2007 State Tourny

Postby cash » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:37 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Does DP have a pretty good line-up coming into this year? I know Severson and Nichols can play, but outside of those two how are they looking?
Extremely young. Last year they had three or four junior high kids starting for them and they took 3rd or 4th in the region. They are a team that can go two games into the tournament, thats about it. Their region is between Harvey and Lakota pretty much.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:35 am

cash wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Does DP have a pretty good line-up coming into this year? I know Severson and Nichols can play, but outside of those two how are they looking?
Extremely young. Last year they had three or four junior high kids starting for them and they took 3rd or 4th in the region. They are a team that can go two games into the tournament, thats about it. Their region is between Harvey and Lakota pretty much.

Who do you think will come out on top? Harvey or Lakota. I know Harvey's got a really good team for this year, but I haven't heard all too much on Lakota.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby cash » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:37 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
cash wrote:

Who do you think will come out on top? Harvey or Lakota. I know Harvey's got a really good team for this year, but I haven't heard all too much on Lakota.
I believe Harvey will, they have one of the best pitchers around and a lot of senior leadership. If they stay together as a team, they will win easily and have a great chance at a state title, key is though, stay together...
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm

"Great" chance at a state title? They lost two pretty good bats in Buxa and Frantz. Those two are gonna be tough to replace (hitting and pitching wise). You almost need 2 if not 3 aces to win the state title.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:21 pm

bison_18 wrote:"Great" chance at a state title? They lost two pretty good bats in Buxa and Frantz. Those two are gonna be tough to replace (hitting and pitching wise). You almost need 2 if not 3 aces to win the state title.
how many pitchers did steele have? 1 maybe 2 at the most
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:24 pm

Heins was pretty good and Bakkum had a very impressive state tournament. They were VERY solid on defense all around. There can always be exceptions but generally speaking.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:32 pm

bison_18 wrote:Heins was pretty good and Bakkum had a very impressive state tournament. They were VERY solid on defense all around. There can always be exceptions but generally speaking.

steele could've almost thrown anyone who throws strikes and doesnt walk people and they would have had a chance to win with their defense.  before someone lashes out at me it was a little bit of an exageration but my point is Steele will always have one of the best fielding teams in the state.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:34 pm

No erros (mental or the ones on the board) in a games will u get u a LONG ways in class B baseball. Steele did that and made good plays. You can always have playmakers in the field, but you need 9 solid fielders to contend for the title.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:37 pm

i dont know if their defense will have to make many plays with the pitching staff they'll have, the biggest fielder will be their catcher
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Unless you have 3 pitchers who strike everyone out, you're gonna need something behind you. Lorenz is good, but he needs to develop some off-speed stuff too. His fastball is pretty straight, so if he tweaks some stuff he can be great. I didn't see anything from Harvey besides Lorenz that would keep teams from putting the ball in play.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:16 pm

bison_18 wrote:Unless you have 3 pitchers who strike everyone out, you're gonna need something behind you. Lorenz is good, but he needs to develop some off-speed stuff too. His fastball is pretty straight, so if he tweaks some stuff he can be great. I didn't see anything from Harvey besides Lorenz that would keep teams from putting the ball in play.
Bryan Krahler has that ability, he had a bad back last year and didnt pitch much, hes going to be a good pitcher, harvey for sure has two possible aces, name a couple teams with a better 1 2 combo than that
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:31 pm

cash wrote:
bison_18 wrote:Unless you have 3 pitchers who strike everyone out, you're gonna need something behind you. Lorenz is good, but he needs to develop some off-speed stuff too. His fastball is pretty straight, so if he tweaks some stuff he can be great. I didn't see anything from Harvey besides Lorenz that would keep teams from putting the ball in play.
Bryan Krahler has that ability, he had a bad back last year and didnt pitch much, hes going to be a good pitcher, harvey for sure has two possible aces, name a couple teams with a better 1 2 combo than that

Krahler was a solid ace for Fessenden two years ago in legion before they co-oped with Harvey.  I didnt see him throw last year but i assume he'll be alright.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:32 pm

baseball wrote:
cash wrote:

Krahler was a solid ace for Fessenden two years ago in legion before they co-oped with Harvey.  I didnt see him throw last year but i assume he'll be alright.
yup, then throw in 3 or 4 more average pitchers and you got a pretty good staff
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Whose after Lorenz and Krahler thats above average??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Beau Weigelt, Ben Rogelstad, Josh Zeien, Olsen Zerr, Scott Tweed, Andrew Nyhus, all average pitchers, weigelt hasnt played in a year, but i heard hes goin out and he throws hard but accuracy is day to day, rogelstad throws strikes and has a good curve, zeien is the same way, samw with zerr, tweed throws strikes on the corners and nyhus can throw hard with a good sinker type pitch...they all should pitch a lot of varsity this year 
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class B