Region 1

Postby beachy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:56 am

Who are the teams in Region 1 and who will be good?
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 am

beachy wrote:Who are the teams in Region 1 and who will be good?

i believe this is the lamoure and kindred and hope bracket   i see lamoure coming out with hope second    lamoure has alot returning
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:39 am

berry186 wrote:
beachy wrote:Who are the teams in Region 1 and who will be good?

i believe this is the lamoure and kindred and hope bracket   i see lamoure coming out with hope second    lamoure has alot returning

is this region kind of weak? Because if Hope could take second in a region, that must not say much for the region.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:48 am

explain your position please
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:53 am

i just picked hope because they have alot of young players that got second and won the babe ruth  i dont know anything about the other teams
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:54 am

sorry..i wasnt talking about your post...i was talking to thunder baseball
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:56 am

i know i was just explaining my point   i alot of the other teams lost alot and hope is gaining
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:58 am

that's the way i feel about their program too....all that young talent and a good coach like Frost .....could be very tough to beat.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:05 am

ya i see them and lamoure playing some good games with lamoure being the same way with just one senior this coming year
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:25 am

I suppose I only know that team from legion last year and their babe ruth team last year, but their legion was not very good, and the babe ruth was good in babe ruth, but the players that played on babe ruth and legion didn't do that good on legion. They have a good coach, but they need more than just one year to get that Babe ruth team to be good at a varsity level. They aren't going to just make that jump straight up to the top after one off-season. I think next year they will be alot closer to the top. I don't think they will be that good this year, so if they take second in region, I don't think that region would be that strong.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:27 am

year after lamoure won babe ruth that 15 year old went straight to legion and got second and 2 16 year olds were all state    so it can be done
Last edited by berry186 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:34 am

berry186 wrote:year after lamoure won babe ruth that 15 year old went straight to legion and got second and 2 16 year olds were all state    so it can be done

I can't see that happening with that team though. I watched that babe ruth play in about 4 games I think and they were nothing spectacular. They won state, but they weren't unbeatable. Their pitching threw fastballs for strikes, but I saw very few offspeed stuff, which if you just throw fastballs, that really aren't that fast, you are gonna get crushed. They were good in the field, I will give them that, but I they also were only good hitters against babe ruth pitching. I know Derby might have a got a hit off of our pitching in legion last year when we threw one of our top 4, but I don't think any of the other players from that babe ruth team that played legion even got a hit, and I remember quite a few strikeouts in those games. They need to adapt for a year, and next year they will be towards the top.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:56 am

ya i dont really know alot about them just playing against them for one year but lamoure will still come out of that region and have a chance at state
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:06 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
berry186 wrote:year after lamoure won babe ruth that 15 year old went straight to legion and got second and 2 16 year olds were all state    so it can be done

I can't see that happening with that team though. I watched that babe ruth play in about 4 games I think and they were nothing spectacular. They won state, but they weren't unbeatable. Their pitching threw fastballs for strikes, but I saw very few offspeed stuff, which if you just throw fastballs, that really aren't that fast, you are gonna get crushed. They were good in the field, I will give them that, but I they also were only good hitters against babe ruth pitching. I know Derby might have a got a hit off of our pitching in legion last year when we threw one of our top 4, but I don't think any of the other players from that babe ruth team that played legion even got a hit, and I remember quite a few strikeouts in those games. They need to adapt for a year, and next year they will be towards the top.
doesnt surprise me.....you hating on FSHP....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:24 pm

berry186 wrote:ya i dont really know alot about them just playing against them for one year but lamoure will still come out of that region and have a chance at state

Lamoure should be the favorite in the state this year, and if someone doesnt have them as the favorite, then they havent seen them play before. They have alot of young tallent that will only get better.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby tadam6 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:01 am

yeah they're played their hearts out in state legion this past summer and i think only lost like 1 guy or somethin...but w/ holen pitching and at the plate they are not gonna be a team anyone would want to play...
tadam6

Postby beachy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 am

What are all the teams.... whos all in region 1?
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Akadema » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:06 am

The teams in Region 1 are Enderlin, Kindred, Hope-Finley, Northern Cass, Central Cass, & Lamoure. Lamoure will be the team to beat in this region, but it is still pretty wide open
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:36 am

Akadema wrote:The teams in Region 1 are Enderlin, Kindred, Hope-Finley, Northern Cass, Central Cass, & Lamoure. Lamoure will be the team to beat in this region, but it is still pretty wide open

Doesn't Enderlin usually have a good program?
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Akadema » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:06 pm

Yeah Enderlin is usually pretty decent. Their high school teams have been down the last couple years but they got a couple good sophomores and juniors. They will always be competitive.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Akadema wrote:The teams in Region 1 are Enderlin, Kindred, Hope-Finley, Northern Cass, Central Cass, & Lamoure. Lamoure will be the team to beat in this region, but it is still pretty wide open

forgetting a couple of teams one for sure in F-c-t-h-r we should have an ok season this year... we did not have a varsity last year bc of lack of players but this year is gonan be different....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Akadema » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Which guys are Fairmount gonna get from Hankinson...Is Mauch plannin on playing?
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:32 am

Akadema wrote:Which guys are Fairmount gonna get from Hankinson...Is Mauch plannin on playing?

no mauch plays track but there are some prety ok players that are gonna play.  Abotu 5 varsity players.... we will actually have a bench that can help us this year...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:02 am

What does Central Cass's lineup look like this spring?
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Akadema » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:59 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:What does Central Cass's lineup look like this spring?

Central Cass has been kind of under the radar but i think they will have a decent team this year. They got a couple guys who played on their babe ruth team last summer who were impressive- Beau Sinner and Brandon Rust. I saw Rust pitch in the state babe ruth tourney and he has the potential to be a good pitcher. Rumor also has it that they got a transfer from Colorado (Anthony Fontana) who is supposedly getting recruited by Iowa Western but i don't know if it's true or not. If it is true then that will help their team immensely.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class B