All-School Team

Postby tadam6 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:05 pm

putupnumbers wrote:Ok first off, Matt ford and mitch ford don't even come close to that list. Matt Ford played 2 years and maybe had a .300 batting average. Mitch Ford had a good freshmen year but when he needed to step up as a sophomore he choked. If I am not mistaking tim Oksendahl had excellent numbers all through his career. He batted .315 as a freshmen, .375 as a sophomore, .425 as a junior, and .295 as a senior. He had a poor senior year mainly because of his rotator cuff surgery to his throwing arm only 4 months prior to baseball and was not fully healed. I can't believe you question this kids arm strength, thats a joke. He has one of the strongest arms around.

he throws a football well...not a baseball
tadam6

Postby putupnumbers » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:11 am

tadam6 wrote:
putupnumbers wrote:Ok first off, Matt ford and mitch ford don't even come close to that list. Matt Ford played 2 years and maybe had a .300 batting average. Mitch Ford had a good freshmen year but when he needed to step up as a sophomore he choked. If I am not mistaking tim Oksendahl had excellent numbers all through his career. He batted .315 as a freshmen, .375 as a sophomore, .425 as a junior, and .295 as a senior. He had a poor senior year mainly because of his rotator cuff surgery to his throwing arm only 4 months prior to baseball and was not fully healed. I can't believe you question this kids arm strength, thats a joke. He has one of the strongest arms around.

he throws a football well...not a baseball

yea and that is based off of a season where he had a arm that was not even close to being ready, i don't know if you know anything about a rotator cuff but it is kind of important to throwing.
putupnumbers

Postby bisonman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:59 am

baseball wrote:
Boyyo27 wrote:Midkota

Tyler Edlund

Gavin Black

Chad Christianson

Bryan Christianson

Jordan Grover

Alex Guler

Tim Ronningen

what about Adam Wieland?

What about him?
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dizza30 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:58 pm

adam wieland is easily up there as one of the best...also lester wright....and jeremy brandt
Last edited by Dizza30 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsense » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:23 am

Josh Schafer are you kidding? 
sportsense
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball1niner » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:21 am

sportsense wrote:Josh Schafer are you kidding? 

he hit over .400 his last 2 years of high school. and had an absolute gun
bball1niner

Postby web17 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:43 am

bball1niner wrote:
sportsense wrote:Josh Schafer are you kidding? 

he hit over .400 his last 2 years of high school. and had an absolute gun

yah, the dude could hit. yah, he had a gun.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:54 am

10-4 on the gun
tadam6

Postby The Schwab » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:58 am

you wouldnt happen to be tim oksendahl would you? if your not then you must have an obsession with him, cause i'm pretty impressed that you know his batting averages from each year...
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:33 pm

From what I saw of Mitch Ford from his Freshmen year I was very impressed how he played.  The thing is he got to see a lot of good pitches because Cavalier had a pretty good lineup that year for hitters and I don't think many of the opposing teams thought they had to worry about a freshmen at the time.  I think people had too high of expectations for Mitch his sophomore year, he still had a good year but it didn't seem as impressive as the year before because not many expected him to play at the level he did as a Freshmen.  Cavalier wasn't that bad last year where they had to rely on a sophomore to come through for them and if he coudln't get it done once in a while no one else could step up were they?  I kind of agree with Schwab on this one that if this isn't Timmy himself then you are either Tony  "Stat Boy" Reali or an obsessed fan.  "putupnumbers" you are making it sound like Matt and Mitch Ford don't even deserve to be mentioned as Cavalier athletes in that little rant you made.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:00 am

bisonman wrote:
baseball wrote:
Boyyo27 wrote:Midkota

Tyler Edlund

Gavin Black

Chad Christianson

Bryan Christianson

Jordan Grover

Alex Guler

Tim Ronningen

what about Adam Wieland?

Wieland should definently be on the list
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class B