College commitments/signees

Postby bball1niner » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:23 pm

some people take their sat's instead of their act's bc they missed the dates and such...and he did take his act's he's just getting redshirted so that clears that up...by the way where are you guys playing ball at?
bball1niner

Postby PA42 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:55 am

mayville state had a heck of a freshman recruiting class.

Chad Rakowski may-port-one of the most underrated players in the state. has potential to be a great player.
Jordan Grover- i think if they give one or two years he could be tough
Alex Berry- consistent. good contact hitter good outfielder.
Chad Palowski Northern Cass- He's still rehabbing but had a good junior campaign
Nick Bata-They like his arm and has been improving @ 1b
Christopher Strand hatton-northwood- a solid out fielder
john greciar- gf central- a good ss
schafer- i like his arm. fielding is improving
logan robertsdahl richland-he's a winner and a competitor
brock gnadt moorhead- tall lanky pitcher
PA42

Postby Baseballfan35 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:40 pm

Bison_18, do you even play baseball?

Have you seen some of the competition they play outside of ND?  Miles City has at least 4 or 5 Division 1 players each year, so does Dawson Community College.  Madison Area Tech has been one of the top powerhouses in the nation the last few years or so.  I would not go as far as to say that some of the top Class A teams could beat any JuCo. in ND except for maybe MSU-B.  WSC had two guys who threw upper 80's last year including Matt Leer who now goes to Mary.  BSC had Rob Bird Horse, Casey Lommen, & Josh Standing Elk who are all good in their own right.  I don't think any of the class A legion teams could do as well with wood bats either.  Plus, the North Dakota JuCo.'s can't recruit as well as say Miles City because there are far more 4 year schools in North Dakota than in Montana, which only has one or two 4-year schools that have a baseball program in their entire state.  And to whoever said those 4 guys from Steele are starting? they are not.  Oschner & Barreth are academically ineligible and I'm unsure about Heins.  The only one that got playing time was Oschner who hit the ball solid but his fielding was atrocious. 
Baseballfan35

Postby bison_18 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:17 pm

I never said anything about Juco's outside of ND. But I did watch a couple games last year b/w MSU-B and BSC. Don't tell me that the vistas wouldn't beat both of those teams. I didn't get a chance to watch WSC. And yes I do play baseball, but its alright if you dont like my opinon, its just my two cents.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxUND » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Although Mayville might have had a good recruiting class, it still does not matter because jamestown college will win the dac, just like they always do.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:18 pm

SiouxUND wrote:Although Mayville might have had a good recruiting class, it still does not matter because jamestown college will win the dac, just like they always do.

wasnt it jsut 2-3 years ago that they ended a mayville streak of like 17 years??? i guess i wouldnt say they always have.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby SiouxUND » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:17 pm

Ok pretty sure it was more than 2 to 3 years ago.  OK let me rephrase that just like they have been lately.  That's y every year now JC is in the Super Regional. 
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:31 pm

Eric Paul, a senior from Linton, I've heard is close to signing with U Mary. Its not definite but looks like he is going to.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:42 pm

baller01 wrote:Eric Paul, a senior from Linton, I've heard is close to signing with U Mary. Its not definite but looks like he is going to.

whens the last time Paul has played in a game of any sport????
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:20 pm

baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:Eric Paul, a senior from Linton, I've heard is close to signing with U Mary. Its not definite but looks like he is going to.

whens the last time Paul has played in a game of any sport????
End of the football season last year. He needs a doctors signature before he can play at U Mary becuase of his neck. If and when he gets it looks like he is going there.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:22 pm

kinda stupid on mary's part if u ask me. recruiting a kid who hasnt played any sport in over a year?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:51 pm

He hasn't played football basketball or baseball in over a year on a team. He's continued to keep throwing and obviously Mary finds potential in him, enough to give him a scholarship atleast. I think he was getting looks from a lot bigger schools until he had his injury but i think he would be a steal for Mary if he stays healthy and pitches like he can.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Boyyo27 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:44 pm

i took my act's big shot
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:05 pm

baller01 wrote:He hasn't played football basketball or baseball in over a year on a team. He's continued to keep throwing and obviously Mary finds potential in him, enough to give him a scholarship atleast. I think he was getting looks from a lot bigger schools until he had his injury but i think he would be a steal for Mary if he stays healthy and pitches like he can.

If they are offering anything I can guarantee it is not much as none of the NCAA II schools or even DI for that matter offer full rides. I can guarantee that Carr didnt even get a full ride from Minnesota.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Eric Paul is no longer looking at Mary and is more then likely going to sign with Jamestown. And you are correct, U of M didn't give him a full ride. Like you said, they are pretty much unheard of.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Boyyo27 wrote:i took my act's big shot

good job.....:up:
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:00 pm

hahaha congrats
footballfanwatcher_99