Babe Ruth Teams

Postby Tigger » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:32 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i'm pretty sure hope-finley will be the team to come out of this league ....so far they have 10  runned every league opponent...as for state i do not know how they will do

How many guys does Hope have playing BR and Legion?  It's starting to look like both teams might go long in the post-season which could hurt one or the other.  Hope-Finley is on top of  section 3 in Legion and has a league win over Thompson, and the BR is tied with MayPort going into today (they play this morning).  Last year wasn't much of a problem because the Legion team finished 7th in the section and didn't hang around the tournament long enough to create conflicts.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Tigger wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:i'm pretty sure hope-finley will be the team to come out of this league ....so far they have 10  runned every league opponent...as for state i do not know how they will do

How many guys does Hope have playing BR and Legion?  It's starting to look like both teams might go long in the post-season which could hurt one or the other.  Hope-Finley is on top of  section 3 in Legion and has a league win over Thompson, and the BR is tied with MayPort going into today (they play this morning).  Last year wasn't much of a problem because the Legion team finished 7th in the section and didn't hang around the tournament long enough to create conflicts.
it won't cause too many conflicts the way i see it. Satrom does not play much other than second games in legion. Ihry, midstokke and reimers don't play legion(from what i have seen). They several other players that start babe ruth but are  too young for legion.
Last edited by PA42 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:31 pm

scc wrote:There's one area that's pretty stacked with Hope-Finley, Thompson, and May-Port.  One of those teams could have a really good shot at state.
Hope-Finley did beat Mayville 10-1 but Hope did not look all that impressive, but Jordan Satrom did.  Gave up 1 hit in 7 innings.  Mayville allowed 9 unearned runs.  They lost their cool right from the get go.  Their pitcher thought there was a few questionable calls and lost his cool.  I think Mayville can hang with Hope, but I am not sure they can beat hope twice let alone once.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby razorback » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:47 pm

im from surrey.....the only thing good about mayville is their uniforms... when i watched mayville play in a red willow tournament i was really not impressed with them at all, but my god their uniforms were nice... some people on this site who think mayport is good probably shouldnt be on this site....   haha
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Carrington did pretty good up at red willow tourney this weekend  i guess they aint to bad  4 kids with homers one went about 350ft  or so NO LIE!!!
Ball Till I Fall

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Ball Till I Fall wrote:Carrington did pretty good up at red willow tourney this weekend  i guess they aint to bad  4 kids with homers one went about 350ft  or so NO LIE!!!

Haha.... What place did you get?  Dakota Prairie won the whole thing.  Also you hit all your homeruns on Hefer Stadium, which is like 265 all the way around the field.  Lets be serious.  How can you say Carrington did good, when they werent even in the top 5 teams there.  DP beat Devils Lake 15 year olds, 8-2 and 7-5, Hatton 17-5, Harvey 12-0, and Cavalier 10-3. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:02 am

Ball Till I Fall wrote:Carrington did pretty good up at red willow tourney this weekend  i guess they aint to bad  4 kids with homers one went about 350ft  or so NO LIE!!!

Unless its down the line, you normally have to hit a ball 350 ft or so for it to be a homerun  NO LIE!!  just playing man, but its true
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:43 pm

Number7 wrote:

Unless its down the line, you normally have to hit a ball 350 ft or so for it to be a homerun  NO LIE!!  just playing man, but its true

i agree DP good ball club NO LIE!!  an one of there kids hit on  the big field!!an i dont even paly baseball!!! so how could ur pakkyzoo buddy say i hit them or w/e !!!
Last edited by Ball Till I Fall on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Till I Fall

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:56 pm

Ball Till I Fall wrote:
Number7 wrote:

i agree DP good ball club NO LIE!!  an one of there kids hit on  the big field!!an i dont even paly baseball!!! so how could ur pakkyzoo buddy say i hit them or w/e !!!

since you dont play baseball im guessing u dont know just how far 350 feet is and how far it is to hit a baseball that far.  theres only a handful of high school players i know can hit one 350 so to say 4 different baberuth kids did it is hard to believe unless they got it up in a win blow 50+ mph straight out.  350 is a poke......NO LIE
Last edited by baseball on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:20 pm

baseball wrote:
Ball Till I Fall wrote:
Number7 wrote:

since you dont play baseball im guessing u dont know just how far 350 feet is and how far it is to hit a baseball that far.  theres only a handful of high school players i know can hit one 350 so to say 4 different baberuth kids did it is hard to believe unless they got it up in a win blow 50+ mph straight out.  350 is a poke......NO LIE

One Kid hit one on main field an the other  three were on heifer or w/e NO LIE!!!!!!!!!!Go ask the people at red willow
Last edited by Ball Till I Fall on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Till I Fall

Postby rumbles » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:38 pm

he was right about the one shot going close to 350 on the main diamond i saw that myself but carrington isn't a team to be worried about. they did beat dp once but dp 10 runned 3 times and they just dont seem like they want to play ball.  Dakota prarie is very good and will win the league tornament. they have an excellent team again.
Last edited by rumbles on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:52 am

razorback wrote:im from surrey.....the only thing good about mayville is their uniforms... when i watched mayville play in a red willow tournament i was really not impressed with them at all, but my god their uniforms were nice... some people on this site who think mayport is good probably shouldnt be on this site....   haha

MayPort may not be the greatest team, but I know they are better than they showed at Red Willow.  They usually have trouble getting everyone to show up on weekends (or maybe it was the fear of being smoked in the face off those terrible fields).  They also have a habit of not throwing the best available arms which could hurt in the tournaments.  Otherwise, they have 6 or 7 guys in the lineup who have been playing high school and/or Legion that can contribute.  I'm still picking Team Larry to win that league though.
Last edited by Tigger on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:23 pm

rumbles wrote:he was right about the one shot going close to 350 on the main diamond i saw that myself but carrington isn't a team to be worried about. they did beat dp once but dp 10 runned 3 times and they just dont seem like they want to play ball.  Dakota prarie is very good and will win the league tornament. they have an excellent team again.

Thanx Rumbles!!
Ball Till I Fall

Postby baseball » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:59 pm

Ball Till I Fall wrote:
rumbles wrote:he was right about the one shot going close to 350 on the main diamond i saw that myself but carrington isn't a team to be worried about. they did beat dp once but dp 10 runned 3 times and they just dont seem like they want to play ball.  Dakota prarie is very good and will win the league tornament. they have an excellent team again.

Thanx Rumbles!!

right about the ONE shot...what about the other 3?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:00 pm

baseball wrote:
Ball Till I Fall wrote:

Thanx Rumbles!!

they weret far they were on heifer!
Ball Till I Fall

Postby rumbles » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:37 am

Ball Till I Fall wrote:
baseball wrote:
Ball Till I Fall wrote:

Thanx Rumbles!!

i no there was 2 more might have been a third but they were on heifer
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:28 am

rumbles wrote:
Ball Till I Fall wrote:
baseball wrote:
Ball Till I Fall wrote:

Thanx Rumbles!!

i no there was 2 more might have been a third but they were on heifer

Well Baseball looks like ur wrong im right!
Ball Till I Fall

Postby baseball » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:44 am

what are the dimension on heifer field??? just because its a homerun doesnt mean it 350....im not sayin it didnt happen i never did say that so how can i be wrong....im just saying you dont see it often with 13-15 yr olds so 4 from1 team in what 2-3 days is kinda unlikely
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:02 pm

baseball wrote:what are the dimension on heifer field??? just because its a homerun doesnt mean it 350....im not sayin it didnt happen i never did say that so how can i be wrong....im just saying you dont see it often with 13-15 yr olds so 4 from1 team in what 2-3 days is kinda unlikely

The deminsions of heifer field are like 260 down the lines, 265 in the gaps, and maybe 275 in dead center. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:46 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball wrote:what are the dimension on heifer field??? just because its a homerun doesnt mean it 350....im not sayin it didnt happen i never did say that so how can i be wrong....im just saying you dont see it often with 13-15 yr olds so 4 from1 team in what 2-3 days is kinda unlikely

The deminsions of heifer field are like 260 down the lines, 265 in the gaps, and maybe 275 in dead center. 

that helps me believe it didnt happen....maybe if it was 320 or so i would believe it but to say a home run that was hit on a field that small was 350 i doubt...maybe on the roll
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rumbles » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:55 pm

baseball wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

that helps me believe it didnt happen....maybe if it was 320 or so i would believe it but to say a home run that was hit on a field that small was 350 i doubt...maybe on the roll
the longest one was on the main diamond the others were on hiefer. the around 350 shot was on the main diamond
Last edited by rumbles on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:57 pm

this is really a stupid arguement over how long some homeruns hit by babe ruth players travelled.  All the matters is the runs scored.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby the mask » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:07 pm

ok so yea i agree witht he guy above me stupid deal for how far home runs travel lol ok but whos everyones fav. pick to go to state from each region/league/district?????? and then whos got the better shot and more experience to win the state title?
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby ricky bobby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:34 am

I'll take DP out of there region with out a doubt....i know that carrington talks them selves up on here pretty bad, but they ain't even the number 2 in my opinion. Harvey is right behind DP and is the only ones that will give DP a scare
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:43 pm

ricky bobby wrote:I'll take DP out of there region with out a doubt....i know that carrington talks them selves up on here pretty bad, but they ain't even the number 2 in my opinion. Harvey is right behind DP and is the only ones that will give DP a scare

DP beat Harvey 14-3 today. Improving their record to 17-1.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Class B