Babe Ruth Teams

Postby The stokker » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:54 pm

but i don't think satrom even threw a nd 130 pitches in those 10 innings i wasn't keepin pitch count but i was there he had very quick innings
The stokker

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:18 am

Court22 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
baseball wrote:MPCG seems to have gotten outcoached to me for one reason.  you say Tangen threw 130 pitches in one day.  a coach should not do that to a kid who is 14-15 years old.  even if his arm did still feel good enough to pitch a coach has to know not to let a kid throw that many pitches at that age.  I know this wont happen but maybe they should change the pitching rules to X number of pitches in a week instead of innings.  a kid could throw 3 innings on 16 pitches while at the same time a differnt pitcher might take 30+ pitches to get out of 1 inning.  I feel the pitch count should be used at all levels little league - legion.....
I have to disagree with you on that.  Jordan Satrom threw at least 15 innings in this tournament.  I do not know how many pitches he threw but 15 innings and 10 innings over two days is not very healthy for a 15 year old either. 

FYI - Satrom threw 15 innings over five days not two and he was very efficient in his pitching. Fontaine would never have him pitch 15 innings in two days, they may be "in it to win it" but he wouldn't ever jeopardize a kids arm!
I said he threw ten innings over two days.  Please read the whole post before you think I am wrong.  It rarely happens.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tigger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:27 am

cubsfan wrote:
Court22 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
baseball wrote:MPCG seems to have gotten outcoached to me for one reason.  you say Tangen threw 130 pitches in one day.  a coach should not do that to a kid who is 14-15 years old.  even if his arm did still feel good enough to pitch a coach has to know not to let a kid throw that many pitches at that age.  I know this wont happen but maybe they should change the pitching rules to X number of pitches in a week instead of innings.  a kid could throw 3 innings on 16 pitches while at the same time a differnt pitcher might take 30+ pitches to get out of 1 inning.  I feel the pitch count should be used at all levels little league - legion.....
I have to disagree with you on that.  Jordan Satrom threw at least 15 innings in this tournament.  I do not know how many pitches he threw but 15 innings and 10 innings over two days is not very healthy for a 15 year old either. 

FYI - Satrom threw 15 innings over five days not two and he was very efficient in his pitching. Fontaine would never have him pitch 15 innings in two days, they may be "in it to win it" but he wouldn't ever jeopardize a kids arm!
I said he threw ten innings over two days.  Please read the whole post before you think I am wrong.  It rarely happens.

You're so smart cubsfan....maybe you should become a coach.  The Babe Ruth pitching regulations are kind of ridiculous.  7 innings over 2 games can add up to a lot of innings for a young arm.  The Legion rules are better for limiting the strain on arms, but Satrom would have been within those rules too.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class B