Best field

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:25 pm

Who has the best class B field in the state?

bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball1niner » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:38 pm

glenfield
bball1niner

Postby cash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 pm

lisbon, mayville, harvey, velva, bishop ryans haha, probably a lot more
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:33 pm

cogswell
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:03 am

ENDERLIN.... COOLEST FIELD EVER...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:05 am

bballer2 wrote:ENDERLIN.... COOLEST FIELD EVER...

gotta say i agree.....with the highway down the first base line and the train tracks across the outfield....great field
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby web17 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:01 am

cash wrote:lisbon, mayville, harvey, velva, bishop ryans haha, probably a lot more

mayville has a very nice field. with the nice grass infield, nice dug-outs. it is always a good place to play. even if it is always cold when we are there....
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:07 am

web17 wrote:
cash wrote:lisbon, mayville, harvey, velva, bishop ryans haha, probably a lot more

mayville has a very nice field. with the nice grass infield, nice dug-outs. it is always a good place to play. even if it is always cold when we are there....

Mayville is pretty nice. Enderlin is a great, fun place to play, and I think Langdon is pretty nice too.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:20 pm

definately Enderlin and besides the train and highway, the ivy, grandstands, and concessions window that opens to the field, players love the easy access.  HANDS DOWN THE BEST BASEBALL FIELD.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby rumbles » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Harvey has a very nice field too
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:20 pm

lisbon just put quite a bit of money into their field a couple years back.  nicest field ive seen.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:23 pm

sodadrinker wrote:lisbon just put quite a bit of money into their field a couple years back.  nicest field ive seen.

that was what 4-5 years ago....i played on it while they were putting it up so they still had snow fencing and such in the outfield and looked like it was gonna be nice but i havent seen it since...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:25 pm

harveys field not cool....especially w/ the outfield being used as the football field too
tadam6

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Harvey's field does struggle.  The outfield is so uneven from the football season.  The infeild is ok.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tigger » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:11 am

Enderlin's field is pretty good except the centerfield fence is about 30 inches behind the infield.  Mayville has a nice playing surface though their stands are slowly rotting.  Mayville might be the only team in North Dakota to boast grassed in baselines.  Hope's Frost Field is coming along as a nice place to see a ballgame.  They've added new concessions and a grandstand in the past few years with other improvements to come.  Thompson's field isn't that much to talk about, but it's fun to watch people launch balls on top of their school.  The ballpark in Cassleton has undergone extensive renovation and is a very nice park now.  They installed new fences and dugouts and eliminated the light poles and the expansive foul territory that they used to have.
Last edited by Tigger on Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:29 am

Tigger wrote:Enderlin's field is pretty good except the centerfield fence is about 30 inches behind the infield.  Mayville has a nice playing surface though their stands are slowly rotting.  Mayville might be the only team in North Dakota to boast grassed in baselines.  Hope's Frost Field is coming along as a nice place to see a ballgame.  They've added new concessions and a grandstand in the past few years with other improvements to come.  Thompson's field isn't that much to talk about, but it's fun to watch people launch balls on top of their school.  The ballpark in Cassleton has undergone extensive renovation and is a very nice park now.  They installed new fences and dugouts and eliminated the light poles and the expansive foul territory that they used to have.

Yah, I liked casseltons field. But Hope, the surroundings are good, but the infield is one of the worst to play on. The dirt is really soft. Its almost like playing on a beach. It kills ground balls more than a grass infield does. But the new covered stands, and all, and the flag poles does make it a nice place to watch a game. Just can't say its a good place to play.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:10 am

Tigger wrote:Enderlin's field is pretty good except the centerfield fence is about 30 inches behind the infield.  Mayville has a nice playing surface though their stands are slowly rotting.  Mayville might be the only team in North Dakota to boast grassed in baselines.  Hope's Frost Field is coming along as a nice place to see a ballgame.  They've added new concessions and a grandstand in the past few years with other improvements to come.  Thompson's field isn't that much to talk about, but it's fun to watch people launch balls on top of their school.  The ballpark in Cassleton has undergone extensive renovation and is a very nice park now.  They installed new fences and dugouts and eliminated the light poles and the expansive foul territory that they used to have.

Mayville has the nicest grassed base lines in the state. THose things are great!
PA42

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:09 am

[user=1633]thunderbaseball_38[/user] wrote:

Yah, I liked casseltons field. But Hope, the surroundings are good, but the infield is one of the worst to play on. The dirt is really soft. Its almost like playing on a beach. It kills ground balls more than a grass infield does. But the new covered stands, and all, and the flag poles does make it a nice place to watch a game. Just can't say its a good place to play.

Yea Hope's main problem is topographical..........any time it rains the infield turns into a mess, water just flows right towards home plate. Other than that, its a very nice field.
I'd never seen Enderlin's field until the State Babe Ruth tourney, and man is that a great diamond. Awesome place.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby beachy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:39 am

Enderlins field is nice besides all you gotto do is make contact and it will go out in center.... most of the homers in center are jsut regular fly balls in normal fields... Another greeat field is Wahpetons John Randall field.....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby gophers18 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:40 am

I have played both legion and amatuer ball at Enderlin it is a beautiful park and well kept up. Hats off to Mr. Bratland for his work on keeping it so unique.
gophers18

Postby fatman52 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:26 pm

enderlin is a great field unless you are giveing up homeruns off the train.
fatman52

Postby Number7 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Enderlin is the best hands down, John Randall is also a great place to play but not necessarily class B.  And about Mayville's grass baselines: I think grass baselines are the worst idea ever, they take away from the game and make the field look wierd and out of place. NO GRASS BASELINES ANYWHERE! Just my take. What does everyone else think?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:51 pm

Number7 wrote:Enderlin is the best hands down, John Randall is also a great place to play but not necessarily class B.  And about Mayville's grass baselines: I think grass baselines are the worst idea ever, they take away from the game and make the field look wierd and out of place. NO GRASS BASELINES ANYWHERE! Just my take. What does everyone else think?
Enderlin does have a nice field.
baseball1981

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:13 am

The class b tourney used to be held in Harvey for many years It's ok but the outfield is odd because of the football field.

Nearly all of the fields mentioned are dual purpose football/ baseball. Such as Lisbon, Harvey, Enderlin, all are nice fields but they are pretty hard and chewed up for spring high school baseball.

Ellendale, Lamoure, and Oakes also have nice fields but are also football fields.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tigger » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:36 am

Number7 wrote:Enderlin is the best hands down, John Randall is also a great place to play but not necessarily class B.  And about Mayville's grass baselines: I think grass baselines are the worst idea ever, they take away from the game and make the field look wierd and out of place. NO GRASS BASELINES ANYWHERE! Just my take. What does everyone else think?

AMEN BROTHER!!!  I hear it's really big in the south to grass in your baselines and make the field look stupid.  They were supposedly put in to save time on field maintainence, but you can't tell me that reseeding, watering, mowing, and painting is faster than a quick rake and chalk job.  The only time that the "grassed-in" look seems natural is when a field is turfed like the Metrodome and the rest of the infield is pretty much all turf too.  Maybe someone should forward that idea to Mayville.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class B