Postby tadam6 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:07 am

tuff to say right now
tadam6

Postby basketballer » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:06 am

Bakkum is my pick.
basketballer

Postby cash » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:23 am

basketballer wrote:Bakkum is my pick.
hes good, i dont think hes a senior athlete of the year tho, definatley not in baseball, basketball he definatley could be
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:54 am

basketballer wrote:Bakkum is my pick.

imo bakkum is the best all around athlete in high school right now and if i was forced to put money on anyone it would be him. my runner up will be one of the Khjemus twins.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby power-aid14 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:13 pm

if tanner lorenz stays healthy, he will be the SAoTY undoubtedly
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Canidates I know of from the east side-

Tannner Lorenz

Kjemus twins

Mark Bakum (or is it Matt?)

Tanner Adam
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:53 am

InTheKnow wrote:Canidates I know of from the east side-

Tannner Lorenz

Kjemus twins

Mark Bakum (or is it Matt?)

Tanner Adam
its mark, thats a pretty good, list, i dont really think theres any great players from the west, not many teams over there, i dont see tanner adam winning it, bakkum could because hes jus a great all around athletes, the kjehmus's are both excellent ballplayers so that should be a toss up, it should be interesting
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer20 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:10 pm

tanner adam is my pick..great all around player
bballer20

Postby cash » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:12 pm

bballer20 wrote:tanner adam is my pick..great all around player
i hate to say it, but tanner adam will not win saoty, im sayin lorenz, bakkum, or tyler kjehmus
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 am

Lorenz won't win it.  He didn't even get all region last year.  He hasn't done anything that special yet in high school.  I definately could see Bakkum or Adam receving the award.  Both players have led there team State High School and the Legion Tournament.  I'm sorry, but I don't think Lorenz will lead Harvey to state this year.  He might not even be the Senior Player of the year in his region, with Joel Anderson from Midkota being in the region. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:59 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Lorenz won't win it.  He didn't even get all region last year.  He hasn't done anything that special yet in high school.  I definately could see Bakkum or Adam receving the award.  Both players have led there team State High School and the Legion Tournament.  I'm sorry, but I don't think Lorenz will lead Harvey to state this year.  He might not even be the Senior Player of the year in his region, with Joel Anderson from Midkota being in the region. 

I think there is a couple seniors this year that didn't even get all-region last year, and didn't lead their team to state that could get senior player of the year, not just Lorenz. He has a good shot at it though.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:14 am

im gonna stick with Bakkum, Adam, or a Khjemus
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:23 am

baseball wrote:im gonna stick with Bakkum, Adam, or a Khjemus

I don't know much about Bakkum or Adam. I played Adam last year but I don't remember him all that well. But I will comment on the Khjemhus's. I don't think they were even the top juniors in the region last year. They didn't lead their team to state, but they are getting more recognition this year for playing in the state tournament. Don't get me wrong, they are good. But I know of a few other seniors that have just as good of chance if players that don't make it to state would actually get recognized.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Dizza30 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:32 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Lorenz won't win it.  He didn't even get all region last year.  He hasn't done anything that special yet in high school.  I definately could see Bakkum or Adam receving the award.  Both players have led there team State High School and the Legion Tournament.  I'm sorry, but I don't think Lorenz will lead Harvey to state this year.  He might not even be the Senior Player of the year in his region, with Joel Anderson from Midkota being in the region. 

I agree...
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:27 pm

name one thing, bryan christiansen did, or that short kid from dp, or that catcher from lakota, lorenz is better than all 3 of those players and yet he didnt get allregion, maybe because harvey HAD 4 players that should have been allregion, but coaches want to see balance, so they vote for 1 or 2 players from each team
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:06 pm

cash wrote:
name one thing, bryan christiansen did, or that short kid from dp, or that catcher from lakota, lorenz is better than all 3 of those players and yet he didnt get allregion, maybe because harvey HAD 4 players that should have been allregion, but coaches want to see balance, so they vote for 1 or 2 players from each team

perhaps all these kids could do more than just pitch.  Lorenz is not a good hitter, doesnt have that great of range at 1st base, but he throws 85+....thats all hes got goin for him
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 pm

i like your style baseball...i like your moves...good post
tadam6

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:47 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
baseball wrote:im gonna stick with Bakkum, Adam, or a Khjemus

I don't know much about Bakkum or Adam. I played Adam last year but I don't remember him all that well. But I will comment on the Khjemhus's. I don't think they were even the top juniors in the region last year. They didn't lead their team to state, but they are getting more recognition this year for playing in the state tournament. Don't get me wrong, they are good. But I know of a few other seniors that have just as good of chance if players that don't make it to state would actually get recognized.

i get what your sayin about only being recognized beacuse they went to state but thats true in every sport.  perhaps there are better plays but because they dont get recognized no one on the other side of the state knows how good they are.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:33 pm

cash wrote:

Short kid from DP?  Two people received it from DP, and Christianson was probably in the top five for hitters in the region last year.  The catcher from Lakota arguably was the best catcher in the region last year and one of the best hitters I would have to say.  The only thing Lorenz can do is throw hard.  He has no range at first and he doesn't hit very well.  I remember he started out as like the 5 hitter and then hit like 8 the rest of the year.  I think they even would DH for him most the time.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:42 pm

christianson, top 5 hitter :D, ok the catcher from lakota is good, ross severson or w/e, that was the one im talkin about, from dp, the other one, dont know his name, hes a good player, pitcher 14 innings in like 2 days
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dizza30 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:48 pm

cash wrote:

Name one thing that lorenz did to get all-region
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:50 pm

he had a era of i think 0.61 or somethin like that, a hundrend some k's in 60 innings of pitching, come on, how did tyler volk not make it either, it was a little stupid i thought
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:51 pm

cash wrote:christianson, top 5 hitter :D, ok the catcher from lakota is good, ross severson or w/e, that was the one im talkin about, from dp, the other one, dont know his name, hes a good player, pitcher 14 innings in like 2 days

whats your point.....im pretty sure almost every region had someone do that...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:58 pm

cash wrote:he had a era of i think 0.61 or somethin like that, a hundrend some k's in 60 innings of pitching, come on, how did tyler volk not make it either, it was a little stupid i thought

Dude your obviously from Harvey, I'm obviously not.  Lorenz throws hard yes, but he needs to do it both ways.  Will Lorenz probably win it next year? Yes, but I would say because of the players around him.  They will make him better.  Krahler isn't that good of pitcher, I can name atleast 5 in the region just as good as him.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Class B