left field when Jalen Hashbarger pitches, Jalen Hashbarger plays center when Satrom pitches and left field the other times, and Preston Burchill is the right fielder.

Whose their top hitters??
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:59 am

all of them hit..eric parkman gets on base 85 % of the time  he was the leading hitter for high school this year batt .330 with wooden bats
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND KID » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:58 pm

CONGRAT'S   FSHP
UND KID

Postby the mask » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 pm

scc wrote:The turning point in the Hope-Finley vs. May-Port series was yesterday when May-Port's starting pitcher was hit on the hand by a pitch.  That's not to say May-Port would be going to state, but I think the odds would have been greatly in their favor.
yes congrats to them....but scc i do think that taht may have did a little something to their chances of winning the game this morning but i think its more that mason tangen threw 130 pitches wed. night and didn't have enough time to recover fully to get back his full strength and they do have elliot and ust and if they need christain berry and jace ingebretson...i do have to say they are one solid baseball team (both fshp and mpcg that is both could be state contenders jsut taht mayport would run out of pitching)
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:43 pm

scc wrote:
the mask wrote:
scc wrote:The turning point in the Hope-Finley vs. May-Port series was yesterday when May-Port's starting pitcher was hit on the hand by a pitch.  That's not to say May-Port would be going to state, but I think the odds would have been greatly in their favor.
yes congrats to them....but scc i do think that taht may have did a little something to their chances of winning the game this morning but i think its more that mason tangen threw 130 pitches wed. night and didn't have enough time to recover fully to get back his full strength and they do have elliot and ust and if they need christain berry and jace ingebretson...i do have to say they are one solid baseball team (both fshp and mpcg that is both could be state contenders jsut taht mayport would run out of pitching)

I think you missed the point I was making.  If Elliot doesn't hurt his hand, he keeps throwing.  If he keeps throwing, they probably don't need to play on Friday.  If they don't need to play on Friday, that means they won on Thursday.

MPCG seems to have gotten outcoached to me for one reason.  you say Tangen threw 130 pitches in one day.  a coach should not do that to a kid who is 14-15 years old.  even if his arm did still feel good enough to pitch a coach has to know not to let a kid throw that many pitches at that age.  I know this wont happen but maybe they should change the pitching rules to X number of pitches in a week instead of innings.  a kid could throw 3 innings on 16 pitches while at the same time a differnt pitcher might take 30+ pitches to get out of 1 inning.  I feel the pitch count should be used at all levels little league - legion.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:57 pm

baseball wrote:
scc wrote:
the mask wrote:

I think you missed the point I was making.  If Elliot doesn't hurt his hand, he keeps throwing.  If he keeps throwing, they probably don't need to play on Friday.  If they don't need to play on Friday, that means they won on Thursday.

MPCG seems to have gotten outcoached to me for one reason.  you say Tangen threw 130 pitches in one day.  a coach should not do that to a kid who is 14-15 years old.  even if his arm did still feel good enough to pitch a coach has to know not to let a kid throw that many pitches at that age.  I know this wont happen but maybe they should change the pitching rules to X number of pitches in a week instead of innings.  a kid could throw 3 innings on 16 pitches while at the same time a differnt pitcher might take 30+ pitches to get out of 1 inning.  I feel the pitch count should be used at all levels little league - legion.....

I seen MPCG play at a Red Willow Tournament and watched that Tangen kid throw, to me it looked like threw just straight fastballs.  They werent no impressive then, maybe they improved on the season.  Them and Surrey tied for 2nd in the tournament with 2-1 records, and Dakota Prairie won it with a 3-0 record. 2 of the teams made it to state, and one alsmost did.  In the tournament none of these 3 teams played eachother, but played against 3 Devils Lake teams that were mixed up of 14 and 15 year olds.  DP ten runned all 3 teams.  The game that Tangen threw they did win, but he wasn't overally impressive.  He looked like a pitcher that if he has a solid defense behind him, he could be very effective.  Thats usually what happens in babe ruth, who ever makes the least mistakes wins ball games.  It doesn't matter how hard you throw, most kids arent solid hitters yet.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby The stokker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:06 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball wrote:
scc wrote:
the mask wrote:

I seen MPCG play at a Red Willow Tournament and watched that Tangen kid throw, to me it looked like threw just straight fastballs.  They werent no impressive then, maybe they improved on the season.  Them and Surrey tied for 2nd in the tournament with 2-1 records, and Dakota Prairie won it with a 3-0 record. 2 of the teams made it to state, and one alsmost did.  In the tournament none of these 3 teams played eachother, but played against 3 Devils Lake teams that were mixed up of 14 and 15 year olds.  DP ten runned all 3 teams.  The game that Tangen threw they did win, but he wasn't overally impressive.  He looked like a pitcher that if he has a solid defense behind him, he could be very effective.  Thats usually what happens in babe ruth, who ever makes the least mistakes wins ball games.  It doesn't matter how hard you throw, most kids arent solid hitters yet.

i agree with pakkyzoo tangen wasn't anything special he threw his fastball for strikes and had a decent curve ball but wasn't the greatest iv seen but maville played good defense behind him when they did win
The stokker

Postby PA42 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 pm

congratulations to both teams on excellent seasons. i think may-port would have done well at state because they have the deepest pitching staff in the state. But putting together a whole game with the bats and on defense is hard for any babe ruth team.
PA42

Postby the mask » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:42 pm

scc wrote:
the mask wrote:

yes my mistake i was thinkin it was mason tangen that you were speaking of but....in other words elliot i have figured out throught out the season taht if you just sit at the plate and watch pitches go by he will start to wear out fast and then get flustered and start walking people so he won't be a very effective pitcher that can stay in the game because of his walking people but taht only goes for the teams who can be paiteint at the plate and make him work
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:44 pm

that is very true mask he also gets very flustered with himself if he shaken up early just ogtta get in his head
The stokker

Postby UND KID » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:58 am

horne98 wrote:congratulations to both teams on excellent seasons. i think may-port would have done well at state because they have the deepest pitching staff in the state. But putting together a whole game with the bats and on defense is hard for any babe ruth team.

Horne I would like to disagree, I think That FSHP is way deeper in pitching, FSHP had to play 1 extra game and they still had pitching left after the championship game, and it sounds like Mayville ran out.
UND KID

Postby the mask » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:13 pm

UND KID wrote:
horne98 wrote:congratulations to both teams on excellent seasons. i think may-port would have done well at state because they have the deepest pitching staff in the state. But putting together a whole game with the bats and on defense is hard for any babe ruth team.

Horne I would like to disagree, I think That FSHP is way deeper in pitching, FSHP had to play 1 extra game and they still had pitching left after the championship game, and it sounds like Mayville ran out.
i will have to agree with you und kid fshp did have a little more depth on their team for pitching..it may not have been all hard throwers but they still have the kids to throw when they need them like in the championship game for the last three innings
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:42 pm

the mask wrote:
UND KID wrote:

i will have to agree with you und kid fshp did have a little more depth on their team for pitching..it may not have been all hard throwers but they still have the kids to throw when they need them like in the championship game for the last three innings
they ran out of pitching that would of shut down a very good hitting team that hope is. because they relized that when satrom and reimers threw they would pretty much have to shut down hope's offense. Jacob Papenfuss, Tyler Ust, Jace Ingerbretson, and Christian berry are four very good pitchers who did not throw too much against hope. Add these guys to Mason Tangen, Chase Elliot, and Eric Fugleburg and you have your self a very deep pitching staff.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:58 pm

baseball wrote:MPCG seems to have gotten outcoached to me for one reason.  you say Tangen threw 130 pitches in one day.  a coach should not do that to a kid who is 14-15 years old.  even if his arm did still feel good enough to pitch a coach has to know not to let a kid throw that many pitches at that age.  I know this wont happen but maybe they should change the pitching rules to X number of pitches in a week instead of innings.  a kid could throw 3 innings on 16 pitches while at the same time a differnt pitcher might take 30+ pitches to get out of 1 inning.  I feel the pitch count should be used at all levels little league - legion.....
I have to disagree with you on that.  Jordan Satrom threw at least 15 innings in this tournament.  I do not know how many pitches he threw but 15 innings and 10 innings over two days is not very healthy for a 15 year old either. 
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:17 pm

cubsfan wrote:
baseball wrote:MPCG seems to have gotten outcoached to me for one reason.  you say Tangen threw 130 pitches in one day.  a coach should not do that to a kid who is 14-15 years old.  even if his arm did still feel good enough to pitch a coach has to know not to let a kid throw that many pitches at that age.  I know this wont happen but maybe they should change the pitching rules to X number of pitches in a week instead of innings.  a kid could throw 3 innings on 16 pitches while at the same time a differnt pitcher might take 30+ pitches to get out of 1 inning.  I feel the pitch count should be used at all levels little league - legion.....
I have to disagree with you on that.  Jordan Satrom threw at least 15 innings in this tournament.  I do not know how many pitches he threw but 15 innings and 10 innings over two days is not very healthy for a 15 year old either. 

thats why i tihnk they should use a pitch count instead.  im not saying its healthy for him to pitch that many innings but they could have all been short innings where he never threw more then 15 pitches.....whereas they konw the other kid threw over 130. 
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby the mask » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:51 pm

horne98 wrote:
the mask wrote:
UND KID wrote:

they ran out of pitching that would of shut down a very good hitting team that hope is. because they relized that when satrom and reimers threw they would pretty much have to shut down hope's offense. Jacob Papenfuss, Tyler Ust, Jace Ingerbretson, and Christian berry are four very good pitchers who did not throw too much against hope. Add these guys to Mason Tangen, Chase Elliot, and Eric Fugleburg and you have your self a very deep pitching staff.
that makes alot of sence to me....mayport is stacked with pitching across the line up...but you also have to think can the other team get into their mayports pitchers heads easily or not...can they stay composed? tahts why i think fshp has the edge and to me i think taht they don't ever need to throw that many guys during the games they play since they ten run'ed most of their opponents, this shows taht they don't get flustered to much if any....my final thougth on this is taht both teams are state caliber and have shown taht but the league tourney is over and that is that we got the teams from each district and god i hope its a good one this year
Last edited by the mask on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:25 pm

scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

I agree, cubsfan.  Babe Ruth rules are so screwed up that Satrom could throw as much as he did in a short time frame.  There was no way Hope-Finley could run out of pitchers.

hes my question tho....who would you leave in the game to pitch....a pitcher whose pitched 7 innings on 65 pitches or a guy who pitched 5 innings but threw 100+???.  i tihnk the best of both worlds would be to keep the innings rule but add in no more then 150 pitches a week.  which ever comes first his pitch limit or inning limit hes done after that
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:49 pm

lamoure might have somethin to say about that. but i know you are just basing it on what you have seen.
basketballer

Postby the mask » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:52 pm

scc wrote:
baseball wrote:
scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

I agree, cubsfan.  Babe Ruth rules are so screwed up that Satrom could throw as much as he did in a short time frame.  There was no way Hope-Finley could run out of pitchers.

hes my question tho....who would you leave in the game to pitch....a pitcher whose pitched 7 innings on 65 pitches or a guy who pitched 5 innings but threw 100+???.  i tihnk the best of both worlds would be to keep the innings rule but add in no more then 150 pitches a week.  which ever comes first his pitch limit or inning limit hes done after that

Do it like high school or Legion baseball.
ok finally i can say i agree with this one right here do it like high school or legion and yes babe ruth is kinda messed up
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:52 pm

InTheKnow wrote:Grafton defeated Cando 2 games to 0 to advance to state. Although they may be short handed it sounds with their starting catcher and 3 hitter needing to start for the legion team in the sectional.

Who are those two?
baseball11

Postby Court22 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:20 pm

cubsfan wrote:

FYI - Satrom threw 15 innings over five days not two and he was very efficient in his pitching. Fontaine would never have him pitch 15 innings in two days, they may be "in it to win it" but he wouldn't ever jeopardize a kids arm!
Court22

Postby The stokker » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:33 pm

i agree satrom went solid and his arm never showed signs of fatigue and fontaine is a very smart coach who would not be willing to ruin a kids arm over one tuney
The stokker

PreviousNext

Return to Class B