2007 legion section predictions

Postby Dizza30 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Boyyo27 wrote:
rep wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
rep wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
rep wrote:can't remember if someone mentioned it before, where are the midkota players going for the legion season? are they hooking up with the dakota prairie crew?
ive heard hope page....and dakota prairie, and even some are playing with carrington, christiansen said some are playing with carrington, so thats why i think they'll be tough if they can get 9 players to show up for games

is rick going to coach with one of those teams too?
i dont think so...kind of weird to hear, probably one of the best coaches in the state and he wont be coaching

that is really too bad. i might be out at the legion game on sunday in jamestown, i might have to try and badger ron into popping for his gas money or something and he can come coach either of jamestown's teams. i think post 14's coach is back this year, robbie jamison if i remember right, but i don't know if kyle anderson will be coaching the blues or not.

summer isn't summer without rick coaching.
true

he is teaching driver ed up in langdon this summer.....
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:56 am

West Fargo Aces beat Galchutt Mon. night in their season opener 12-6, the Aces had 17 hits off of Galchutt's top 2 pitchers and Galchutt had around 5-6 hits.  Both teams need to sure up the D and even though its still early, this game could signal a change at the top.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball11 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:56 am

Dizza30 wrote:   he is teaching driver ed up in langdon this summer.....

He was coaching 1st base in the Carrington game on Monday, but I don't think drivers ed starts up here for a week or two.
baseball11

Postby Dizza30 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:35 pm

baseball11 wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:   he is teaching driver ed up in langdon this summer.....

He was coaching 1st base in the Carrington game on Monday, but I don't think drivers ed starts up here for a week or two.

yah i dont think it starts til next monday...
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:36 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
kellygreenwonders wrote:i think it is only fair to bring this topic back into discussion after the state tourny and with the high school season ending. does anybody have any seconds thoughts as to who will contend for district/state titles?

yeah thats a good idea....i would have to predict thompson as a favorite with the likes of matt greek and dave swatlowski returning
Thompson also returns Zach Kvidt after redshirting at UND.  They are going to be very good.  They will win the section and win the state and will win a couple of games at the Regional in Beulah.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:41 pm

cubsfan wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:
kellygreenwonders wrote:i think it is only fair to bring this topic back into discussion after the state tourny and with the high school season ending. does anybody have any seconds thoughts as to who will contend for district/state titles?

yeah thats a good idea....i would have to predict thompson as a favorite with the likes of matt greek and dave swatlowski returning
Thompson also returns Zach Kvidt after redshirting at UND.  They are going to be very good.  They will win the section and win the state and will win a couple of games at the Regional in Beulah.
that is a bold statement cubsfan.........but i think it is true.
PA42

Postby baseball11 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:16 am

They had all those guys last year too and didnt get it done, but we'll see.
baseball11

Postby kellygreenwonders » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:01 am

yea that is a pretty bold statement with virtually the same players as last year, i dont get what you are basing your predictions on.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:15 am

kellygreenwonders wrote:yea that is a pretty bold statement with virtually the same players as last year, i dont get what you are basing your predictions on.

I'm basing on the fact that Thompson choked last year at state and have pretty much the same roster.  They had the best team at the tournament last year, but they didn't play up to the level that they had in their section.      
PA42

Postby baseball » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:32 am

did anyone watch the Washburn - Dickinson game in bismarck yesterday.  i only saw the box score and it was Washburn 23, Dickinson 12.......bad pitching, good hitting? what was the deal?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball1niner » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:10 pm

horne98 wrote:
kellygreenwonders wrote:yea that is a pretty bold statement with virtually the same players as last year, i dont get what you are basing your predictions on.

I'm basing on the fact that Thompson choked last year at state and have pretty much the same roster.  They had the best team at the tournament last year, but they didn't play up to the level that they had in their section.      

thompson didnt exactly choke....when they played rollette last year they might have...but when they played langdon they simply got beat
bball1niner

Postby kellygreenwonders » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:24 pm

hmmm... its hard to say, idk if i could really count thompson as a favorite if they would have won, thompson would have seen grover a second time in their second game had they won. the first time they saw him wasnt to pretty either.. i do agree that our first game was a bit of a fluke, but the langdon game however was a very well fought game, that could have went either way
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball11 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:39 pm

scc wrote:Uncharacteristically, Thompson just couldn't get hits against Langdon and lost 3-2.  Had they won their first round game against Rolette, Thompson would have been the favorite to take it all.  That's why they play the games.

Tanner Adam threw a gem that game.  One of the best I've ever seen him throw.  Might've been one of the reasons Thompson couldn't get their hits.

Tyler Kjehmus threw a heckuva game that day also to keep a potent Langdon offense pretty quiet.
baseball11

Postby baseball » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:55 pm

kellygreenwonders wrote:hmmm... its hard to say, idk if i could really count thompson as a favorite if they would have won, thompson would have seen grover a second time in their second game had they won. the first time they saw him wasnt to pretty either.. i do agree that our first game was a bit of a fluke, but the langdon game however was a very well fought game, that could have went either way

ive said it all along and still stick by it....Grover was a good pitcher but not as good as everyone makes him out to be after the Thompson game...its not like that was their only loss that year
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:41 pm

kellygreenwonders wrote:hmmm... its hard to say, idk if i could really count thompson as a favorite if they would have won, thompson would have seen grover a second time in their second game had they won. the first time they saw him wasnt to pretty either.. i do agree that our first game was a bit of a fluke, but the langdon game however was a very well fought game, that could have went either way
honestly thompson had the most talented team at state. i would not call the rollette game a fluke. They pitched their ace and he pitched a heck of a game. THompson pitched their fourth top pitcher and didn't too great.I agree with you about langdon. Great game but still i think thompson was the most talented team. I am not dissing thompson at all i am just saying it is sort of risky to say thompson will win state when they lose a player who contributed as much as scotty schu did and they did not win state the year before when they had more talent. I think thompson will win state. I don't think they will wait to throw their best pitcher this time around.
PA42

Postby Ace_07 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:42 pm

baseball wrote:did anyone watch the Washburn - Dickinson game in bismarck yesterday.  i only saw the box score and it was Washburn 23, Dickinson 12.......bad pitching, good hitting? what was the deal?

ya...it was pretty much batting practice pitching on both sides...good day at the ball park for both teams...hitting wise...washburn just got more seeing eye ground balls and little bloopers into the outfield...it wasnt like triples and doubles flyin everywhere
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:30 am

rep wrote:can't remember if someone mentioned it before, where are the midkota players going for the legion season? are they hooking up with the dakota prairie crew.
According to Hope-Page/finley's coach Mark Frost they are going to get a couple kids from that area. The one i know for sure is josh quick, he started at third base for them last week. He could give them some help with his bat.
PA42

Previous

Return to Class B