State MVP's

Postby Fargo314 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:52 pm

so your telling me that scouts don't look at someone who is 6'1'' 175 that can still put on 20 more pounds already throwing 88-90 consistently and not recruit him as a pitcher, i gaurantee he is getting recruited more for being a pitcher then an outfielder right now, probably in the long run in the outfield but for now more as a pitcher
Fargo314

Postby Ming01 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:31 pm

I forgot to add he was being recruited because of his numbers at the plate. Sorry.  That was actually what I meant.  But yeah, I believe he was being recruited more for his bat than his arm.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby smart source » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:43 pm

ok to clear things up a little more for everyone...tyler lundy is starting in center field over a kidthat got drafted last year, he is batting .408 in the 3 hole, and he is the closer, scouts apparently from what i have heard are looking at him to be a closer bcuz he has shut the teams down that he has been pitching against....he is also a lot bigger than he was and is apparently consistently throwing around 92 but has been clocked as high as 94....thats all the info i've heard as of right now
smart source

Postby Fargo314 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:37 pm

ya he's been clocked consistantly at 88-90, think he topped out at 91 during the fall season... but if i had a choice of playing outfield or pitching at a highlevel i would pick pitching cause you have alot less things that can go wrong,,, if you play in the outfield you have to play defense very well and hit and if you go in a slump you get pulled,,, one has more control over things when they are a pitcher
Fargo314

Postby SiouxUND » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Devil's Advocate,

Pretty sure that Coach Jamison is a great coach.  It was his first year and he is 23.  Also, how did they make state and have 30 wins after winning 11 games the year before.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class A