Best field

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:17 am

Tigger wrote:
Number7 wrote:Enderlin is the best hands down, John Randall is also a great place to play but not necessarily class B.  And about Mayville's grass baselines: I think grass baselines are the worst idea ever, they take away from the game and make the field look wierd and out of place. NO GRASS BASELINES ANYWHERE! Just my take. What does everyone else think?

AMEN BROTHER!!!  I hear it's really big in the south to grass in your baselines and make the field look stupid.  They were supposedly put in to save time on field maintainence, but you can't tell me that reseeding, watering, mowing, and painting is faster than a quick rake and chalk job.  The only time that the "grassed-in" look seems natural is when a field is turfed like the Metrodome and the rest of the infield is pretty much all turf too.  Maybe someone should forward that idea to Mayville.
THANK YOU! I agree unless the whole infield is grass or turf no grass baselines. I know the Tharaldson complex in Fargo did that to a few of their fields last summer, and it is an idiotic decision. Dirt baselines look so much better and are worth the 5-10 minutes it takes to prepare them.  I know that St. Thomas University in St. Paul has an outdoor field that has an infield with natural looking turf and it doesnt look to bad with all of the green there.  However, grass infield-dirt baselines.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class B