2007 legion section predictions

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:58 pm

Bealuh will be tough with hausauer pitchin
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ace_07 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:41 pm

Mauer07 wrote:Bealuh will be tough with hausauer pitchin

Beulah returns Haugstadt from college and Bauman from college who pitched for Northern State all year...thats 3 pitchers who did really well last year..and two of witch played all spring....dont think haugstadt played any form of organized baseball in college....but with Hausauer and Bauman both getting work in...they should both have improved and be really tough this summer.....as far as other teams in Section 8 go..Washburn loses Eberle who was their #2 starter next to Misack?(not sure on the spelling)...so they lost pitching..other than that i think they get everyone back....Dickinson...you never know how Dickinson is gonna do becuase they never use the same people until their rosters have to be set.....my predictions for Section 8 is gonna be Beulah and Washburn in the Championship game again..but i think Beulahs gonna edge Washburn out this year....what does everyone else think?
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:40 am

gophers18 wrote:Fairmount i believe has one of the stiles players back.  They lost some big guns and
will be weak in spots unless they pick up players from somewhere.  Never know though how they will do.  Kindred should have everyone back from last year and they really improved by tourney time last year. I still see them as a threat. Galchutt loses erbes, robertsdahl, griffith and breuer.  They have everyone else back.  They should be very sound defensively and their hitting should still be a threat. Enderlin lost some big players in Midthun and Fraase and I think a couple of others.  They are always a tough team to beat so they too will be a threat.  West Fargo I don't know much about but too should do well.   Wyndmere, Lidgerwood, Great Bend, Wahpeton will struggle .  Hankinson also lost alot of players so will be towards the botom unless their younger players step up.

West Fargo's JV team had a great year and looke really solid after losing the EDC championship game 2-0 to GFRR and they should have solid hitting, defense, and a few of their top 4 varsity pitchers might play down due to guys coming back which would give them an unbelievable rotation.  Here's my prediction for Section 1:

1. West Fargo (Especially if those players return)

2. Galchutt

3. Enderlin

4. Kindred

5. Fairmount

6. Hankinson

7. Wahpeton

8. Wyndmere

9. Lidgerwood

10. Great Bend

"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jrod26 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:07 am

bball1niner wrote:
Boyyo27 wrote:Tanner Adams, and langdon are going to be tuff

this may be a first..but alex chaput is going to shut down teams...you may not have heard of him..but he had 2 no hitters last year

who'd chaput throw no-no's against?
The harder its comin the farther its goin.
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Sat May 26, 2007 11:15 am

a williston team last summer....north border....and 1 hit grafton when they beat langdon 1-0 with a squeeze
tadam6

Postby Jrod26 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:24 pm

tadam6 wrote:a williston team last summer....north border....and 1 hit grafton when they beat langdon 1-0 with a squeeze

holy sweet. he never seemed anything special when he pitched us. tell him good work
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jrod26 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:10 pm

TA are you guys gonna have tanner carpenter this year again?   cuz you guys are gonna be pretty tough again. dont you only lose schaefer and contrarias? well i mean those are 2 BIG loses, but still you guys are gonna be good.     we got everyone back except bryce and i think we picked up mark henke from cando soo we might not to be bad. idk who everyone else lost or picked up cause i heard park river and grafton picked up some guys.  anybody know anything about this???
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:59 pm

i think the minot metroes and burlington bulldogs have to be looked at as the favorites to win their section. minot has a lot of talent and burlington has some college kids returning. it will be interesting to see surrey and velva though. they could be tough.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sat May 26, 2007 7:16 pm

What does section 8 look like ?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:02 pm

Number7 wrote:
gophers18 wrote:Fairmount i believe has one of the stiles players back.  They lost some big guns and
will be weak in spots unless they pick up players from somewhere.  Never know though how they will do.  Kindred should have everyone back from last year and they really improved by tourney time last year. I still see them as a threat. Galchutt loses erbes, robertsdahl, griffith and breuer.  They have everyone else back.  They should be very sound defensively and their hitting should still be a threat. Enderlin lost some big players in Midthun and Fraase and I think a couple of others.  They are always a tough team to beat so they too will be a threat.  West Fargo I don't know much about but too should do well.   Wyndmere, Lidgerwood, Great Bend, Wahpeton will struggle .  Hankinson also lost alot of players so will be towards the botom unless their younger players step up.

West Fargo's JV team had a great year and looke really solid after losing the EDC championship game 2-0 to GFRR and they should have solid hitting, defense, and a few of their top 4 varsity pitchers might play down due to guys coming back which would give them an unbelievable rotation.  Here's my prediction for Section 1:

1. West Fargo (Especially if those players return)

2. Galchutt

3. Enderlin

4. Kindred

5. Fairmount

6. Hankinson

7. Wahpeton

8. Wyndmere

9. Lidgerwood

10. Great Bend

The West Fargo Aces squad recently acquired 3 varsity players who all started.  The team's #4 and #5 hitters dropped down along with one of the varsity's top 4 pitchers.  with these players coming down the Aces team acquires two big bats and a solid arm to bolster an already solid line-up and rotation. Watch out Section 1!
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby kellygreenwonders » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:45 am

i think it is only fair to bring this topic back into discussion after the state tourny and with the high school season ending. does anybody have any seconds thoughts as to who will contend for district/state titles?
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:54 am

kellygreenwonders wrote:i think it is only fair to bring this topic back into discussion after the state tourny and with the high school season ending. does anybody have any seconds thoughts as to who will contend for district/state titles?

yeah thats a good idea....i would have to predict thompson as a favorite with the likes of matt greek and dave swatlowski returning
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:38 am

the usual teams will be good, thompson, steele, velva, minot, grafton, langdon, lamoure, what about munich, do they have a summer team? that is my top 8 teams, but im probably forgetting some
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:07 am

baseball1981 wrote:the usual teams will be good, thompson, steele, velva, minot, grafton, langdon, lamoure, what about munich, do they have a summer team? that is my top 8 teams, but im probably forgetting some

i think steele is going to have a rough summer.....probably struggle to get a team together every game, napoleon has a team so they lose 2 starters (McKleary and Gross) and nick lang is working in Minot with his uncle ive heard
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:14 am

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:the usual teams will be good, thompson, steele, velva, minot, grafton, langdon, lamoure, what about munich, do they have a summer team? that is my top 8 teams, but im probably forgetting some

i think steele is going to have a rough summer.....probably struggle to get a team together every game, napoleon has a team so they lose 2 starters (McKleary and Gross) and nick lang is working in Minot with his uncle ive heard
they had that problem last year and still took 2nd in the section, dont worry sir, they will be a frontrunner to get into state in that section with cooperstown not having a team
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:25 am

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball wrote:

they had that problem last year and still took 2nd in the section, dont worry sir, they will be a frontrunner to get into state in that section with cooperstown not having a team

3 starters not playing, 2 still in babe ruth, that leaves 4 spots open?  Bakkum, Hetletved, Six, Martin, J Lang, conrad Nelson, and the 2 stroh boys from Tappen who havent played baseball in over 5 years.  thats still only 8 kids so if babe ruth has a game the same day.

The reason they were competative last year was that they had 6-8 kids who could hit a home run, this year they have 1 (Bakkum).  metal bats will help them but they are not nearly the hitting team they have had the past years, and also have a lack of pitching with Martin and Hetledved being the 2 and 3 it wont be the strong point of the team.  Randall wont pitch since he will pitch babe ruth.

what about Harvey's 11 seniors, are they all playing legion?  i know they usually have enough for 2 teams and use the league game with the studs and the 2nd game as a JV game. a sleeper team would be the Jamestown Blues.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:29 am

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
baseball wrote:

3 starters not playing, 2 still in babe ruth, that leaves 4 spots open?  Bakkum, Hetletved, Six, Martin, J Lang, conrad Nelson, and the 2 stroh boys from Tappen who havent played baseball in over 5 years.  thats still only 8 kids so if babe ruth has a game the same day.

The reason they were competative last year was that they had 6-8 kids who could hit a home run, this year they have 1 (Bakkum).  metal bats will help them but they are not nearly the hitting team they have had the past years, and also have a lack of pitching with Martin and Hetledved being the 2 and 3 it wont be the strong point of the team.  Randall wont pitch since he will pitch babe ruth.

what about Harvey's 11 seniors, are they all playing legion?  i know they usually have enough for 2 teams and use the league game with the studs and the 2nd game as a JV game. a sleeper team would be the Jamestown Blues.
harvey's whole hs team is basically playing legion, all 10 players who started are, and they get frantz back, but look how they did at state in hs, i still think steele will be a good team even though they may not have a sub for games...i dont think jamestown will have the pitching to do much, new rockford is still young, carrington gets bata back who is going to be good after one season of college, and napoleon has not had a team in like 5 years, so who knows who will win it, my guess is still steele, they will find a way to win
baseball1981

Postby rep » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:32 am

can't remember if someone mentioned it before, where are the midkota players going for the legion season? are they hooking up with the dakota prairie crew?
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:35 am

rep wrote:can't remember if someone mentioned it before, where are the midkota players going for the legion season? are they hooking up with the dakota prairie crew?
ive heard hope page....and dakota prairie, and even some are playing with carrington, christiansen said some are playing with carrington, so thats why i think they'll be tough if they can get 9 players to show up for games
baseball1981

Postby rep » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:37 am

baseball1981 wrote:
rep wrote:can't remember if someone mentioned it before, where are the midkota players going for the legion season? are they hooking up with the dakota prairie crew?
ive heard hope page....and dakota prairie, and even some are playing with carrington, christiansen said some are playing with carrington, so thats why i think they'll be tough if they can get 9 players to show up for games

is rick going to coach with one of those teams too?
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:38 am

rep wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

i dont think so...kind of weird to hear, probably one of the best coaches in the state and he wont be coaching
baseball1981

Postby rep » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:45 am

baseball1981 wrote:
rep wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

i dont think so...kind of weird to hear, probably one of the best coaches in the state and he wont be coaching

that is really too bad. i might be out at the legion game on sunday in jamestown, i might have to try and badger ron into popping for his gas money or something and he can come coach either of jamestown's teams. i think post 14's coach is back this year, robbie jamison if i remember right, but i don't know if kyle anderson will be coaching the blues or not.

summer isn't summer without rick coaching.
rep

Postby bball4life2010 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:13 pm

Surrey and Minot should be looking good this year!!
~it's a bishop ryan thing~
Bishop Ryan Lions Boys Basketball Team*clap*
bball4life2010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ricky bobby » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:04 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

Sheldon Harding and Bryan Christianson are playing for Carrrington, and Nic and Garrett Harding are playing for DP
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby Boyyo27 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:38 pm

rep wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
rep wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

that is really too bad. i might be out at the legion game on sunday in jamestown, i might have to try and badger ron into popping for his gas money or something and he can come coach either of jamestown's teams. i think post 14's coach is back this year, robbie jamison if i remember right, but i don't know if kyle anderson will be coaching the blues or not.

summer isn't summer without rick coaching.
true
Last edited by Boyyo27 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B