Section 3 Legion Baseball

Section 3 Legion Baseball

Postby q » Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm

With Legion games starting in less than two weeks, which teams will contend in Section 3? Casselton has been the team to beat the last few years, and I'm guessing they'll be tough again. Which teams will gain players thanks to the rumored unfortunate decision to drop the MayPort program?
q -- the only letter that does not appear in any US state name
q
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Section 3 Legion Baseball

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 pm

q wrote:With Legion games starting in less than two weeks, which teams will contend in Section 3? Casselton has been the team to beat the last few years, and I'm guessing they'll be tough again. Which teams will gain players thanks to the rumored unfortunate decision to drop the MayPort program?

How many will they get back that did not play high school? How many will they get from out of town?
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ambition50 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Casselton is probably still going to be the favorite this year...The only 2 teams that i see can give them a run will be Northern Cass and Hope Finley. Thompson, CV, Larimore will be at the bottom....A team that could be a surprise could be Hatton/Northwood...Return a good group of guys and look pretty good in spring ball this year....Along with the 3 top teams mentioned earlier and Hatton thrown in the mix..This region could get tighter than what people think.......There has been rumors a few kids are going to FSHP from Mayville and a few to CV, just rumors.
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ambition50 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Who are some players to watch in the region that could make a big impact..There is a few players that played college ball coming back to this region...Hashbarger(FSHP), Naas (Thompson), Paul (CV if he has another year)...Other than these 3 here is my list:
CC- Scheer, Bresnahan, Sundquist
NC- Hill, Kyllo (if they can get a team together)...rumors that they might not have the enough kids
FSHP- Storebo, Neva
CV- ????
Thompson- Weber
Hatton- Paulson, Thompson
Larimore- Hofer

Mentions- FSHP- Ihry, Foss, Aberle, Mehus..CC- Wilcox, Bumgarden...NC- Springer?, Struass....Hatton- Pladson, Peterson...CV- Proznik, Schadwald....Larimore- Elfman...Thompson- Walsh
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 pm

How can games be starting in less than two weeks when school ball hasn't ended yet?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ambition50 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Well i have heard rumors of a game scheduled on the 29th of May...idk who it is...i know its someone from this region but thier coach must not have cofidence to go anywhere in spring ball haha
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:32 pm

And if its questionable that some schools won't have teams, how could they even have a schedule yet?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ambition50 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Doesnt make sense i know...i think Mayville for sure isnt gonna have one...could be wrong
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Thu May 17, 2012 10:30 am

The entire league is set to start on May 29th. Any team that goes to state HS will reschedule. They have done this for 2 or 3 years now.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 am

Ambition50 wrote:Who are some players to watch in the region that could make a big impact..There is a few players that played college ball coming back to this region...Hashbarger(FSHP), Naas (Thompson), Paul (CV if he has another year)...Other than these 3 here is my list:
CC- Scheer, Bresnahan, Sundquist
NC- Hill, Kyllo (if they can get a team together)...rumors that they might not have the enough kids
FSHP- Storebo, Neva
CV- ????
Thompson- Weber
Hatton- Paulson, Thompson
Larimore- Hofer

Mentions- FSHP- Ihry, Foss, Aberle, Mehus..CC- Wilcox, Bumgarden...NC- Springer?, Struass....Hatton- Pladson, Peterson...CV- Proznik, Schadwald....Larimore- Elfman...Thompson- Walsh

You forgot Kory Kleven from Larimore. 2 time HS All-Region Selection.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsforlife24 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Good one, forgot about him.
Who do you guys think will end up winning this region?
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1402 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:16 pm

FSHP, i believe has the best chance of winning this section. If you go by the HS season where they took second in their region behind Kindred and ahead of Casselton, they have a really good shot. They will return everyone from HS plus the best player that will step on the field for Section 3 this year, Jalen Hashbarger. I will be surprised if they don't win it.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsforlife24 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:36 pm

I will agree with you. Dont get me wrong that Casselton wont give them fits, but it will be a disappointing season through my eyes for them if they dont win the Section.
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Casselton will get back their starting SS in Garrett Ebach who missed the high school season due to a suspension.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsforlife24 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:12 pm

FSHP beat them three times in spring. Yea they didnt have Ebach, but FSHP didnt have Hashbarger. Hashbarger is by far going to be the best player in the region compared to Ebach who is a decent shortstop. I just see that Hope-Finley still has the upperhand in this battle.
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:45 am

sportsforlife24 wrote:FSHP beat them three times in spring. Yea they didnt have Ebach, but FSHP didnt have Hashbarger. Hashbarger is by far going to be the best player in the region compared to Ebach who is a decent shortstop. I just see that Hope-Finley still has the upperhand in this battle.

oh yeah i definetly agree that Hashbarger is a better player then Ebach i am just saying that both teams get key players back so it will be interesting season.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1402 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:45 am

Don't count of HN either. They have been defeating teams by quite a few runs every game. Getting those MPCG players really helped that team out and they are really tough right now. They will compete all the way down to the end and with them going to state in HS that gives them a nice advantage when it comes to winning games come tournament time. They will be a tough team to beat with all their experience.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsforlife24 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:13 am

Agree...Seems though Olson has won all of there big games and he throws about every other game...I just dont know how long his arm can take it. Granted they have Paulson and Thompson to throw so they are at the top as in the favorite to win the section, followed by probably Hope-Finley and then Casselton could sneak in there
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class B