senior athlete of the year

Postby Dizza30 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:03 pm

cash wrote:christianson, top 5 hitter :D, ok the catcher from lakota is good, ross severson or w/e, that was the one im talkin about, from dp, the other one, dont know his name, hes a good player, pitcher 14 innings in like 2 days

the other one, Brent Leuhring,  had a solid year at the plate and was an effective pitcher. he was a great senior leader on a young team... he was well deserving of all-region
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 am

cash......instead of rippin on all the other players who were named all-region, tell us why Lorenz should have been all-region and now senior athlete of the year.  He cant hit, no range in the infield, not fast enough for outfield, so basically he throws hard so give him the award.....sure he MIGHT be the best pitcher, id still take a khjemus, but there are better all around players then him and one of them will win the award.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:08 am

baseball wrote:cash......instead of rippin on all the other players who were named all-region, tell us why Lorenz should have been all-region and now senior athlete of the year.  He cant hit, no range in the infield, not fast enough for outfield, so basically he throws hard so give him the award.....sure he MIGHT be the best pitcher, id still take a khjemus, but there are better all around players then him and one of them will win the award.
your right, i was thinking the same thing when i was thinking about this when i woke up, he isint a very good hitter, but he is a good 1st baseman, if he could get his hitting down he'd be a nominee i think, i forgot how bad his hitting was, i wasnt trying to take anything away from the alregion winners last year, i was jus getting worked up, my bad:D
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:03 am

baseball wrote:
cash wrote:christianson, top 5 hitter :D, ok the catcher from lakota is good, ross severson or w/e, that was the one im talkin about, from dp, the other one, dont know his name, hes a good player, pitcher 14 innings in like 2 days

whats your point.....im pretty sure almost every region had someone do that...

It was actually 11 innings in one day..... But it was agaisnt Kensal in a 5 inning 10 run rule and Lakota for 6 innings and then Severson took over for the last inning.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tadam6 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:57 am

schaefer had a .61 era when he won it...but he also hit over .430 and had a .975 fielding percentage
tadam6

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:26 am

tadam6 wrote:schaefer had a .61 era when he won it...but he also hit over .430 and had a .975 fielding percentage

as you can see....all around player.  not just a good pitcher:D
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nike07 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:36 am

Lorenz will get it, just because he signed to a bigtime baseball school and a lot of coaches know about him, does he deserve it? we'll find out, if he hits well and fields well....maybe, because you know he'll step up when hes pitching, i mean, frmo what i've heard, all the kid does is pitch
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:05 am

where did lorenz sign
tadam6

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:47 am

nike07 wrote:Lorenz will get it, just because he signed to a bigtime baseball school and a lot of coaches know about him, does he deserve it? we'll find out, if he hits well and fields well....maybe, because you know he'll step up when hes pitching, i mean, frmo what i've heard, all the kid does is pitch

exactly why he wont win it.......
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:27 pm

cash wrote:
baseball wrote:cash......instead of rippin on all the other players who were named all-region, tell us why Lorenz should have been all-region and now senior athlete of the year.  He cant hit, no range in the infield, not fast enough for outfield, so basically he throws hard so give him the award.....sure he MIGHT be the best pitcher, id still take a khjemus, but there are better all around players then him and one of them will win the award.
your right, i was thinking the same thing when i was thinking about this when i woke up, he isint a very good hitter, but he is a good 1st baseman, if he could get his hitting down he'd be a nominee i think, i forgot how bad his hitting was, i wasnt trying to take anything away from the alregion winners last year, i was jus getting worked up, my bad:D

that doesnt answer anything....u just repeated what i said.  i asked what Lorenz has other then a fastball that he should win sr of the year....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:15 pm

Pitching alone is not gonna win you the award. You have to have a good bat on you too. The wood bats will really seperate the good hitters from the bad ones. Does anyone know if they're keeping aluminum w/ legion? I just assume they are cause I haven't heard differently. It'll be interesting to see how things change when teams go back to the aluminum.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby ace » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:39 pm

i dunno if lorenz will get senior athlete of the year but i no the kid can field well..... ya he might not be fast but how many people at 6'7" do you know that are fast.... he is just as good of a first baseman as anyone in the region and is by far the toughest to over throw, with his height, so quit bashing his fielding becuz hes not a terrible first baseman...he can scoop the ball well and first base is probably one of the best places to put a person with no speed.... and ya he cant hit great but if he improves his hitting you gotta have him as the front runner for senior athlete of the year in the region
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby ace » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Dizza30 wrote:

the other one, Brent Leuhring,  had a solid year at the plate and was an effective pitcher. he was a great senior leader on a young team... he was well deserving of all-region

ya i thought leuhring had a good year at the plate and he was a good centerfielder.... but when he pitched i just sat there and thought how long until he starts walking everyone and throwing balls off the backstop... i think people can agree with me that he was not a very good pitcher because he had no control
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:02 pm

luering was good, i think he was a streaky pitcher, his motion is deceptive, his arm action or somethin makes it a lot harder to see the ball, i still think buxa deserved saoty in that region last year, he could play any position, any position
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am

leurhing is decent
tadam6

Postby baseballkid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:53 pm

MARK BAKKUM IS THE GREATEST IN ALL OF HIGHSCHOOL BALL! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! HE IS MY IDOL. HE'S SAOTY WITHOUT ANY COMPETITION.
baseballkid

Postby Dizza30 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:02 pm

baseballkid wrote:MARK BAKKUM IS THE GREATEST IN ALL OF HIGHSCHOOL BALL! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! HE IS MY IDOL. HE'S SAOTY WITHOUT ANY COMPETITION.

oh that..
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:16 pm

baseballkid wrote:MARK BAKKUM IS THE GREATEST IN ALL OF HIGHSCHOOL BALL! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! HE IS MY IDOL. HE'S SAOTY WITHOUT ANY COMPETITION.
your prolly right
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby catchit9 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 am

dont crown him now... there are a few good players this year... has he been drafted?... or is he even expecting it?
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:57 am

catchit9 wrote:dont crown him now... there are a few good players this year... has he been drafted?... or is he even expecting it?
I doubt anyone from North Dakota will get drafted this year...
baseball1981

Postby junior11 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Anthony Fontana will get it.. No doubt.. transfer from Texas/Colorado..
junior11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:00 pm

junior11 wrote:Anthony Fontana will get it.. No doubt.. transfer from Texas/Colorado..
I believe the Senior Athlete will go to a player whose team makes it to state. Think, I the last 5 players that were named Senior Athlete made it to state. Will Central Cass be able to get by Lamoure?
baseball1981

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:46 am

bison_18 wrote:Pitching alone is not gonna win you the award. You have to have a good bat on you too. The wood bats will really seperate the good hitters from the bad ones. Does anyone know if they're keeping aluminum w/ legion? I just assume they are cause I haven't heard differently. It'll be interesting to see how things change when teams go back to the aluminum.

Legion stays with the metal.  I think that would have to be a national decision to change that.  I like Kjemhus (either one) for the award.  They are both tremendous outfielders and hitters.  Tyler is a better pitcher, but Aaron can hold his own.  If Thompson wins their tough league and makes a run at the state title,  a Kjemhus will win.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dontchoke » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:39 am

it should be good games throughout the season between CC and lamoure. and yes the last player to be named senior ahlete of the year when their team wasnt at state was brady birchill of hope/page
dontchoke
NDPreps Rookie

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:24 am

this is true... part of being senior athelete of the year includes leadership... so if they can help their team make it to state then that will weigh huge on the decision
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B