4. Hazen
5. Carrington
6. Hatton-Northwood
7. Velva-Drake
8. Enderlin-Maple Valley
9. Bishop Ryan
10. Lewis & Clark

Thoughts?

I'll add my thoughts once I get all the scores from some of these teams...

All the top teams seem to be there though...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2015 In Season Coaches Poll

Postby Pit Bull » Fri May 01, 2015 8:30 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
LILchump wrote:Saw this in the Bismarck Tribune:

1. Kindred-Richland
2. Grafton
3. Harvey-Wells Co.
4. Hazen
5. Carrington
6. Hatton-Northwood
7. Velva-Drake
8. Enderlin-Maple Valley
9. Bishop Ryan
10. Lewis & Clark

Thoughts?

I'll add my thoughts once I get all the scores from some of these teams...

All the top teams seem to be there though...

Hazen just lost two games in a row, Kidder County and Shiloh. I have seen Kindred-Richland, Grafton and Velva-Drake and all of those teams were very similar. Will see Harvey-Wells Co. (who I believe lost to Kidder County) and Bishop Ryan today. They will play in a triangular with Shiloh. I have no insight on the other four teams, but from what I have seen the top teams are equal. It will boil down to pitching depth and whichever teams makes the fewest mistakes. Region 8 has four teams that could make it to State with no real favorite, and all four teams could beat any of the teams on this list. Whichever team gets hot at the right time will be there at the end of the season. I don't see a clear cut favorite from any of the top teams, and IMO State will be up for grabs.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Sat May 02, 2015 5:25 am

Harvey beat Shiloh and Bishop Ryan last on 10 run shut outs in 5. They were hitting the ball very well last night with good pitching and solid defense. One of the better teams I have seen all year. Hard to judge just how good cause Shiloh pitched there 2 young pitchers one of whom is an 8th grader.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat May 02, 2015 7:37 pm

Pit Bull wrote:Harvey beat Shiloh and Bishop Ryan last on 10 run shut outs in 5. They were hitting the ball very well last night with good pitching and solid defense. One of the better teams I have seen all year. Hard to judge just how good cause Shiloh pitched there 2 young pitchers one of whom is an 8th grader.

Won't win state. Grafton, Kindred, and Enderlin are the favorites in my opinion.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pit Bull » Sun May 03, 2015 10:55 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
Pit Bull wrote:Harvey beat Shiloh and Bishop Ryan last on 10 run shut outs in 5. They were hitting the ball very well last night with good pitching and solid defense. One of the better teams I have seen all year. Hard to judge just how good cause Shiloh pitched there 2 young pitchers one of whom is an 8th grader.

Won't win state. Grafton, Kindred, and Enderlin are the favorites in my opinion.

Can't argue with any if those 3 picks. I haven't seen Enderlin play this year, but the other two are solid teams. It's just way to hard to tell, and that is why I think it will be a competitive State no matter what top teams make it. Shiloh dominated Grafton the first six inning and Grafton won only after Shiloh pulled their starter in the seventh and then commited 4 errors in the last two innings. Shiloh also could have easily beat Kindred but errors cost them in that game to. The crazy thing is Shiloh might be the 4th seed in their Region. Unless Enderlin is lights out, it will be a toss up on who wins State.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class B