Worst field

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:10 am

bison_18 wrote:The mound that they started with in Lisbon was HUGE. I was there for the State Babe Ruth tourney when they had it about 3 years ago. Pretty good atmosphere there and the concessions weren't bad either.

Haha so was I. That is pretty cool. Boy was Central Valley tough.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hollywood » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:32 am

kensal field is horrible
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Akadema » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:24 pm

bison_18 wrote:The mound that they started with in Lisbon was HUGE. I was there for the State Babe Ruth tourney when they had it about 3 years ago. Pretty good atmosphere there and the concessions weren't bad either.

I just played there this past summer and they are not taking good care of their infield. But you are right it is still a good atmosphere. Lisbon is always good at bringing a good group of fans to their games. I will admit though, playing in the outfield it was hard to concentrate with the lifeguards sittin right behind for you to stare at.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:24 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
cash wrote:thompson has a nice field i hear

thompson isnt that nice. it has a light pole on the field, a crow's nest in right center, a sidewalk on the field in left center, and having the school as left field fence. it kinda not cool for an outfielder when a fly ball bounces back to the infield off the school. i would say hillsboro is the worst field. It is BAD! I think 5 players on our team had sore ankles from running down the first baseline because it is so rough and uneven. The grass infield really isn't that nice of a grass infield. And the lip of the grass of the infield grass to the dirt is very uneven. They should've forgot about the sprinkler system, and made the field itself a little better.

reynolds has a softball diamond with a mound. A poor mound at that. I can't see how anyone would really like playing there accept its easier to hit a homerun there because it is 271 down both lines. I think its pretty sad that you can hit home runs that hit a house across the street behind the outfield fence.

When did Thompson get a grass infield?  I know they leave the goalposts up in foul territory in right, but I'm not sure about in center.  CV's field could be better, but it's not as bad as the field in Gardner was.  They had a drain behind second base.  Larimore's field is nothing special.  MayPort has a nice field but the stands are rotting.  Hope and Hatton are both doing good jobs upgrading their facilities though I did see a grounder bounce straight sideways in some soft dirt and a ball bounce into a player's face in some hard dirt on Hope's infield last year.  Both fields at Red Willow are terrible.  I think those should win worst hands down.  If it weren't for the tradition down there, nobody would dare step onto those death traps.
Last edited by Tigger on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:47 pm

red willow is a classic place to play...probly not the nicest but its just the setting
tadam6

Postby rumbles » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:30 pm

tadam6 wrote:red willow is a classic place to play...probly not the nicest but its just the setting
you have to make sure and win so you play at the stadium that has shade
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:22 am

rumbles wrote:
tadam6 wrote:red willow is a classic place to play...probly not the nicest but its just the setting
Main Diamond is a pretty nice field...except for the lip going into the outfield.....if you have to go up to the hill....good luck
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballkid » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Killdeer's field was bad which i'll agree, the infield is like a sand trap. But Medina's and Max's are up to par with that one.
Last edited by baseballkid on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseballkid

Postby fatman52 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:00 am

don't forget the road that runs through right field at Wyndmere
Last edited by fatman52 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
fatman52

Postby spoilers23 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:14 am

edmore, cavalier, park river
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:13 pm

fatman52 wrote:don't forget the road that runs through right field at Wyndmere
what a road in the middle of the field??????
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Lansford's field has gopher holes and garden snakes in the outfield. Also i saw a dead carcass of a moose. Sawyer's field is bad too, they also gopher holes and they have a chicken wired fence in right field........
Last edited by dukefan32 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby knights4 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:34 pm

spoilers23 wrote:edmore, cavalier, park river
i'll agree with all three of those, cavalier is a swamp, takes three weeks for it to dry, pr, hilly outfield, and in the summer the grass is like astroturf, edmore's field is just rediculas 
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:09 pm

I think both stadium's at Red Willow are just absolutely terrible.  Nice setting but the fields are just awful.  On the main diamond their are rocks all over the infield the pitcher's mound is one of the worst in state and the outfield drops down a good 5 feet, and sometimes they have to rope off some of the outfield in early spring.  The field on top of the hill is even worse.  The pitcher's mound is probably the worst one in the state. And every time I have been there it has been around 100 degrees, thank god for the lake though.  And the umps they have their are softball umps and they are absolutely the worst ones in the state.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Adam33 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:54 pm

Cavalier is horrible
Adam33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:06 pm

The Schwab wrote:
rumbles wrote:
Main Diamond is a pretty nice field...except for the lip going into the outfield.....if you have to go up to the hill....good luck

Do they still have the slab of wood as the rubber on the main fields mound??
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Cavalier is bad. They basicly have a gravel infield and it is a swamp. Walhalla is another bad one. The outfield is full of gopher holes and some gopher mounds. The bench has no way to shelter you from rain or sun and the backstop is like 10 feet from the back of the plate. The only good part is when the wind is blowing, it usually blows out if you're a righty. Edmore is a piece of work too.
thesports_guy32

Postby web17 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:54 am

hollywood wrote:kensal field is horrible

ya its terrible. it is exactly like a little league field without the dugouts and everything. the infield is horrible too. not even to mention the outfield.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Utility » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:13 am

worse field norther cass, best field Bottineau
Mr. Utility

Postby allsport » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:57 am

Mr. Utility wrote:worse field norther cass, best field Bottineau

Bottineau's field my be nice but their bleachers are a nightmare.
Last edited by allsport on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ace » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:10 pm

baller01 wrote:

Haha so was I. That is pretty cool. Boy was Central Valley tough.

i was there also and i thought the field was really nice.... but central valley got alot of lucky breaks to win it... but i guess u need some
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby ace » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:13 pm

another field that i thought was pretty awful is in i think Binford.... or wherever Midkota plays but i think its in Binford... wierd cuz they are always a good baseball school, so u would think they would put some money into it
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby brfan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:18 pm

lansford is horrible there is so many snakes in the out felid it is gross and the last time i played there there was a died deer by the dugout
brfan

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:12 am

brfan wrote:lansford is horrible there is so many snakes in the out felid it is gross and the last time i played there there was a died deer by the dugout

I think we found a winner!! haha.. Was the deer a different color or was it dead?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:13 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
brfan wrote:lansford is horrible there is so many snakes in the out felid it is gross and the last time i played there there was a died deer by the dugout

I think we found a winner!! haha.. Was the deer a different color or was it dead?

I guess that one beats them all.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Class B