Babe Ruth Teams

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:27 am

Who is going to be tough this year in Babe Ruth?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:27 am

but you guys have to relize that some fifteen year olds start in high school baseball so sometime it is important to see who has good young players. and since most teams don't have jv or junior high baseball the only way to talk about young players is to look at babe ruth.
PA42

Postby the mask » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:46 pm

Look out for Hope-Finley BR. I believe they are only loosing 3 or 4 guys from their State Championship team. They will be ready to play.
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:12 pm

horne98 wrote:but you guys have to relize that some fifteen year olds start in high school baseball so sometime it is important to see who has good young players. and since most teams don't have jv or junior high baseball the only way to talk about young players is to look at babe ruth.

Thats about all Midway has to talk about this year because word is NO Varsity baseball. Lack of numbers.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:39 am

Looks like some guys are still sore that they weren't good enough for Babe Ruth.  I like Hope-Finley because they have a lot back, and Larry Fontaine does a good job with them (1 State Title & 1 Runner-up).  I'd say anybody who makes it out of that league will compete for a title as they have won 3 of 4 (Thompson 2003, CV-Hills 2004, Hope-Finley 2006).
Last edited by Tigger on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:47 pm

Tigger wrote:Looks like some guys are still sore that they weren't good enough for Babe Ruth.  I like Hope-Finley because they have a lot back, and Larry Fontaine does a good job with them (1 State Title & 1 Runner-up).  I'd say anybody who makes it out of that league will compete for a title as they have won 3 of 4 (Thompson 2003, CV-Hills 2004, Hope-Finley 2006).
hope has a really nice team. yeah fontaine does a nice job. i also understand he makes some mean lemonade.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:55 pm

Horne I really could care less if good ole Larry Fontaine makes a mean lemonade.  No one on this message board cares how good of a lemonade he makes.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby JoJoNino » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:23 pm

i would have to say that Hope is going to have another good team, especially since all of the returning players.  i would have to disagree with you Horne and say that Fontane does a horrible job with his players, i think that its the talent the players have and the leadership their older players show to their younger players.
JoJoNino
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:32 pm

fontaine knows the game. Sometimes he comes off as unorthadox but he gets the job  done.
PA42

Postby Ben23 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Hankinson should have a decent Babe Ruth team returning their top 2 pitchers and 3 of their top 4 players.  Their only problem is depth and only have 5 or 6 quality players this year and maybe their best player will be Alex Althoff who is one of the younger players on that team.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby the mask » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:47 pm

If you don't like the topic, stay out of it......................
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:44 am

cubsfan wrote:Horne I really could care less if good ole Larry Fontaine makes a mean lemonade.  No one on this message board cares how good of a lemonade he makes.

Fontaine is an acquired taste.  He seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way, but the results speak for themselves: 1 state title and 1 runner-up out of a league that is probably tops in the state.  Plus, he's loaded up for another run.  By the way Mr. horne98, I believe that Larry's lemonade came from a 2 liter bottle, so he pours a mean lemonade but doesn't make it. 
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

I've heard rumblings that Babe Ruth might drop the pick up rule for tournaments.  That would greatly help a team like Hope that has a lot of talent.  I know a lot of teams load up on guys for state.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:18 am

JoJoNino wrote:i would have to say that Hope is going to have another good team, especially since all of the returning players.  i would have to disagree with you Horne and say that Fontane does a horrible job with his players, i think that its the talent the players have and the leadership their older players show to their younger players.
Fontaine get's those players to play their hearts out for him.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:37 am

The Schwab wrote:
JoJoNino wrote:i would have to say that Hope is going to have another good team, especially since all of the returning players.  i would have to disagree with you Horne and say that Fontane does a horrible job with his players, i think that its the talent the players have and the leadership their older players show to their younger players.

Hey Schwab, how many Hope  babe ruth games did you go to last year? I don't remember seeing you at any of them that I was at. When I watched them play, they played on their own, they didn't get heart from their coach. I think the kind standing in the dugout with his jersey all the way unbuttoned with no shirt on under it that got them going as a team more than Fontaine...
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:21 am

anybody know what hope has comingback. I know they have most of their outfield back as well as a very good player in james ihry.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:26 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Hey Schwab, how many Hope  babe ruth games did you go to last year? I don't remember seeing you at any of them that I was at. When I watched them play, they played on their own, they didn't get heart from their coach. I think the kind standing in the dugout with his jersey all the way unbuttoned with no shirt on under it that got them going as a team more than Fontaine...
You dont get to 2 state championship games on talent alone.....he's a good coach.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:33 am

i was at a game last season where his guys were down by eight or nine. And they just did not show up. so he challenged them. asked them why they came if they were not going to play hard. i don't know if it was that or not but they won the game by four or five.
PA42

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:19 am

The Schwab wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

You dont get to 2 state championship games on talent alone.....he's a good coach.
Yup, and I suppose cancelling a game so he can go to a concert is good coaching too. If he was taking his team, I could see that maybe, but those kids like the game, and I'm sure they would've rather played a game than not. and I umped for him a couple times for little league, and is it good coaching to say nothing to your players, accept to switch pitchers after they have walked 6 kids in a row? is it a good coaching to have the coach say, "Well your not pitching again." After the kid walked 8 in a row.. He's in little league, a good coach would keep his spirits up and tell him to keep working at it. Maybe he doesn't do that type of stuff for babe ruth, I don't know, never heard what he said at the games, but if he is better for babe ruth, maybe he should coach the little league team because all I could see him doing there was ruin their love for the game. He spent more time talking to us umps, and the opposing coach then he did trying to help his kids. BY FAR..
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Utility » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:06 am

I would have to say Dunseith is going to be really good this year they took 2nd in the region last year, after finishing the season 1st. They got every player back from last season and there high school team should be really good also. ;)
Mr. Utility

Postby yanks baseball » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Tigger wrote:Looks like some guys are still sore that they weren't good enough for Babe Ruth.  I like Hope-Finley because they have a lot back, and Larry Fontaine does a good job with them (1 State Title & 1 Runner-up).  I'd say anybody who makes it out of that league will compete for a title as they have won 3 of 4 (Thompson 2003, CV-Hills 2004, Hope-Finley 2006).

I agree, Thompson is comming back with good players and may-port looks like they should not be too bad. Hatton always shows up with a good team, and Hope is always perty good so you never know.
yanks baseball

Postby web17 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:08 pm

yanks baseball wrote:

I agree, Thompson is comming back with good players and may-port looks like they should not be too bad. Hatton always shows up with a good team, and Hope is always perty good so you never know.

None of the players on Thompson have even seen hs action till this year and have not played a lot of baseball over the last few summers, so i would be surprised if they finish higher than 4th. as for mayville, i dont think they will be very good. they dont have a good team to begin with, but what few good ones they got, will be playing up in legion. and i agree with you on hatton. they always seem to put some good players out there. especially pitching.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby yanks baseball » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:45 pm

web17 wrote:
yanks baseball wrote:

None of the players on Thompson have even seen hs action till this year and have not played a lot of baseball over the last few summers, so i would be surprised if they finish higher than 4th. as for mayville, i dont think they will be very good. they dont have a good team to begin with, but what few good ones they got, will be playing up in legion. and i agree with you on hatton. they always seem to put some good players out there. especially pitching.

Dont forget about hope, and something tells me mayvlle will have a good team beacuse of their hitting. Their pitching is a different story. Hatton will always have good pitchers, and I dont know much about cv-h so yeah
yanks baseball

Postby PA42 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:59 am

web17 wrote:
yanks baseball wrote:

what does kids playing legion have anything about playing babe ruth. in this day and age you can play both. May-port have some really good athletes coming back. I am going to say that pitching might be their strong point with tangen, ust, ingrebretson, berry, and fugleburg
PA42

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:02 am

horne98 wrote:
web17 wrote:
yanks baseball wrote:

what does kids playing legion have anything about playing babe ruth. in this day and age you can play both. May-port have some really good athletes coming back. I am going to say that pitching might be their strong point with tangen, ust, ingrebretson, berry, and fugleburg

Is Berry going to be starting on varsity this year?
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B