senior athlete of the year

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:27 am

i heard lamoure has a pretty good team this year... they will sure be tough...
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:56 am

catchit9 wrote:i heard lamoure has a pretty good team this year... they will sure be tough...
Yeah they will be tough. They have a lot of good young players with experience.
baseball1981

Postby rep » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:07 am

baseball1981 wrote:
catchit9 wrote:i heard lamoure has a pretty good team this year... they will sure be tough...

what players graduated for them? berry and gibbs i know for sure...can't remember who else though. their catcher willey?
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 am

rep wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

what players graduated for them? berry and gibbs i know for sure...can't remember who else though. their catcher willey?
I'm not positive on Wiley, but I know they return a couple great juniors.
baseball1981

Postby berry186 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:47 pm

willey graduated and they have holen and watkins there they are juniors  

plus for legion gibbs and willey will be coming back
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dynasty2 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:47 pm

This is another dumb award. It could just as well be called eastern serior athlete. Nobody anywhere west will even have a chance. If it is really a career numbers and leadership think there would be alot of different votes.
dynasty2

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:57 pm

dynasty2 wrote:This is another dumb award. It could just as well be called eastern serior athlete. Nobody anywhere west will even have a chance. If it is really a career numbers and leadership think there would be alot of different votes.
It is a fact that the east has way more talent than the west, not saying the west dosent have good players, the east just has more.
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:41 pm

who would you say was the best player in the east last year and was he better then Zach Scheaffer??  the only name i can think of would have been Huettl
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:56 pm

baseball wrote:who would you say was the best player in the east last year and was he better then Zach Scheaffer??  the only name i can think of would have been Huettl
that's the only one i can think of too.
baseball1981

Postby Ben23 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:25 pm

baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:Bakkum is my pick.

imo bakkum is the best all around athlete in high school right now and if i was forced to put money on anyone it would be him. my runner up will be one of the Khjemus twins.

Yeah i agree with Bakkum being the best all around athlete but I think my runner-up would be Jamie Mauch but i have never heard of the Khjemus twins either thought.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Ben23 wrote:
baseball wrote:

imo bakkum is the best all around athlete in high school right now and if i was forced to put money on anyone it would be him. my runner up will be one of the Khjemus twins.

Yeah i agree with Bakkum being the best all around athlete but I think my runner-up would be Jamie Mauch but i have never heard of the Khjemus twins either thought.
Mauch isint a senior...so how could he win the award. My vote goes to either Tyler Kjehmus or Mark Bakkum.
Last edited by baseball1981 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:37 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
Ben23 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Mauch isint a senior...so how could he win the award. My vote goes to either Tyler Kjehmus or Mark Bakkum.

i tinhk he meant Mauch would be the best all around athlete in high school?  does he play baseball ive never heard his name other then in baskeball?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby OilCanBoy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:34 pm

I would have to take Luke Heinle or Isaac Steele from Kensal.  They are two of best players I've seen.
OilCanBoy

Postby tadam6 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:51 pm

never heard of em
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:55 pm

OilCanBoy wrote:I would have to take Luke Heinle or Isaac Steele from Kensal.  They are two of best players I've seen.
You probably haven't seen a bad player then, because those two players are horrible...why would you even joke about that.
baseball1981

Postby brian » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:46 pm

why has nobody mentioned bottineau baseball, j/k i thought it was funny though cuz they all think they are going to state this year
brian

Postby junior11 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:11 pm

will central Cass get by Lamoure?? is that even a question?/ all they have is watkins and Holan and Holan doesnt even throw hard.. I guess we will see in a week
junior11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball11 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:36 pm

junior11 wrote:will central Cass get by Lamoure?? is that even a question?/ all they have is watkins and Holan and Holan doesnt even throw hard.. I guess we will see in a week

Holen doesn't need to throw hard.  He hits his spots and has a good curve.  Since when do you have to throw hard to be a good pitcher?
baseball11

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm

hahaha it sure does help tho to throw fast
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:52 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:hahaha it sure does help tho to throw fast

It doesn't help if your not hitting spots.
baseball11

Postby berry186 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:14 am

ask langdon if throwing fast means anything holen kinda held them down 2 in state and there lineup was kinda stacked
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:12 am

junior11 wrote:will central Cass get by Lamoure?? is that even a question?/ all they have is watkins and Holan and Holan doesnt even throw hard.. I guess we will see in a week

Who does Central Cass have on their that is returning from last year?  Jared Brown, Sam Back, 2 players that are decent but Watkins and Holen are a lot better than both of them.  Lamoure returns 6 starters that went to state and played in the state championship game in legion.  So how is it even a question to think that Central Cass will get by Lamoure, it is a dumb question.  The region athlete of the year out of region 2 will be Dusty Brend.  He is the best shortstop in the region and is a very good hitter as well.  I guarantee that the senior athlete of the in region 2 will not be from MPCG like last year.
Last edited by cubsfan on Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:05 am

must have some ties to lamoure cubsfan. don't be so defensive.
PA42

Postby Tigger » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:30 am

cubsfan wrote:

Who does Central Cass have on their that is returning from last year?  Jared Brown, Sam Back, 2 players that are decent but Watkins and Holen are a lot better than both of them.  Lamoure returns 6 starters that went to state and played in the state championship game in legion.  So how is it even a question to think that Central Cass will get by Lamoure, it is a dumb question.  The region athlete of the year out of region 2 will be Dusty Brend.  He is the best shortstop in the region and is a very good hitter as well.  I guarantee that the senior athlete of the in region 2 will not be from MPCG like last year.

Does MayPort have any seniors?  I don't think that they do.  Brend is a very good player, but a Kjemhus will win the award.  How about Hope-Page/Finley-Sharon to beat Lamoure down in Region 1?  They have a small roster from what I've heard, but they are young and talented and will benefit from all the playing time.  When Burchill won the Senior Athlete award, Hope had a top team but lost a couple guys to suspension before the regionals.  They did go on to win the Legion title that year.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:35 am

Tigger wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

Does MayPort have any seniors?  I don't think that they do.  Brend is a very good player, but a Kjemhus will win the award.  How about Hope-Page/Finley-Sharon to beat Lamoure down in Region 1?  They have a small roster from what I've heard, but they are young and talented and will benefit from all the playing time.  When Burchill won the Senior Athlete award, Hope had a top team but lost a couple guys to suspension before the regionals.  They did go on to win the Legion title that year.

I think it will be Brend or Tyler Kjemhus. I think there are other region players that could get it for their pitching and fielding, and they have good bats, but they just don't put up power numbers like Brend and the Kjemhus's. I don't believe Mayville has any seniors....?? Not 100%, but I think Adam Fyre is their oldest player and isn't he a junior?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B