Young talent for next year

Postby southsiders » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:02 am

who are some sophmores or freshmen that will have good seasons this year.
southsiders
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:46 am

Adam Randall freshman from Steele.  led off for the Legion team as a 14 year old and hit over .400.  will play outfield and shortstop when Bakkum pitches and possibly 3rd when Lang pitches.  should also get some innings on the mound.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:17 pm

Cole Gentzkow- Freshman- Started at C for the Championship Babe Ruth team.(LaMoure)
Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gamechanger » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:27 pm

nic harding, sophmore for midkota...took Dakota Prarie to State babe ruth
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:09 pm

gamechanger wrote:nic harding, sophmore for midkota...took Dakota Prarie to State babe ruth
haha please
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby razorback » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:35 pm

alex herman for dp,  only an eighth grader, and is only going to get better
Last edited by razorback on Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:44 pm

gamechanger wrote:nic harding, sophmore for midkota...took Dakota Prarie to State babe ruth

what position did he play for midkota as a freshman??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Devils » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:10 am

idk about high school...he played SS and pitched or babe ruth tho
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Devils » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am

razorback wrote:alex herman for dp,  only an eighth grader, and is only going to get better

herman didnt even start for the babe ruth team, he cant hit..and i saw many mistakes from him, people will steal on him all day when DP has a pitcher than cant hold the runners close
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:57 am

Devils wrote:
razorback wrote:alex herman for dp,  only an eighth grader, and is only going to get better

herman didnt even start for the babe ruth team, he cant hit..and i saw many mistakes from him, people will steal on him all day when DP has a pitcher than cant hold the runners close

not many kids are gonna be great hitters in 7th grade.  starting at catcher as a 7th grader though is pretty impressive.  he'll be good in the years to come im guessing.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Devils » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:32 pm

baseball wrote:
Devils wrote:

not many kids are gonna be great hitters in 7th grade.  starting at catcher as a 7th grader though is pretty impressive.  he'll be good in the years to come im guessing.

he had a 7th grader DH for him...still..if he is not a better hitter than someone his own age..then idk.. how about lets talk about him when he is junior in high school..not an eight grader
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:12 pm

Devils wrote:
baseball wrote:
Devils wrote:

he had a 7th grader DH for him...still..if he is not a better hitter than someone his own age..then idk.. how about lets talk about him when he is junior in high school..not an eight grader

I played for Dakota Prairie last year, we had 2 seniors, 3 sophmores, 2 freshman, 1 8th grader and one 7th grader that started for us. We took 3rd in the region.

Herman last year stepped in for our freshmen catcher and threw out 3 base runners against Harvey.  He started the rest of the reason.  Yes, he did get DH'ed for by either a 7th grader, 8th grader, or a freshmen depending on the team.  He might be a little weak at the plate, but defensively he is pretty sound, blocking wise.

I was the coach for the Dakota Praire Babe Ruth team.  The reason why he didn't catch for us, is because we had another catcher who was hitting better at the time.  I garuntee he will be the starting catcher for Dakota Prairie's high school team that is loaded with young talent.

Tyler Luehring, a freshmen this year, an 8th grader last year started in left field for us, hit either 2nd or 5th in the line up. Hit around 350.  Probably play center or shortstop or pitch a little bit.

Alex Vasichek started at first base last year as a freshmen and was sound defensively and is more of a power hitter.  He hits a lot of line drives, but likes to chase some bad pitches. Should be good next year.

Being the coach of the DP babe ruth team.  I would have to say that Nic Harding did not carry the Dakota Prairie Babe Ruth team. He probably hit 250 on the year and struggled to throw strikes.  He has potential to be good, but he definately didn't carry our team to the state tournament.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Devils » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:07 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
Devils[/user] wrote: [/b]
[quote][b][user=508]baseball"][quote="Devils wrote:

he had a 7th grader DH for him...still..if he is not a better hitter than someone his own age..then idk.. how about lets talk about him when he is junior in high school..not an eight grader[/quote]
I played for Dakota Prairie last year, we had 2 seniors, 3 sophmores, 2 freshman, 1 8th grader and one 7th grader that started for us. We took 3rd in the region.

Herman last year stepped in for our freshmen catcher and threw out 3 base runners against Harvey.  He started the rest of the reason.  Yes, he did get DH'ed for by either a 7th grader, 8th grader, or a freshmen depending on the team.  He might be a little weak at the plate, but defensively he is pretty sound, blocking wise.

I was the coach for the Dakota Praire Babe Ruth team.  The reason why he didn't catch for us, is because we had another catcher who was hitting better at the time.  I garuntee he will be the starting catcher for Dakota Prairie's high school team that is loaded with young talent.

Tyler Luehring, a freshmen this year, an 8th grader last year started in left field for us, hit either 2nd or 5th in the line up. Hit around 350.  Probably play center or shortstop or pitch a little bit.

Alex Vasichek started at first base last year as a freshmen and was sound defensively and is more of a power hitter.  He hits a lot of line drives, but likes to chase some bad pitches. Should be good next year.

Being the coach of the DP babe ruth team.  I would have to say that Nic Harding did not carry the Dakota Prairie Babe Ruth team. He probably hit 250 on the year and struggled to throw strikes.  He has potential to be good, but he definately didn't carry our team to the state tournament.
Everytime i saw Harding play he didnt seem like he was trying much, he has potential. I heard he had 2 wins in the League Tourney to take them to state. though. He hit the ball hard too.
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:32 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
Devils wrote:
baseball wrote:
Devils wrote:

i think dp is a year or two away from being at the top again
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:22 pm

Lamoure had 2 freshman start last year high school  chad limesand and ross meidinger and both played in legion
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:34 pm

berry186 wrote:Lamoure had 2 freshman start last year high school  chad limesand and ross meidinger and both played in legion

wasn't it limesand that had the game-winning hit in the region championship? or was that in legion?
rep

Postby berry186 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:03 pm

rep wrote:
berry186 wrote:Lamoure had 2 freshman start last year high school  chad limesand and ross meidinger and both played in legion

wasn't it limesand that had the game-winning hit in the region championship? or was that in legion?

it was limesand that hit it in high school region championship
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby southsiders » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:10 pm

did limesand and meidinger play on the state babe ruth team lamoure had and what positions do they play??
Last edited by southsiders on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southsiders
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 24/7ndfan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Limesand played left and Meidinger played right and center for state babe ruth in 05. Ross Meidinger will probally play center, and Chad Limesand will play left.
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 24/7ndfan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Last edited by 24/7ndfan on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Justin Mozinski a Sophomore from Midway has unlimited potential but it sounds like Midway's numbers are very slim unless they start about four 8th graders so who knows if he will even get a chance to play. He hit i believe 5th all summer for the Midway-Minto Legion as a freshman.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:51 am

yes mozinksi is a nice player. why doesn't midway combine minto. they would be pretty good.
PA42

Postby ndfootball06 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:16 am

chad demers and alex martinez from grafton are both good players. both are great fielders.  demers is arguably the most patient hitter in the state. martinez is a big kid, with power and consistency.  they are returning starters on a very good grafton team that finished with a record of around 27-5 i believe, and didnt have a senior on that team.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:36 am

horne98 wrote:yes mozinksi is a nice player. why doesn't midway combine minto. they would be pretty good.

Rumor is Minto has enough players for their own team so they dont really want to co-op. There was a chance Midway and Larimore were going to co-op because Larimore's numbers are low also on like a one year deal but I think that fell through. They just need to make it through a year or two because their youth program has been dominant in the area the past couple years.
Last edited by InTheKnow on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:55 pm

How about sophomore, Ryan Pladson of Hatton-Northwood? was either the #3 or #4 batter for a babe ruth team that pushed Hope till the end in the section tournament.. (Hope won state, so HN had a good team)  He made one appearance in the Section tournament for legion in casselton and hit a home run. Its not an easy task hitting one out there... I'd give him some attention. He has a good arm from left side of the infield and a good glove to go along with it. He also spent some time in the outfield, once again having a good arm, and a good glove.
thunderbaseball_38

Next

Return to Class B