Teams with good coaches

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:52 pm

What teams from around the state have success in large part because of coaching? OR what teams can turn around this year because of how they are coached?
thunderbaseball_38

Postby cash » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:18 pm

thompson, velva, midkota, steele, and minot ryan to name a few
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:20 pm

I think Hope will have a very good year this season.  They have a lot of talent and one of the best coaches in the state (Mark Frost).  Hatton (Chad Omdahl) and Thompson (Ryam Brantl) same thing.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jacks22 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Derold Haugen from LaMoure is a good coach.  Really knows the sport and how it should be played.  He took LaMoure to state in their first year with the program and should probably take them again this year.
jacks22

Postby gophers18 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:44 pm

Galchutt and Enderlin have outstanding coaches also.  Kinneberg and Bratland respectively.  Kinneberg has brought the Galchutt program from nearly folding up to a very respectful program now.  7 years agao Galchutt didn't have a team now they are a threat to the section. Been to state legion 2 out of the 6 years he has been there and has not gone below the .500 mark each year. Treats his players very well.
Bratland is just a smart coach and always gets his kids to play well.
gophers18

Postby bisonman » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:08 am

Midkota.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:18 am

bisonman wrote:Midkota.

i agree midkota is always very well coached
Big Hitter

Postby hollywood » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:04 am

garrett magner from DP is very enthusiastic about baseball. he loves the game. he really gets into it sometimes....not always good but not always bad.... i know big hitter's gonna have something to say about this.
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:21 am

Tigger wrote:I think Hope will have a very good year this season.  They have a lot of talent and one of the best coaches in the state (Mark Frost).  Hatton (Chad Omdahl) and Thompson (Ryam Brantl) same thing.

Mark Frost is a great coach. He knows the game of baseball, and it rubs off on his players
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby ricky bobby » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:25 pm

hollywood wrote:garrett magner from DP is very enthusiastic about baseball. he loves the game. he really gets into it sometimes....not always good but not always bad.... i know big hitter's gonna have something to say about this.

i agree..... i have seen this man coach before and he is very intense. he really gets everything outta his players..... great coach
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballman » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:57 pm

Rick Christianson does a very good job coaching Midkota. He may be the only coach in the state that actually shows the batter what they can do to get a hit from the 3rd base coach box. Always well coached.
basketballman

Postby beachy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:44 am

gophers18 wrote:Galchutt and Enderlin have outstanding coaches also.  Kinneberg and Bratland respectively.  Kinneberg has brought the Galchutt program from nearly folding up to a very respectful program now.  7 years agao Galchutt didn't have a team now they are a threat to the section. Been to state legion 2 out of the 6 years he has been there and has not gone below the .500 mark each year. Treats his players very well.
Bratland is just a smart coach and always gets his kids to play well.

I would have to agree with you on this one gophers18.  Keith has brough galchutt from being notheing to something in the past few years....and he seems to always be a tough team....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:23 am

I'll agree with cash that year in, year out, Thompson is one of the best coached teams in the state.  I don't remember how long Brantl has been there, but it seems like forever.  Some great players have come out of that system. 
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 am

basketballman wrote:
Rick Christianson does a very good job coaching Midkota. He may be the only coach in the state that actually shows the batter what they can do to get a hit from the 3rd base coach box. Always well coached.

its also good when teh coach shows as much confidence with a guy at the plate who is 0-25 and as he does with a guy who is 20-25.  if the coach shows confidence taht will rub off on the players as well.  but the one thing that makes him a great coach is not the he just takes a player off to the side alone and just say what they do wrong, ive seen a few coaches do that, but before he leave he tells them how to fix it and not jsut leave it at "u did this wrong"
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby knights4 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:17 am

nothin to do w/ this topic sorry, but i just wanted to say hoops_fan1 ur avatar is flipin disgusting, proceed
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:47 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:I'll agree with cash that year in, year out, Thompson is one of the best coached teams in the state.  I don't remember how long Brantl has been there, but it seems like forever.  Some great players have come out of that system. 

its been over 30 years.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer20 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:10 pm

langdon
bballer20

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:54 pm

knights4 wrote:nothin to do w/ this topic sorry, but i just wanted to say hoops_fan1 ur avatar is flipin disgusting, proceed

I figured i'd get some compliments out of that pic.  Got an email titled, "10 reasons golfing is better than other sports" and this was #3.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Norm70 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:50 am

Who is steeles legion coach?
Norm70

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 am

Norm70 wrote:Who is steeles legion coach?

silbernagel does both HS and legion
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:25 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:I'll agree with cash that year in, year out, Thompson is one of the best coached teams in the state.  I don't remember how long Brantl has been there, but it seems like forever.  Some great players have come out of that system. 

yes hes a very good coach, cant argue with the tradition over there,,,     some "weaknesses" (dont know if thats the right word to use))  is that he over uses his top pitchers till their arms are in a sling and doesn't like to play tough teams during the season.  for how many times they have been to state 15+? during his tenure, they have only been in the sunshine bracket once and that was last year..  pretty impressive, solid program
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:41 pm

jetblue12 wrote:

yes hes a very good coach, cant argue with the tradition over there,,,     some "weaknesses" (dont know if thats the right word to use))  is that he over uses his top pitchers till their arms are in a sling and doesn't like to play tough teams during the season.  for how many times they have been to state 15+? during his tenure, they have only been in the sunshine bracket once and that was last year..  pretty impressive, solid program

Yes, I will agree 100% on that one. Brantl is a great coach. He gets by with pitching those pitchers that much though because he always has someone else that can step up as a pitcher. They always have a solid well-coached team..
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby Putupnumbers1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:06 am

I will have to say Rod Oksendahl from cavalier. His first year with a first year program Cavalier lost to the State Champs in the regional final by one to st. Thomas. For eight years straight after that they made it to the state tournament and won the state championship three years in a row.
Putupnumbers1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:42 pm

Putupnumbers1 wrote:I will have to say Rod Oksendahl from cavalier. His first year with a first year program Cavalier lost to the State Champs in the regional final by one to st. Thomas. For eight years straight after that they made it to the state tournament and won the state championship three years in a row.

Oksendahl would be the first one to admit that he isnt that great of a baseball coach. Manage the game maybe but as far as teaching how to play... average at best. It wasnt like he was a miracle worker and turned them into a contender from never playing baseball before. Their legion program was already strong before that.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby web17 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:54 am

InTheKnow wrote:
Putupnumbers1 wrote:I will have to say Rod Oksendahl from cavalier. His first year with a first year program Cavalier lost to the State Champs in the regional final by one to st. Thomas. For eight years straight after that they made it to the state tournament and won the state championship three years in a row.

Oksendahl would be the first one to admit that he isnt that great of a baseball coach. Manage the game maybe but as far as teaching how to play... average at best. It wasnt like he was a miracle worker and turned them into a contender from never playing baseball before. Their legion program was already strong before that.

speaking of oksendahl, i saw that they beat up on some team yesterday pretty bad. how are the tornadoes this year? they got a lot of talent, or did they face a bad team?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B