Top Pitchers around the State

Top Pitchers around the State

Postby TouchdownPack » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Who are some of the studs out there who can really pitch and know how to get guys out?
TouchdownPack
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top Pitchers arounds the State

Postby ndpreps100 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Ellery Bresnahan for sure has to be up there. Colton Anderson and Logan Lund from DP. Jacob Hagler from NS. I am sure there are some names i am forgetting. I personally think Bresnahan is one of the best baseball players from North Dakota in a long time, it's too bad he has been injured or he would be way above what he is right now which is still very impressive.
ndpreps100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ambition50 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Nick Milbrandt from Kindred is a very good pitcher.
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBalways » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 am

Lubbers from Central Cass. He has a few Championships (Babe Ruth and Legion) under his belt.
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ambition50 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Lubbers? I have faced him and seen him throw nothing special....relies on defense alot!
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Ambition50 wrote:Lubbers? I have faced him and seen him throw nothing special....relies on defense alot!

nothing wrong with relying on your defense...especially if your defense is good
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ClassBalways » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Ambition50 wrote:Lubbers? I have faced him and seen him throw nothing special....relies on defense alot!

Just going by what I read in the local paper.
And since Milbrandt was already mentioned in this forum, I thought I'd add Lubbers.

Milbrandt, Lubbers square off in pitchers dual (Highlight)
“With two of the better pitchers in the state on the mound" (Quoted)

Better check stats. :?
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

i wish some of the younger generation would realize you dont have to be a Nolan Ryan to be a good pitcher. Brad Radke made a career out of letting his defense do the job. Mark Buerhle, same thing. if you have a great defense behind you, then ya why not let them do their jobs. you dont have to over power every hitter to be successful.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBalways » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

bison football73 wrote:i wish some of the younger generation would realize you dont have to be a Nolan Ryan to be a good pitcher. Brad Radke made a career out of letting his defense do the job. Mark Buerhle, same thing. if you have a great defense behind you, then ya why not let them do their jobs. you dont have to over power every hitter to be successful.

Great comment...
Baseball is a "TEAM" Sport right? Thought so!
Every person on the field, in the dugout etc. help make each player successful as a "Team".
ClassBalways
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:33 pm

"Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
-Bull Durham
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ambition50 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:23 am

Good point, never took that into consideration...my bad guys. I was just thinking of over powering guys like a Milbrant, Bresnahan, and Storebo from region 1.
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby minidominator » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:28 am

Austan Schmidt from Harvey-WC is a great pitch has a good variety of stuff.
minidominator
NDPreps Rookie

Postby TouchdownPack » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Stemen had 8 K's against Casselton in their 4-3 win in the region game... it was a pretty good performance had a couple walks and hit a guy but showed composure and got the job done
TouchdownPack
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 am

Well I believe once Milbrandt can pitch again that he will show that he is at the top of quite a few lists. He has everything a pitcher needs, control and power... His run last year was one of the best ever.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ambition50 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Storebo from FSHP pitched against LaMoure tonight and had 11 k's, that is now 33 k's in 3 region starts (Enderlin, LaMoure, and Kindred)
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby cuzimawesome » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 am

Ambition50 wrote:Storebo from FSHP pitched against LaMoure tonight and had 11 k's, that is now 33 k's in 3 region starts (Enderlin, LaMoure, and Kindred)

Too bad when push came to shove against LaMoure he couldnt get the job done
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ambition50 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 pm

He pitched as good as anyone else could have....his defense gave out on him in the 7th inning....going into the 7th it was 5-2....11 k's.....thought he had a kid wrung up to end the game (Theilges), Theilges even started walking back to the dugout and it was called a ball.....turns out to be at the end of the game, the homeplate ump was LaMoures head coaches's brother
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackstar123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am

can't blame the game on the ump, the ump cant hit the ball and score 3 runs for them. Looks like when it came to crunch time, LaMoure was the one to be more clutch.
trackstar123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:48 am

trackstar123 wrote:can't blame the game on the ump, the ump cant hit the ball and score 3 runs for them. Looks like when it came to crunch time, LaMoure was the one to be more clutch.

Thumbs up
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsYearRound » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Ambition50 wrote:He pitched as good as anyone else could have....his defense gave out on him in the 7th inning....going into the 7th it was 5-2....11 k's.....thought he had a kid wrung up to end the game (Theilges), Theilges even started walking back to the dugout and it was called a ball.....turns out to be at the end of the game, the homeplate ump was LaMoures head coaches's brother

That close call came in the 9th. Tyler Thielges first clutch hit came on a 2-0 count in the bottom of the 7th. No controversy there. Tyler's walk off on a 2-2 count came in the 9th. No doubt that Storebo is a great pitcher though. Hits his spots well. Talking to Tyler, he said the pitch was outside the plate a couple inches, but high school umps still give the pitcher that call sometimes.

Back on topic- I think Milbrandt- Kindred, Stemen- LaMoure, Storebo- FSHP, and Hill- NC are all top pitchers. Bresnahan-CC could be if his shoulder wasn't messed up. How has Ty Bruner from Velva-DA been pitching?
SportsYearRound
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Ambition50 wrote:He pitched as good as anyone else could have....his defense gave out on him in the 7th inning....going into the 7th it was 5-2....11 k's.....thought he had a kid wrung up to end the game (Theilges), Theilges even started walking back to the dugout and it was called a ball.....turns out to be at the end of the game, the homeplate ump was LaMoures head coaches's brother

The person you're referring to is a pretty good umpire. He has been umping for a long time and he has been doing it at a high level for quite some time.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theworldismine1999 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:02 am

Stemen bounced back to get the win against NCass last night... Lost to them earlier in the year... Only had 5 K's but hit his spots well and used his defense really well letting them make plays and in the end of the game after giving up 2 runs he shut NCass down in the 8th 9th and 10th... Then Thielges got another clutch hit after a Mieklejohn hit and after Hodem moved Mieklejohn up.
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby ForrestGump » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 am

SportsYearRound wrote:

That close call came in the 9th. Tyler Thielges first clutch hit came on a 2-0 count in the bottom of the 7th. No controversy there. Tyler's walk off on a 2-2 count came in the 9th. No doubt that Storebo is a great pitcher though. Hits his spots well. Talking to Tyler, he said the pitch was outside the plate a couple inches, but high school umps still give the pitcher that call sometimes.

Back on topic- I think Milbrandt- Kindred, Stemen- LaMoure, Storebo- FSHP, and Hill- NC are all top pitchers. Bresnahan-CC could be if his shoulder wasn't messed up. How has Ty Bruner from Velva-DA been pitching?

Not quite sure how bresnahan can have a bum shoulder when had 13 K's in a game..
ForrestGump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby SportsYearRound » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 am

Not quite sure how you could say he doesn't have a bum shoulder when he has needed surgery on it and says himself that it doesn't feel 100%. 13 K's goes to show just how fantastic he could be with some more consistency. I blame his lack of consistency on the shoulder. Ellery is a gamer!
SportsYearRound
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackstar123 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Pretty excellent throwing last night from Stemen from LaMoure, throwing 10 innings and only giving up 2 runs the whole game to North Star, he's got to be in the run for the top 5 pitchers in the state. Never loses speed throughout the game.
trackstar123
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class B