Postby NDhockey18 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Hagshs
Last edited by NDhockey18 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can catch flies with honey, but you catch more hunnies being fly.
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Bottineau Pitcher Quits Team

Postby lovwatchingsports » Sat May 21, 2016 3:30 pm

To bad he and his parents( more then likely ) put himself ahead of the team.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Sat May 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Didn't something similar happen with him in Enderlin last year?
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDhockey18 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:59 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:Didn't something similar happen with him in Enderlin last year?
yes and now I wonder if Colleges really want someone who has been known to put himself ahead of the team.
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Tue May 24, 2016 7:26 am

If Coach would have put ME in we would have won State!! :)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDhockey18 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 pm

madseason wrote:If Coach would have put ME in we would have won State!! :)

thats what i said for state hockey semis last year :)
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby YMCMB » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Heard that Adam Stenson was pitching for Enderlin the other day vs Oakes. If this is true I hope he can keep things together this summer and end the season/career the right way.
YMCMB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDhockey18 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:50 pm

YMCMB wrote:Heard that Adam Stenson was pitching for Enderlin the other day vs Oakes. If this is true I hope he can keep things together this summer and end the season/career the right way.

He skipped Graduation to go to Kansas City to workout for college coaches i saw on his Twitter.
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Wish him the best of luck but will need to have a thicker skin to stay on a college team. Don't know how he could be pitching for Enderlin though?
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDhockey18 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:31 am

There is no way he could he graduated from Bottineau that' is false
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Adam5stenson » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 pm

NDhockey18 wrote:There is no way he could he graduated from Bottineau that' is false

I am playing in enderlin. that is not a lie. i will be attending St. Cloud Tech in the fall. i did not quit due to playing time (i started every game and had no problem with any position i played.) i quit because the coaches offered me nothing as far as development in any way and they offered me nothing in the recruitment side of things and as a senior i made a decision that ended up being the best thing for me as a player.
Adam5stenson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDhockey18 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:04 am

good luck in your college career and forward man
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wan2bqb » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:15 am

Sources say Mr. Stenson was ejected from a legion game last night for an outburst. Does anyone know anymore on this? What are the legion rules on ejection and follow up play? Same as high school? Different?
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Adam5stenson wrote:
NDhockey18 wrote:There is no way he could he graduated from Bottineau that' is false

I am playing in enderlin. that is not a lie. i will be attending St. Cloud Tech in the fall. i did not quit due to playing time (i started every game and had no problem with any position i played.) i quit because the coaches offered me nothing as far as development in any way and they offered me nothing in the recruitment side of things and as a senior i made a decision that ended up being the best thing for me as a player.

Adam, I do not know you. You may be the nicest young man around. But, from the little I have read on here, I want to share some of my thoughts, right or wrong.

So... What you are saying is, it is about you. Be careful, that is not an attitude that will suit you very well in anything you do. Whether it is work, family, friends, or a team, people don't typically care to have "what about me" people around.

It is not a high school coaches job to assist any player in recruiting. They can and they often do. But, their (I'm struggling to come up with a word i like) word, honor, or good name is on the line when visiting with college coaches about a player. If a high school coach says good things about a player and a college coach takes his word on a player and offers a scholarship. Then comes to find out little John Doe isn't as talented as advertised or is a cancer on the team, after the coach said they were a good citizen, that all comes back on the high school coach. Coaching is a fraternity and they all talk. That high school coach didn't just ruin his word with one coach, but with many. What happens when he tries to help a player who is talented and does have great character? Will he be believed?

As far as coaches not offering you anything as far as "development in any way". We are talking about high school baseball in North Dakota. Our season is short and our weather stinks that time of year. When I think of developing a player in any sport I think of a long process, not a month and a half or so in a North Dakota Spring. I don't know your schools situation. But in typical Class B schools your baseball coach probably also coached some level of basketball, probably did football or volleyball in the fall and was responsible for a classroom 5 days a week and a family at home he needs to find time for as well.

If it is all about you, quit blaming others (coaches, teammates,umpires) and make yourself better. No excuses.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby wan2bqb » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 am

d_fense wrote:
Adam5stenson wrote:

Adam, I do not know you. You may be the nicest young man around. But, from the little I have read on here, I want to share some of my thoughts, right or wrong.

So... What you are saying is, it is about you. Be careful, that is not an attitude that will suit you very well in anything you do. Whether it is work, family, friends, or a team, people don't typically care to have "what about me" people around.

It is not a high school coaches job to assist any player in recruiting. They can and they often do. But, their (I'm struggling to come up with a word i like) word, honor, or good name is on the line when visiting with college coaches about a player. If a high school coach says good things about a player and a college coach takes his word on a player and offers a scholarship. Then comes to find out little John Doe isn't as talented as advertised or is a cancer on the team, after the coach said they were a good citizen, that all comes back on the high school coach. Coaching is a fraternity and they all talk. That high school coach didn't just ruin his word with one coach, but with many. What happens when he tries to help a player who is talented and does have great character? Will he be believed?

As far as coaches not offering you anything as far as "development in any way". We are talking about high school baseball in North Dakota. Our season is short and our weather stinks that time of year. When I think of developing a player in any sport I think of a long process, not a month and a half or so in a North Dakota Spring. I don't know your schools situation. But in typical Class B schools your baseball coach probably also coached some level of basketball, probably did football or volleyball in the fall and was responsible for a classroom 5 days a week and a family at home he needs to find time for as well.

If it is all about you, quit blaming others (coaches, teammates,umpires) and make yourself better. No excuses.

:shock: :roll: :o :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Couldn't have said it better myself.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Adam5stenson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:22 am

d_fense wrote:
Adam5stenson wrote:

whats done is done
Last edited by Adam5stenson on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam5stenson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Adam5stenson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:27 am

wan2bqb wrote:Sources say Mr. Stenson was ejected from a legion game last night for an outburst. Does anyone know anymore on this? What are the legion rules on ejection and follow up play? Same as high school? Different?

legion rules are different there is no suspension.
Adam5stenson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby wan2bqb » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:34 am

Adam5stenson wrote:
wan2bqb wrote:Sources say Mr. Stenson was ejected from a legion game last night for an outburst. Does anyone know anymore on this? What are the legion rules on ejection and follow up play? Same as high school? Different?

legion rules are different there is no suspension.

Well then lucky for you. Hope this is the last we are talking about this. Good luck this season and in your future.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class B