2007 State Tourny

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:32 pm

Whos going to be at State this season?
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:56 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:Whos going to be at State this season?
tough to say, theres a lot of teams with the switch to wood bats...heres mine...thompson, steele, harvey, velva, bishop ryan, lamoure...im still a couple regions short
Last edited by cash on Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:52 am

I dont think Harvey will make it
tadam6

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 am

Either do I, they have a horrible coach.  I think Lakota, Dakota Prairie, and Midkota have just as good of chance as Harvey.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:24 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Either do I, they have a horrible coach.  I think Lakota, Dakota Prairie, and Midkota have just as good of chance as Harvey.
i dont know much about their coach, but i know they have a lot of really good players, including 13 seniors, now that isint saying their the best in the region, this does make them the most experienced..8 of those seniors have started at some point, and 3 or 4 underclassmen have also started...but what is wrong with their coach...what has he done to lose them games?...answer that...
Last edited by cash on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:17 pm

Well last year he pretty much ruined there chances of going to state by not having a solid catcher behind the plate in the regional championship.  He used Volk at catcher some and he used Roglestad at catcher some.  When it came down to the regional championship Lorenz was throwing his 80+ fast ball and Roglestad couldn't catch it at all.  I would say up to 15 past balls he let go by.  If he would have let Roglestad catch all year and get used to Lorenz throwing it might have been a different story.  Also there were younger players that could of started on there team but instead he played his son at 2nd base all year. He did a decent job, but when it came down to it again, I think he made atleast 6 errors in the regional champiosnship. Both of these factors led to loosing the first championship game, and then getting 10 run ruled in the second championship game.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:26 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Well last year he pretty much ruined there chances of going to state by not having a solid catcher behind the plate in the regional championship.  He used Volk at catcher some and he used Roglestad at catcher some.  When it came down to the regional championship Lorenz was throwing his 80+ fast ball and Roglestad couldn't catch it at all.  I would say up to 15 past balls he let go by.  If he would have let Roglestad catch all year and get used to Lorenz throwing it might have been a different story.  Also there were younger players that could of started on there team but instead he played his son at 2nd base all year. He did a decent job, but when it came down to it again, I think he made atleast 6 errors in the regional champiosnship. Both of these factors led to loosing the first championship game, and then getting 10 run ruled in the second championship game.
yeah, i think the second base issue will be fixed this year, i think the coaches son played pretty solid in the outfield in legion, and rogelstad, now with a full year under his belt, should be able to catch a lot better, and if he dosent, lorenz will jus have to throw perfect strikes..sometimes he can, sometimes hes a little off
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSUBison » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:20 pm

I've heard alot about this lorenz guy, but who is he? I heard he didn't do to well in the region tourney last year, but was a stud during the regular season.
NDSUBison

Postby bison_18 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:52 pm

He's got a big frame (6'8" or so), can throw high 80's. Needs to develop some better off-speed pitches to become a better pitcher. Overall he has the potential to be very good.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:47 pm

NDSUBison wrote:I've heard alot about this lorenz guy, but who is he? I heard he didn't do to well in the region tourney last year, but was a stud during the regular season.
one of the games i saw him pitch was against midkota in the region tourney, the 1st one, complete game, i dont believe midkota had an earned run, 11, 12 ks, 3 bbs, pretty solid, then he threw 2 days later against em and didnt do very good, tired arm...which is high school baseball
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSUBison » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:19 am

Sounds like he's a pretty big kid. Is he a good hitter and does he play defense well, or does he just pitch?
NDSUBison

Postby cash » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:28 pm

NDSUBison wrote:Sounds like he's a pretty big kid. Is he a good hitter and does he play defense well, or does he just pitch?
he is realllllly big, yah know on his hitting, hes really really really really really streaky, from what i've heard on his hitting is, he has the ability to go 4-4 on a day or 0-4 with 4 k's, i believe at the state legion tournament 2 years ago he went 6-6, and like 11-14 on the whole tournament, i think he focuses mainly on pitching because that's his most likely position for college above, but he's a baseball player, he could play any position
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:37 pm

With all do respect to Tanner, he couldn't play ANY position. He's not quick enough or fast enough really.
Last edited by bison_18 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:42 pm

bison_18 wrote:With all do respect to Tanner, he couldn't not play ANY position. He's not quick enough or fast enough really.
:D wasnt thinking of that, he isint very fast at all, kind of quick though..nothing extrodinary, but, pretty good for being 6'7 or 6'8 or whatever he is
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:08 pm

You could stick him at the corners, that's about it.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUBison » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:06 am

Sounds like the kids going to be pretty dominant this year. Kind of lucky i never got to face him.
NDSUBison

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 am

Lakota will be tough, and I mean tough, to beat, they have great athletes and good pitching and have a couple stud hitters.

I umped them in a Babe Ruth Tourney two years ago and I was impressed.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSUBison » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:05 am

Lakota won't be that good. I mean they've always had good teams in everything they do but they never win anything.
NDSUBison

Postby bball1niner » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:39 am

NDSUBison wrote:Lakota won't be that good. I mean they've always had good teams in everything they do but they never win anything.

you are right...if they were that good of athletes and baseball players, why didn't they do good last year or the year before, yeah they won the regular season in that region but it seems they just don't know HOW to win
bball1niner

Postby Big Hitter » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:55 am

bball1niner wrote:
NDSUBison wrote:Lakota won't be that good. I mean they've always had good teams in everything they do but they never win anything.

you are right...if they were that good of athletes and baseball players, why didn't they do good last year or the year before, yeah they won the regular season in that region but it seems they just don't know HOW to win
Yeah Lakota did only lose three regular season games last year. Plus Olderbak had mono and didn't play in the regional except for one at bat. Lance Johansen got thrown out of the first game for one of the worst call i have ever seen. So other than losing there top two pitchers for at least the first two games. Lakota also went 10 innings with the team thatwon the regional. Midkota, plus lakota beat them twice in the regular season. I would get ready to see lakota at state this year.
Big Hitter

Postby tadam6 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:09 pm

it kinda sounds like if you take olderbak out of the lineup then lakota is left out to dry...
tadam6

Postby cash » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:45 am

tadam6 wrote:it kinda sounds like if you take olderbak out of the lineup then lakota is left out to dry...
Yeah, that's how it is, he is their only really good player, I think sometimes people get confused on how good a player is, remember this is class b North Dakota baseball, is it really an accomplishment getting 4 hits off a 60 mph pitcher, or striking out kids that can barely lift a bat? Now, there are some good players around North Dakota but some that are said to be really good, are average.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:59 am

Well I havent seen all the catchers in the state but chris hoerth is probly one of the best catches if not the best. So to say lakota only has one player isn't really true. It is true if you take Olderbak of lakota they are not as good just like any class b team. If you lose your best player you are going to be hurting duh!
Big Hitter

Postby cash » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:51 pm

Big Hitter wrote:Well I havent seen all the catchers in the state but chris hoerth is probly one of the best catches if not the best. So to say lakota only has one player isn't really true. It is true if you take Olderbak of lakota they are not as good just like any class b team. If you lose your best player you are going to be hurting duh!
He's good, top 5 catcher in the state class b wise. Taking your best player out should hurt you but not to the point where you lose in the opening round in Regionals like Lakota did last year. Lakota has a great coach, and some good players but they are going to have to come close to winning something in order to be considered a state contender, and in response to something you said earlier, "I'd be looking for Lakota at the state tournament next year" or something like that, Lakota has a good chance, but how can you expect them to beat Harvey or Midkota, or even a young team that beat you in the first round last year in Dakota Prairie, it dosent really matter that you only lost 3 games in the regular season last year if you can't win the Regionals. Good look though, I'm excited to see Olderbak pitch against Krahler or Lorenz.:D
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:04 pm

Does DP have a pretty good line-up coming into this year? I know Severson and Nichols can play, but outside of those two how are they looking?
thunderbaseball_38

Next

Return to Class B