Best Rivalries

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:42 am

What are pairs of teams that give the fans a great game to watch year in and year out?
thunderbaseball_38

Postby razorback » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:49 pm

dakota prairie and lakota is usually a good one too watch...
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:10 pm

midkota vs harvey , velva vs harvey , usually good games
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:09 pm

steele vs. washburn?

i've only watched their scores the last couple of years, so i don't know about long-term, but lately they seem to be pretty even. thought i remember reading that their coach retired or something though?
rep

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:42 pm

dlb vs ryan, there are the only two teams to ever come out of their region and every year they end up playing in the championship.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:30 pm

ballaholic#3 wrote:dlb vs ryan, there are the only two teams to ever come out of their region and every year they end up playing in the championship.

That is a good rivalry, but their region is weak.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballkid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:35 pm

rep wrote:steele vs. washburn?

i've only watched their scores the last couple of years, so i don't know about long-term, but lately they seem to be pretty even. thought i remember reading that their coach retired or something though?

yeah, i'd say that's been a good matchup these past few years.
baseballkid

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:15 pm

pick any two from Thompson, Hatton, Central Valley-Hillsboro, Hope-Finley, and MayPort and it is a good game in most years
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:57 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=461]Tigger[/user] wrote:
pick any two from Thompson, Hatton, Central Valley-Hillsboro, Hope-Finley, and MayPort and it is a good game in most years
</span>

add the bombers to that list for the legion season. They almost always manage to tick someone off from one of those towns.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yanks baseball » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:46 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=461]Tigger[/user] wrote:
</span>

add the bombers to that list for the legion season. They almost always manage to tick someone off from one of those towns.

That is why that is the best Region. Every game you go to seems like you never know whats going to happen. maybe not last year or the year before but it is always good games besides those years
yanks baseball

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:16 am

yanks baseball wrote:
</span>

That is why that is the best Region. Every game you go to seems like you never know whats going to happen. maybe not last year or the year before but it is always good games besides those years
why not the last couple years?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:36 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
yanks baseball wrote:
</span>

The section was extremely weak, with the exception of Thompson and Fargo.  Which has developed into a solid rivalry the last few years by the way.
Last edited by shs01240 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:11 am

shs01240 wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
yanks baseball wrote:
</span>

The section was extremely weak, with the exception of Thompson and Fargo.  Which has developed into a solid rivalry the last few years by the way.

Didn't Thompson get beat by Central Valley, and Hatton-Northwood, and only beat Hope by 3 in the legion season.. I wouldn't say that was extremely weak.. I believe Casselton played with them too
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby ricky bobby » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:20 am

razorback wrote:dakota prairie and lakota is usually a good one too watch...

didn't DP beat the #1 seed Lakota in the regionals last year......... i think Lakota had a player ejected......sounds like it should be exciting this year when these 2 teams square off
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby muddy lots » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:23 am

ya its definitely gonna be a battle when these two teams meet- i think they play early next week sometime- maybe Monday
muddy lots
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hollywood » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:26 am

O ya Monday huh, i might try and make it there for that game because i heard it is gonna be a great game. i even read that big hitter don't like the dp coach and big hitter is from lakota. sounds like the makings of a great game
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Didn't Thompson get beat by Central Valley, and Hatton-Northwood, and only beat Hope by 3 in the legion season.. I wouldn't say that was extremely weak.. I believe Casselton played with them too

Yes I belive so that Central Valley did beat thompson last year, it was a close game but CV came out with that one in a very close one, so much for the "extremely weak" region, genius statement.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1059]footballfanwatcher_99[/user] wrote:

Yes I belive so that Central Valley did beat thompson last year, it was a close game but CV came out with that one in a very close one, so much for the "extremely weak" region, genius statement.
</span>

it was the weakest the section had been in 3-4 years. There is no comparison between that section last summer, and the last summer of Burchill's career. Extremely weak might have been an incorrect use of words. Just wanted to get across the point that the section was down compared to previous years.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Class B