2007 legion section predictions

Postby baseball007 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:12 am

knights4 wrote:We will lose a lot of good players like Torre Tagastad, Ben Olson, Jerry Jonasson, Seth Mathison, but Tommy is back and Joel Thomson, and i've heard rumors that Curt Enger, and Narloch are gunna play with us this year. There were about three of us that hit over 700. in the tounament, i don't think anyone had less than 3 hits when we played Munich. When we played Langdon in the second round we lost 3-2, they just had more pitching when it got to the championship, but they're gone so i think we have a pretty good chance.  

pr will be trash this year and derik lietz will throw grafton, m-m, and langdon bp all summer long.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:47 pm

horne98 wrote:Derek Neset and Scott Workin may be coming be back. Josh Derby is a heck of a player, ryan mehus isn't bad, and dillon ostrom is a decent outfielder as well as vince kubisticha and if ihry plays legion this team will be tough.

Neset was average in the field, and an average batter. He threw pretty hard, but didn't have any great number 2 pitches when he pitched. And he wasn't all that accurate either. I was going in to all of our games expecting Workin to be a stand out when we played them. He went 0 for 6 with 3 strike outs in first games of double headers last year against us, if I am not mistaken. (We played few starters in the second games.) He had one pitching appearence against us and he had a control problem. He had a pretty good glove at second though. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't it Shawn Derby? He was an alright player. Definately not a slouch in the field or at the plate. Mehus had an average glove at 3rd. Ostrom was decent in the field, and one of their top batters.

They have specks of talent all over a 9 person line-up. What did they finish in the section last year? They are going to need alot more than Neset and Workin coming back, and a good babe ruth team. The best players on that babe ruth team already played on their legion team. So they really have no one up and coming from that babe ruth team. They are going to have pretty close to the same team as last year, (Not one hundred percent on this, but I believe Shawn Elsner won't be coming back to catch.) with a little, *little* more experience. Not losing anyone doesn't make them better, especially when alot of what is making the thought of them being good is coming from the thought of their babe ruth state championship. Not losing anyone makes that babe ruth team not have any spots to fill, with the exception of those players who played for their legion last year.

And for tigger, they picked up Spencer Huus from Hatton for the tournament, that was the only one.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby knights4 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:58 pm

baseball007 wrote:
knights4 wrote:We will lose a lot of good players like Torre Tagastad, Ben Olson, Jerry Jonasson, Seth Mathison, but Tommy is back and Joel Thomson, and i've heard rumors that Curt Enger, and Narloch are gunna play with us this year. There were about three of us that hit over 700. in the tounament, i don't think anyone had less than 3 hits when we played Munich. When we played Langdon in the second round we lost 3-2, they just had more pitching when it got to the championship, but they're gone so i think we have a pretty good chance.  

pr will be trash this year and derik lietz will throw grafton, m-m, and langdon bp all summer long.

hahaha, your right about the bp, hopefully they'll be out in front of my fastball/changup. Who are you?
Last edited by knights4 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball007 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:32 pm

everyone is ahead of your fastball lietz it takes 5 days to get to the plate.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:04 pm

baseball007 wrote:everyone is ahead of your fastball lietz it takes 5 days to get to the plate.

is that necessary, so the kid dosent throw 85 mph, you dont have to throw hard to be effective, i hope the kid beats your team now just so you lost to a pitcher who takes 5 days to throw his fastball
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:44 am

I think James Ihry could be the suprise this season. He is an excellent hitter. This kid can hit for power and he is an excellent infielder. Pitching is the problem. Neset throws hard, Derby is loopy, Thorson has a good arm, Shawn Reimers did well in Babe Ruth as did bobert Kainz, and Scotty Workin has really good stuff but lacks control.
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:50 am

One good hitter doesn't make a good line-up. You aren't going to win many games with one guy going 2 for 3 with a solo shot every game if the rest of the team doesn't produce. In legion baseball, it is not that hard to outscore that. You explained their lack of pitching, but you also should concider their lack of hitting. And the babe ruth pitchers you mentioned did good against BABE RUTH batters. I saw Reimers and Kainz pitch last year in babe ruth, they did good for babe ruth, but legion teams would have a hay day with their pitching. The only thing they do really well is field. Oh, and is it Josh Derby or Shawn Derby that is loopy?
thunderbaseball_38

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:54 am

cash wrote:
baseball007 wrote:everyone is ahead of your fastball lietz it takes 5 days to get to the plate.

is that necessary, so the kid dosent throw 85 mph, you dont have to throw hard to be effective, i hope the kid beats your team now just so you lost to a pitcher who takes 5 days to throw his fastball

agreed. You don't need to throw hard to be good. Alot of pitchers around the state have shown they got good stuff when they don't even hit 80 the whole year. you don't have to throw hard to be affective.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:45 am

Hope-Finley's Legion team will be alot better this year for the simple fact that they were a really young team last year....they return alot of people to their team.....and you should know that they are going to get better because Mark Frost is a heck of a baseball coach....if scott and derek come back that will only help them....I would say Derek more than Scott, because Derek is playing college at Northland so all of that work that he's putting in should pay off....so dont write them off too quickly this time.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:55 am

They will be one of the best hitting teams in the league. Shawn Derby is a really good all around hitter and a very good lead off batter. John Thorson is an extremely good singles hitter. Derek Neset is a nice hitter, as is ostrom. Ihry is a very good hitter, and mehus is a solid singles hitter. Bobert Kainz has a nice bat as well. Buffy Parkman is another kid to watch out for. He may be short but this kid is tough. Mark Frost will have them ready to go. Honestly of the teams i would not want to face hope-page would be at the top of my list. They will battle with fargo, hatton, and ch-hillsboro for the second spot.
PA42

Postby knights4 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 am

That's why I said fastball/changeup it's the same pitch;), but If I remember right I was the only person in our region to beat Langdon in high school:P, and threw two no hitters last year in spite of my 5 day fastball. I rather face a guy who can only throw an 85mph fastball than a guy who is good at change speeds, even if it is slow and slower.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball007 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:11 am

knights4 wrote:

That's why I said fastball/changeup it's the same pitch;), but If I remember right I was the only person in our region to beat Langdon in high school:P, and threw two no hitters last year in spite of my 5 day fastball. I rather face a guy who can only throw an 85mph fastball than a guy who is good at change speeds, even if it is slow and slower.

you weren't even all region on a 4th place team in region 4 last year.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:28 pm

baseball007 wrote:
knights4 wrote:

i could name a handful of great players that didnt make allregion last year, thats a stupid award, nothin like how good they do in basketball
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:31 pm

baseball007 wrote:
knights4 wrote:

If all region wasnt picked by the coaches and they just went by stats i would have been easily all region it just happened that my coach had his favorites. But I'm talking about legion where I might not be the #1 or #2 starter depending on who plays. What's with all the shots at me I'm not even one of the best players on our legion team, unless your A.K or Tanner Adam I don't think you can judge. 
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shsbaseballss » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:28 pm

SCC wrote:
Tigger wrote:If Thompson gets back the players that they should, they will not only be the best team in their section but in the whole state, and it probably won't even be close.  I believe they were going to lose Scott Schumacher, Caleb Schumacher, and possibly Nick Dunham and return several who were going to be playing college ball.  That said, there will be a lot of good teams in that section which will probably be the toughest in the state.  The Bombers were probably a top three team in the state last year, but they will lose a bunch a guys to Post 2.  I'm unsure of what they'll be getting back but they have the biggest pool of players to draw from.  Hillsboro-CV and Hatton will be good clubs.  H-CV has a Babe Ruth title from a few years ago are still waiting to cash in on that talent on the Legion level.  Hatton has a good core of young players and a very good coach (Chad Omdahl).  MayPort and Gardner both were okay teams last year with a couple of studs.  MayPort lost both Dave Fyre and Rakowski, but I think Gardner might retain their best guys.  I see MayPort, Gardner, Cassleton, and Larimore (if they field a team) being the only teams that probably don't have the firepower to crack the top four in the section.  I like Hope-Finley as a darkhorse team in this section for a few reasons.  Their Babe Ruth won the 2006 title and placed 2nd in 2005.  They get back Derek Neset to help the pitching staff.  Mark Frost is probably the best Legion coach in the area (Omdahl would be in the discussion) and has the flags to prove it.  I'm not saying that they can win the section this year, but Coach Frost might want to price out some flagpoles for the coming years.  If Thompson take the tournaments seriously this year (I belive that their arrogance has cost them some titles), they should be the favorite, but there are 4 or 5 teams that could make a serious run at the section/state title.

I agree with your synopsis.
I agree also....i played on the bomber team last year...they will lose allot of guys to post 2 because of alot of players quiting.....but more than half that team is eligable to come back but most likely they wont....bombers will have a new crop role in but i think last years team was really good....Lee as a lead off hitter pretty much carried the team with flacksbarth on the offense of side ....the defense was ok....and they should put out another potential team with how many numbers they get each year...Thomson will be good with alot of players coming back if they come back...with the other teams...i think not so strong but they will put up a good fight....i think section 3 is all thompsons this year
shsbaseballss
NDPreps Rookie

Postby tadam6 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:29 pm

dont bring me into this leitz ya crazy mother....jeez...
tadam6

Postby knights4 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:04 pm

tadam6 wrote:dont bring me into this leitz ya crazy mother....jeez...

haha:D sorry man
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball1niner » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:23 am

and when you win like 12-10..i wouldn't be bragging about the pitching in that game
bball1niner

Postby knights4 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:56 am

bball1niner wrote:and when you win like 12-10..i wouldn't be bragging about the pitching in that game

I think the score was like 5-3 or 5-4, i think that you're thinking the game before that we lost, when tanner hit a grand slam and another homerun and bennet hit a couple for us. but i know we were five   
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball1niner » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:41 am

yeah you are probably right...that was one cold, crazy day...haha and then thats right you got drilled with a line drive to end it..and you caught it...that would of been huge if that would of got through..maybe started a rally
bball1niner

Postby knights4 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:25 pm

ya there were runners on first and second, but i'm not sure if it was worth it or not, that flipin hurt i didnt get any leather on it at all:(, i got lucky that it got rapped up in my jersey, and then the next day we played minto and the bases were loaded in the bottom of the last inning and i got smoked in the face to win the game, probably two of the crapiest endings in sports history.
Last edited by knights4 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 pm

grafton is gonna be tough w/ all they return..
tadam6

Postby knights4 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:04 pm

tadam6 wrote:grafton is gonna be tough w/ all they return..

Ya they only lose kaste dont they
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Boyyo27 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Tanner Adams, and langdon are going to be tuff
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Boyyo27 wrote:Tanner Adams, and langdon are going to be tuff

this may be a first..but alex chaput is going to shut down teams...you may not have heard of him..but he had 2 no hitters last year
bball1niner

PreviousNext

Return to Class B