2014 Legion Sections

Re: 2014 Legion Sections

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 pm

letsrap wrote:Does Lisbon have a team this year? I don't see them listed.

No they don't have a team this year, which I think is ridiculous especially with how good their program was and for how big Lisbon is. I heard some were playing ball with Enderlin this year, not sure how many but I know there is a couple.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hook » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:34 pm

So if Rugby kids go to Rollette... will they have to go to class A next year? how about Lisbon and Enderlin? how about midway having multiple kids from grand forks central... do they have to go to double A?
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:13 pm

hook wrote:So if Rugby kids go to Rollette... will they have to go to class A next year? how about Lisbon and Enderlin? how about midway having multiple kids from grand forks central... do they have to go to double A?

It's a flawed system for sure. Midway-Minto has kids from Manvel on it, which those players go to Grand Forks Central. Harwood's players are mainly Northern Cass and West Fargo HS. Hatton has player who graduated from Grand Forks Red River. What I was told is that they go off of the previous seasons roster/enrollments. Now I don't know if that means they will add or switch teams from A and B. I know know if you go by enrollments that Harwood and Minto would definitely be AA not A, if they go off enrollments like they said.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:23 pm

The Minto kids from Grand Forks are from Manvel school district and have played with Midway+Minto in little league and Babe Ruth and this has been for many years. I don't see how this should change there classification. Its kind of unique that Manvel school district is only grades k-8 and then most go to Grand Forks to high school. I think that they should have had 8 teams in each of A sections instead of 6 teams.
I also think each of area's should start working on some communities get legion team established again. For instance I Can think of several communities that should have legion team like CAvalier/Wahalla, Rugby, Lisbon, and linton. Also there are others when we have high school teams it should be possible to have legion team.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:02 pm

I told all of you this whole thing was basically to accommodate Wahpeton. That is what I heard early spring. I do understand there are some very small class B legion teams out there that probably like this new classification some. Oh lets say teams like a Great Bend or a Minto. But when you look at the makeup of a legion team you have multiple towns playing for 1 team. Do you think when they re-classified they knew Enderlin would have players from Lisbon? I doubt it.

Should have just left it alone altogether. Would have been better off to just drop Wahpeton and Devils Lake down to class B than do all this changing. There's B teams out there better than both of those squads. That's my two cents, I'm done posting on this subject.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:43 am

B-oldtimer wrote:The Minto kids from Grand Forks are from Manvel school district and have played with Midway+Minto in little league and Babe Ruth and this has been for many years. I don't see how this should change there classification. Its kind of unique that Manvel school district is only grades k-8 and then most go to Grand Forks to high school. I think that they should have had 8 teams in each of A sections instead of 6 teams.
I also think each of area's should start working on some communities get legion team established again. For instance I Can think of several communities that should have legion team like CAvalier/Wahalla, Rugby, Lisbon, and linton. Also there are others when we have high school teams it should be possible to have legion team.

The reason Minto should be classified as A is because the rule says they go off of previous seasons roster. Manvel kids go to school in Grand Forks Central. It doesn't matter if it's unique or not. Look at Harvey, they picked up Rugby for one season and got stuck playing A. The fact is that not everyone is going to be happy and there is no right way or wrong. I do agree that they should of went to 8 teams in the west and 8 in east. I am sure teams like Carrington, Kindred, Enderlin-Lisbon, and Hazen are close to enrollments as some of the towns that are in class A.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND-is-#1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 pm

sportsphenom wrote:
letsrap wrote:Does Lisbon have a team this year? I don't see them listed.

No they don't have a team this year, which I think is ridiculous especially with how good their program was and for how big Lisbon is. I heard some were playing ball with Enderlin this year, not sure how many but I know there is a couple.

There is only one kid from Lisbon playing with Enderlin.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class B