2007 Highschool Baseball

Postby NYYANKS » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:41 pm

[font=comic sans ms]Just thought id open a topic about Next years baseball season
What are your thougts on the teams

And also i started it because i heard the WF's Grant Schmidt tore his ACL playing football. is that just a rumor or can i get clarification on that... that would diminish alot of their chances of making it to state[/font]
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:18 pm

Cant wait just hope Wentz is ready
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:14 am

The only players that Minot High lost were Tyler Lundy and Fred Nelson.  It will take a lot to replace the play of Lundy but Minot has the returing players to do so.
ndfootball

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:30 am

Century lost 1st and 3rd one has already been replaced i think it looking good for CHS SMCHS Minot Mandan and potentially BHS There is my top 5 for the West in no perticular order any word on jamestown for this year???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Strike3? » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:09 pm

Dickinson well be up there and probaly place 1 or 2 in the West
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NYYANKS » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:50 pm

Any team in the east has a good chance this year.

1.)South
2.)RR
3.)North
4.)WF
5.)Shanley
6.)Central
7.)DL
8.)Whap

That could alter alot though because i dont think south will have much pitching and north always seems to have a lot. Shanley has some good young kids coming up. WF might have the best pitching staff in the region. RR had a good young team last year if i am remembering right. And every other team could be in the mix as well But i think those are the correct top four i dont know the right rankings of them though..
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:12 am

Yeah for the west I like Minot, Century, SM, Dickinson, and BHS.  Mandan and Jamestown could be in the mix as well.
1. Minot
2. Century
3. SM
4. Dickinson
5. BHS
6. Mandan
7. Jamestown
8. Williston
9. Belcourt
4-7 are all very close.

For the east I think Red River will be top team, I also think South, North, WF, and Central will be up there as well.
1. RR
2. North
3. South
4. WF
5. Central
6. Shanley
7. DL
8. Wahpeton
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby b-baller » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:04 pm

1. RR
  2. North
  3. South
  4. WF
  5. Shanley
  6. DL
  7. Wahpeton
  8. Central
[/*]
CENTRAL WINS STATE

b-baller

Postby Ming01 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:07 pm

Central did underachieve the whole regular season last year.  And finally played to their potential in the playoffs.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman11 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:24 pm

It goes to show what a dominating pitcher can do.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby b-baller » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:44 am

You can't diminish what Landry did, but Central probably had the best number 2 pitcher of any team at state, a fact that is often overlooked.  (Kreis)
b-baller

Postby shs01240 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:36 am

i dont want to be mean but the kries statement couldn't be any more untrue.  North had shockman and kragness, who were twice the pitcher kries is.  Red River had the potter, spies duo.  those four had lights out stuff, and all kries relied on was his fastball.(very predictable).  and thats just in the east.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:44 am

SHS12040, you missed the whole point!  All the pitchers you mentioned are as good as Kreis, but Landry/Kreis was the 1-2 combination that won the state, with Kreis getting two of the wins, a fact often overlooked.

Kragness and Shockman twice the pitchers?  What a stupid statement. 
Last edited by Willy on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:11 pm

who the heck was kragness i think we played north at state first round they had ebert right
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shs01240 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:57 am

FYI i dont recall kragness or shockman giving up eight runs in a loss to lowly shanley.  by the way i did not miss the point.  the statement was that kries was the BEST #2 pitcher at state.  Not True
Last edited by shs01240 on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:48 pm

Thats a cheap shot.  If you saw the Shanley-Central game, you would know bad pitching wasn't the reason Shanley got 8 runs. 

During the HS season, Ebert, Landry and Potter all stood out in the East.  Shockman, Spies, and Kreis were all good second pitchers on their respective teams.  Who you like best  is a matter of opinion.  All three got even better during the Legion season. Lets leave it at that.

Lets get back to the original subject, who will be the top pitchers in the East in 2007?
Last edited by b-baller on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby shs01240 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:39 am

That's a great question considering almost every team lost their shut down ace.  I don't think we are going to see stats comparable to Ebert, Hanson, Landry, and Tweiten this year.  The majority of "aces" this year don't rely on striking out 12 every game, instead they rely more on their defense.  I think we are going to see much deeper pitching staffs this year, with a lot of parity; at least amongst the fargo schools.  I'm not a hundred percent positive here but the top three from the fargo schools should look something like this.

South: Rude, Rusch, Edland

North:  Bergeron, Herian, Schutes

Shanley:  Sand, Jagim, Fritz

West Fargo:  Horsager, Christ, Greshik

The extent of my knowledge only includes the fargo schools, if someone could give a heads up about what to expect out of Red River and Central that'd be great.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:54 pm

Minot will prolly have the best and deepest pitching staff next season with Gathman, Bollinger, Elgie, Houston, and Martinson.

I'm assuming their 1-3 pitchers will be Gathman, Bollinger, and Martinson.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby KnowDak » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:14 pm

Martinson was one of the top few pitchers in the state at the end of the legion season, but didn't wasn't that good during high school season.

In legion, he pitched a very good game against Bismarck in the West Region title game and I believe he beat Williston at state and threw a very good game at the Central Plains Regional as well. He might be the MHS ace, but who knows?
KnowDak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Willy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:31 pm

Of the top 4 pitchers from the two Grand Forks schools, only Kreis a senior at Central is returning.  Both RR and Central will have to develop some new starters just like the rest of the east.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NYYANKS » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:09 pm

I think the east will be pretty watered down this year in the begining like i stated before in pitching but some teams will be very deep and the pitching staff and could be very good if it comes together. These are my Picks for the Top 4 from each team that i know of.

Devils Lake will have Josh Greene who is very good then they will have BJ Mertens and Jason Burdict but i dont know anybody else from there at all. They lost 4 or 5 of their top players so im not expecting much from them this year.

Jamestown will have Andrew Lick he was a pretty good pitcher but he caught all summer last year so i dont know what he is going to do other then him i dont know to much about them.

Central will have a very good number one pitcher in Kries otherwise i dont know anyone else from central besides Joel Riopelle from there who is a decent pitcher if i can remember right. They will have to have a lot of development come up to have anything otherwise they lost alot of people Laundry Thats all you have to say i guess.

Red River i think will have one of the top teams in the east this year if there pitching comes around. I really dont know any of there pitchers because i just remember Spies, Potter, and Palmacino throwing all the time last year. But they do have good players that could probabally be decent pitchers coming back this year in Erik Meland and Garett Sondrol.

South will be the top team in the east again this year i think. They will have one of the top pitching rotations with Tim Rude has to be good if Ibach started him first game at state last year, Max Rusch who impressed me very much in EDC and State last summer, Jacob Edlend who pitched good last spring, and also Adam Clapp and Eric Manlove who all pitched really well last year. I think with their hitting and pitching they will be the top team in the east this year.

West Fargo will also have on of the top pitching rotations this year. They have Cole Horsehager who was there teams ace last spring, Tyler Greshik who is a very good pitcher who i dont believe he even played last spring, Adam Crist, and Justin Rheault 

North will be very good also with Andrew Herian who pitched well last summer, Alex Bergeron, Sam Hirchert, and Justin Scheets. They will be very solid and will have some very good hitting.

All in all i think North, West Fargo, and South will probabally have the top three pitching rotations this year with Kries being one of the top guys in the EDC. It will be fun to see how the pitchers do this year with wood bats
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports-38 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:19 pm

Jamestown is a West Region team this year right?
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:40 am

First of all to keep this topic serious lets eliminate any comments about Eric Manlove being a good pitcher and/or baseball player.  Anyways South returns 7 of 9 starters from a very good offensive team and many good arms.  North always puts together a competitive team and should be a challenge.  I expect Red River to be pretty good as well.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:52 am

NYYanks- Great post!  Lots of knowledge of EDC baseball.  As far as your screen name, can't you do better than that?
Last edited by Willy on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:53 am

you guys are killing me, show a little love for Shanley.  They've only graduated two starters, and the majority of their starting lineup played bombers or post 2.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class A