College commitments/signees

Postby cash » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Anyone know of any people that have committed or even signed to colleges for baseball this year? Or, anyone know of any players that have the ability to play college ball.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nike07 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:52 am

i heard tanner lorenz from harvey comitted to iowa western...anyone know if its true
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison_18 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Well I hope Tanner makes it big so then I can say I hit a homerun off him...haha :)
I did it the hard way in Harvey, over the centerfielders head on a line, made it all the way around no errors. I believe it rolled to like 430 somethin, or what ever it is way out there in CF in harvey.
Last edited by bison_18 on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:26 pm

Not sure whether or not thats true. I kind of know him with family, but, since I went to college I don't talk to him much. I can try get hold on him.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coachk » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:41 am

Logan Robertsdahl from Galchutt is attending Mayville St. Also Erbes from Galchutt is at Jamestown playing FB and possibly baseball. Logan Midthun from Enderlin is at UND. All should do well at those levels hopefully.
coachk

Postby Boyyo27 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:08 am

coachk wrote:Logan Robertsdahl from Galchutt is attending Mayville St. Also Erbes from Galchutt is at Jamestown playing FB and possibly baseball. Logan Midthun from Enderlin is at UND.
All should do well at those levels hopefully.

I play with Robertsdahl he's a good kid
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby little janitor » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:45 pm

Berreth, Heins,Nelson, and Ochsner all from steele are playing at bismarck state and last i heard in fall ball they were all starting at there positions.
little janitor
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bball1niner » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:07 pm

little janitor wrote:Berreth, Heins,Nelson, and Ochsner all from steele are playing at bismarck state and last i heard in fall ball they were all starting at there positions.

are you kidding me?...is bismark a high school team?
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:38 pm

bball1niner wrote:
little janitor wrote:Berreth, Heins,Nelson, and Ochsner all from steele are playing at bismarck state and last i heard in fall ball they were all starting at there positions.

good joke....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:16 am

Those JuCo's in ND can probly be beat by the best Class A legion teams.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:10 pm

bison_18 wrote:Those JuCo's in ND can probly be beat by the best Class A legion teams.

hahahaha oh nooooooo.... class A there superior to the majors... pujols would go 0-4 off of any class A player...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball1niner » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:22 pm

baseball wrote:
bball1niner wrote:

good joke....

i wasn't joking...im dead serious, or did they lose all 9 starters and the 9 backups behind them from last year
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:38 pm

bball1niner wrote:
baseball wrote:
bball1niner wrote:

good joke....

i wasn't joking...im dead serious, or did they lose all 9 starters and the 9 backups behind them from last year

lose 18 guys because 4 guys from steele are starting there?  werent them 4 guys part of the state championship team last year?  and 4 of the best players at state if i remember right...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball1niner » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:58 pm

baseball wrote:
bball1niner wrote:
baseball wrote:
bball1niner wrote:

good joke....

lose 18 guys because 4 guys from steele are starting there?  werent them 4 guys part of the state championship team last year?  and 4 of the best players at state if i remember right...

well yeah they were members of the team and played but i gurantee they were 4 of the best players there..ask anyone not from steele..so you might need to get your memory checked
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:17 pm

Heins -  started first round agsint rolla gettin the win while giving up 2 hits and striking out 11.   also ripped the cover off the ball having 6 or 7 hits with 3 of them doubles.  good player i would say.

Berreth - how many balls got by him catching, i dont remember one.  teams leading hitter through the year. and threw you out by about 30 feet when u tried stealing 2nd.

Ochsner - did he have an error the whole tourney, no. also hit the ball hard all 3 games.

Nelson - maybe not the best hitter in the tournament but find me a better centerfielder....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:01 pm

Michael Mack was a better centerfielder, i would guarantee you that. He had one of the best reads on the ball I've seen from anyone, and to go along with his speed (all-state WR). Some centerfielders are good but make some plays look harder (not saying that its the case here, but i've seen it) than they should simply cause they can't read the ball as well. But I'll get to my point, I went and watched a baseball game last spring between BSC and MSU-B. If you were a key player on a team that made it to state or won state, you could easily start on either of those teams. I would guarrantee you that which ever team won state legion, would beat either of those teams. There are some exceptions if there's a really good baseball player that can't make it in a 4 year school playin on one of those teams, but you usually won't see that. So generally speaking, those juco's (not trying to disrespect them, but just from what i've seen) are about equal to the top B legion or high school teams in the state. Not trying to offend anyone, but that's just how i see it.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:54 pm

baseball wrote:Heins -  started first round agsint rolla gettin the win while giving up 2 hits and striking out 11.   also ripped the cover off the ball having 6 or 7 hits with 3 of them doubles.  good player i would say.

Berreth - how many balls got by him catching, i dont remember one.  teams leading hitter through the year. and threw you out by about 30 feet when u tried stealing 2nd.

Ochsner - did he have an error the whole tourney, no. also hit the ball hard all 3 games.

Nelson - maybe not the best hitter in the tournament but find me a better centerfielder....

yeah well berreth is good...rolla isn't a good team at all our jv could beat them...can't remember a time we didn't ten run them

ochsner played what position?

well if you don't have to hit id take zane jacobson over him...gets to more balls then ive seen...

and what did you do in this tourney?
bball1niner

Postby bball1niner » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:55 pm

and i know you have complete stats bc you are going to be living this dream your whole life...
bball1niner

Postby andy_7 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:35 am

my dad works with his dad in harvey and he heard that he commited to iowa western for a 70% full ride, or so my dad says.
andy_7

Postby cash » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:14 pm

andy_7 wrote:my dad works with his dad in harvey and he heard that he commited to iowa western for a 70% full ride, or so my dad says.
yeah, i talked to him and he said 85-90%, they havent really said the exact percent
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonman » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:54 am

Grover can't play because he never took his ACTs, hahaha
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:28 pm

bisonman wrote:Grover can't play because he never took his ACTs, hahaha

hahahahahahahahaha......isnt the ACT pretty much required to get into college...hahahahaha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball1niner » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:57 pm

could of took his sat's there buddy...shows how much this guy knows...
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm

yes he could have but why would a guy go somewhere to play baseball when he didnt take the ACT...and you have to take them to play there......shows how much this guy knows.
Last edited by baseball on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:13 pm

How do you get into college period w/o ACT?? I guess that's Mayville for ya.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B