State MVP's

Postby sports-38 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:38 pm

baseball30 wrote:Who is everyones pick for 2007s mvp's

for legion, Tyler Lundy,
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:24 am

What if Iowa Western suggests to send Lundy to some league with better competition than North Dakota legion?

If Lundy were to choose not to come back, who would then be the MVP?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby slugger_12 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 am

my picks for 2007 MVP's.

offensive-      Tyler Liffrig

Defensive-     Andy Leer

Pitching-        Tyler Lundy  (if he comes back)

coach-           Greg Beauchman (if he comes back)

overall mvp-  Tyler Lundy
slugger_12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:56 pm

you guys have got to be kidding if Tyler Lundy comes back he will be by far the best player in the state...it isnt even a comparison

overall mvp-lundy(if he comes back)

offensive mvp-lundy

defensive mvp-lundy

pitching mvp-wentz? are you kidding me i like the kid and hes a nice guy but no where near the pitcher lundy is

coach- larson (but i am biased)

Just a little more info on lundy since he is in college...he is starting in center field and is batting 3rd in the lineup and is starting over a kid that got drafted in the 16th round last year

smart source

Postby sports-38 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:34 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:What if Iowa Western suggests to send Lundy to some league with better competition than North Dakota legion?

From talking to players last year, it sounds like Lundy is coming back no matter what, which would be  a state championship legion team that loses one player,  Fred Nelson.
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:49 pm

sports-38 wrote:
NODAKsportsFAN wrote:What if Iowa Western suggests to send Lundy to some league with better competition than North Dakota legion?

From talking to players last year, it sounds like Lundy is coming back no matter what, which would be  a state championship legion team that loses one player,  Fred Nelson.

Thats a scary thought.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby slugger_12 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:09 pm

smart source wrote:you guys have got to be kidding if Tyler Lundy comes back he will be by far the best player in the state...it isnt even a comparison

offensive mvp-lundy

defensive mvp-lundy

pitching mvp-wentz? are you kidding me i like the kid and hes a nice guy but no where near the pitcher lundy is

Just a little more info on lundy since he is in college...he is starting in center field and is batting 3rd in the lineup and is starting over a kid that got drafted in the 16th round last year
How do you put Lundy in front of Leer for defensive MVP.  Leer had like a .975 fielding percentage this year and he is a shortstop. ya lundy is good in the field but he doesnt have near as much of a responsibility as leer at short stop.  And Liffrig this year batted .500 with 27 HR's and 105 RBI's.  Ya him and lundy might be close but come on 27 bombs and 105 RBI's......  

slugger_12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:56 pm

slugger_12 wrote:
smart source wrote:you guys have got to be kidding if Tyler Lundy comes back he will be by far the best player in the state...it isnt even a comparison

offensive mvp-lundy

defensive mvp-lundy

How do you put Lundy in front of Leer for defensive MVP.  Leer had like a .975 fielding percentage this year and he is a shortstop. ya lundy is good in the field but he doesnt have near as much of a responsibility as leer at short stop.  And Liffrig this year batted .500 with 27 HR's and 105 RBI's.  Ya him and lundy might be close but come on 27 bombs and 105 RBI's......  

yea lundy batted i think around .560 with something like 25 hrs and 100 rbi's...plus i think he set the vistas walk record
smart source

Postby smart source » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:23 am

DevilsAdvocate wrote:NODAKsportsFAN:

I agree with your statement regarding the Jamestown coach, I however don't agree with your statement regarding Todd Larson as the best coach in the state, in my opinion he is not even close. He should have success, afterall he has the best baseballers from Minot and Ryan to use (currently they are totally loaded), he should win, I argue that any competent coach could accomplish what he has. I am not even addressing his less than professional antics on the field, with the umps, and his reputation amongst his coaching peers in the state, although, none would come right out and say it publicly, he is average at best.     

not sure how you think larson is not even close to the best coach in baseball? you said he has the best ballplayers but i do believe that before the legion season everyone on this site had bismarck and williston ranked higher than minot so apparently he didnt have the best ball players...and as far as his reputation the majors must think his reputation is good being that he is a scout for the phillies
smart source

Postby Fargo314 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:18 am

sports-38 wrote:

Who are you trying to kid? Why on earth would lundy want to come back and play legion in north dakota? when I am sure he is being asked to play in the northwoods or some league like that.  why would someone with that much talent waste it by playing another year for legion? it would be almost funny watching him tee off on opposing pitchers though and would be worth the admission.
Fargo314

Postby Ming01 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:17 am

Fargo314 wrote:
sports-38 wrote:

Who are you trying to kid? Why on earth would lundy want to come back and play legion in north dakota? when I am sure he is being asked to play in the northwoods or some league like that.  why would someone with that much talent waste it by playing another year for legion? it would be almost funny watching him tee off on opposing pitchers though and would be worth the admission.

there are players who even get drafted and decide to play on their legion team again, so you never know
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby smart source » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:39 pm

i have talked to tyler lundy's cousin and another close relative and apparently lundy is expected to be drafted in the top 15 rounds in next years mlb draft...he hit somethin like .415 in fall ball in iowa
smart source

Postby 4for4 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:46 pm

That's because you heard it from close relatives, don't get me wrong, Lundy is a great player, but I wouldn't take that information as an automatic thing. It's a ways away before any of that is determined.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:37 pm

thats like me saying i heard from my grandpas uncle's son who was at a Yankees game that they are thinking about taking me in the top 2 rounds its all hearsay
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:05 pm

I've also heard Lundy is supposed to be getting drafted. Like smartsource said, he's hitting above .400, starting in center, and I believe batting 3rd. He's playing above a few guys who had been getting a lot of looks by pro scouts last year and playing in center over people who did get drafted.

Who knows, it could happen. Show some love for the guy from North Dakota.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Ming01 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:13 am

I would not be surprised if Lundy got drafted.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby smart source » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:57 pm

Saucesauer wrote:thats like me saying i heard from my grandpas uncle's son who was at a Yankees game that they are thinking about taking me in the top 2 rounds its all hearsay

ok how about this then...i talked to coach larson who i assume you know is a scout for the phillies and he said lundy's chances of coming back are slim 2 none because lundy will most likely get drafted this year
smart source

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:02 pm

you didnt state that before you said a cousin and close relative iam sure he will get drafted he can play id say hes just as good as Carr
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4for4 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:45 pm

No one said he didn't have a chance at getting drafted, he probably does.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fargo314 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:42 am

Saucesauer wrote:you didnt state that before you said a cousin and close relative iam sure he will get drafted he can play id say hes just as good as Carr

I personally didn't think Carr was that good, I see the top kids in the state last year going higher then he does.  Yes he does throw 90 but in the stretch he hits only 83 to 84, thats very hittable...
Fargo314

Postby shs01240 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:34 am

One thing that carr has over lundy is the intangibles.  specifically being a LEFT handed pitcher who threw 90 in highshcool.  not to take anything away from lundy, but big time colleges love the big lefthanders, because everybody and their brothers have hard throwing righties.  He may be just as good, but a pro or big time college would be more willing to take a fly on a 90 throwing lefty than righty.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:21 am

shs01240 wrote:One thing that carr has over lundy is the intangibles.  specifically being a LEFT handed pitcher who threw 90 in highshcool.  not to take anything away from lundy, but big time colleges love the big lefthanders, because everybody and their brothers have hard throwing righties.  He may be just as good, but a pro or big time college would be more willing to take a fly on a 90 throwing lefty than righty.

Well you have to put into account that Lundy wasnt being recruited to pitch.  Carr was.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Fargo314 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:01 pm

maybe he is getting recruited for pitching and playing outfield, you can't say no to someone who throws 90 from both the outfield and on the mound now can you?
Fargo314

Postby Fargo314 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:04 pm

shs01240 wrote:One thing that carr has over lundy is the intangibles.  specifically being a LEFT handed pitcher who threw 90 in highshcool.  not to take anything away from lundy, but big time colleges love the big lefthanders, because everybody and their brothers have hard throwing righties.  He may be just as good, but a pro or big time college would be more willing to take a fly on a 90 throwing lefty than righty.
ya i agree with you somewhat, but 60-70% of the time a pitcher throws from the stretch so when his velocity goes down 7 MPH to 83-84 it makes it hard for him even if he is a 6'5'' lefty
Fargo314

Postby Ming01 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:40 pm

I am pretty sure he was being mainly recruited as a position player not as a pitcher.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Class A