2024 season

2024 season

Postby bingobangobongo » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:24 pm

Games start this week! Should be a full slate of games all week with the weather forecast looking great for the 1st week of April.

Who are the favorites? Is it the usual suspects -- LaMoure, Casselton, Kindred, Thompson, Park River, NorthStar, Shiloh, Langdon?
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2024 season

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:00 pm

So hard to judge the teams until they start playing. I think Central Cass will be really tough out of Region 1 and of course Thompson. I think also the North Star will be really good.

You always have some kids that don't go out or in track and don't play during the school year.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby bingobangobongo » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:21 pm

maddog1971 wrote:So hard to judge the teams until they start playing. I think Central Cass will be really tough out of Region 1 and of course Thompson. I think also the North Star will be really good.

You always have some kids that don't go out or in track and don't play during the school year.

Do both! :)

I think it was 2 years ago and we were playing in Kindred while a track meet was going on right next door. One of the Kinnert dual sporters was over winning a couple of sprint events, comes over to the baseball game and puts on a uniform. He comes in as pinch runner at 1st in a tie game (something like that, it was a tight game), steals 2nd, steals 3rd, and then they suicide squeeze him in. That kind of speed on the base paths puts a lotta pressure on the defense.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:20 pm

bingobangobongo wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:So hard to judge the teams until they start playing. I think Central Cass will be really tough out of Region 1 and of course Thompson. I think also the North Star will be really good.

Do both! :)

I know Thompson doesn't allow it.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby TommiesFan » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:08 pm

Baseball season is upon us. I think the teams who will be solid are, in no particular order:
North Star - return almost everyone.
Bottineau - when this group was 15yr old Babe Ruth, beat Cando in the District to get to State. Bottineau hosted State Babe Ruth, so Cando got in as the 2nd place team in that District, and Cando ended up winning the State Championship over Thompson.
Langdon - always solid.
Park River - young, talented, Omdahl will have them rolling. I believe they won State Babe Ruth last year.
Grafton - Villareal and Droog on the hill, amongst others.
Casselton - return a lot, always solid.
Kindred - always seems to be competitive.
Des Lacs / Burlington - lost Yale, but a lot back.
Hazen - Seem like they're always solid.
Shiloh - Same as Hazen, always solid.
Lamoure - always in the mix.
Carrington - good program.
Thompson - return 7 of their starting 9, should be solid.
Nelson County - don't know much about them, but had a solid basketball squad, must be some nice athletes. New team to Region 2.
We'll learn more as the season plays out, but lots of solid teams again this year, should be a great state tournament no matter who gets there.

And, Thompson DOES allow dual-sport athletes now, they just made the change to allow it beginning this current school year.

Go Tommies!
TommiesFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Class B » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:31 pm

Some meaty matchups tomorrow at Shiloh.

Velva, Kindred, Thompson, Shiloh and North Star are participating that I know of.
Class B
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:06 am

Does Lamoure finally come back to the pack in their region?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:49 pm

Flip wrote:Does Lamoure finally come back to the pack in their region?

I've seen LaMoure play twice this spring, they are not the same team they have been for the last 3=4 years.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Class B