Fargo's Legion Program

Fargo's Legion Program

Postby bushleague » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Parents in Fargo are petitioning to put in a new legion team in fargo that would split up Post 2 ( which is dumb being they can't win with one fargo team but....)
Parents of players that are average at best...not to name names but you know who you are south fargo boys... mainly the group that is juniors this year
These kids and their parents really need to come back down to reality and realize that they really arent as good as they think they are, and deal with the playing time that they are delt and try to get better instead of "Oooo mommy and dadddy, I'm not gettting enough playing time, will you please invite coach over to our garage and hang out with him"... NUT UP and play the game stop complaining and figure things out. this isnt Thunder baseball anymore welcome to the world of legion if you dont like it quit and do something else.
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Fargo's Legion Program

Postby greatbambino » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 am

they tried this last year and failed. even if they do succeed, what has this group accomplished that would make them better than a shanley/north team? they wont bring in anybody half way as good as a coach as fiechtner is which means theyll bring in somebody who has no clue what he is doing as a coach. how many of those south juniors this year played post 2 last year anyways? ernst? he and his parents are the biggest of the entitlement babies.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 pm

both of you sound like you listen to peterson way too much...about the juniors complaining i really disagree with that because the talks of the split started last year before any of those juniors were even in post 2's organization...also what would ernst and his parents have to complain about? he played as much if not more than anybody else on the team last year...
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:30 pm

livinXtheXdream wrote:both of you sound like you listen to peterson way too much...about the juniors complaining i really disagree with that because the talks of the split started last year before any of those juniors were even in post 2's organization...also what would ernst and his parents have to complain about? he played as much if not more than anybody else on the team last year...

it was the parents of that group that were involved in the talks of spliting along with the south coach. they can go ahead and start their own program. it has all the potential to be an huge failure. zero options for a good field to play at, the only money will be mommy and daddys check books, their schedule will consist of the 20 in state games and some random tournaments to round out a 30-35 game schedule, and they probably will be very weak and not competitive. whatever floats their boats though. theyre burning bridges, making the kids look bad and the parents stupid.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:53 pm

greatbambino wrote:
livinXtheXdream wrote:both of you sound like you listen to peterson way too much...about the juniors complaining i really disagree with that because the talks of the split started last year before any of those juniors were even in post 2's organization...also what would ernst and his parents have to complain about? he played as much if not more than anybody else on the team last year...

it was the parents of that group that were involved in the talks of spliting along with the south coach. they can go ahead and start their own program. it has all the potential to be an huge failure. zero options for a good field to play at, the only money will be mommy and daddys check books, their schedule will consist of the 20 in state games and some random tournaments to round out a 30-35 game schedule, and they probably will be very weak and not competitive. whatever floats their boats though. theyre burning bridges, making the kids look bad and the parents stupid.

Well, we'll just wait and see what happens...should make for an interesting year
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby northdakotasports07 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:27 pm

i completely agree with bushleague. why split into two teams when you cant even win state with one team?
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Splitting the program has nothing to do with winning championships. It is about the number of kids available to participate. I think it is unbelievable that a city the size of Fargo has ONE legion team. You mean to tell me there are only 20 kids that age who want to play baseball in the summer?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby oneandun » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 pm

To the people who believe that Fargo needs another legion program in this town I think you are thinking like children and not like competitors. Fargo Legion is supposed to be a team of the best players in town. It is designed to be strong 1-18 on the roster which means that some kids will get cut or not get to play even if they are on the team. Meaning that they may be on the team to fulfill a specific role. Parents and players often have trouble with this concept because on in their Babe Ruth years and on their high school teams they have been told how great they are and cannot deal with rejection. As you get older things are not always fair. If kids want to play baseball their is always senior babe ruth. That program is declining in numbers too so the demand for baseball must not be that good. The problem is kids and parents want control of everything; playing time, scheduling, coaches and when things don't go their way they try to sabotage what is already in place to satisfy their frustrations. Fargo doesn't have enough students enrolled in their high schools to fit the legion rules of needing another team. Also kids trying out for summer baseball is in decline. Twenty years ago they could have started another team because the demand for summer ball was quite higher as Fargo would have fifty or so players try out just for Bombers. Today they can barely field two teams with the numbers trying out. In fact they had to pull up 15 year olds last summer to make their Jets team work. The bottom line is the program is about excellence and trying to not only win state titles but world series titles. A second team will be nothing more than a symbol of what is wrong with today's athletic world. If you don't get your way destroy everything else and that mediocrity is ok. It is sad. I know currently they have not had a streak of titles but start a second team and they will never see another title, either program, and definitely will never again be in a world series.
oneandun
NDPreps Rookie

Postby livinXtheXdream » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:12 pm

There's more than enough kids who want to play baseball in order to have two legion teams. I can name a half dozen kids off the top of my head that didn't try out for post 2 who are more than capable of making the team or the bombers and playing on the team. They simply didn't want to play for Fargo North's coach and i can understand how that could make them uncomfortable if they don't go to North. I guarantee that if this second team is formed, there will be kids, good enough to play for post 2, trying out from the south side that didn't try out last year when there was one team.
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:11 pm

livinXtheXdream wrote:There's more than enough kids who want to play baseball in order to have two legion teams. I can name a half dozen kids off the top of my head that didn't try out for post 2 who are more than capable of making the team or the bombers and playing on the team. They simply didn't want to play for Fargo North's coach and i can understand how that could make them uncomfortable if they don't go to North. I guarantee that if this second team is formed, there will be kids, good enough to play for post 2, trying out from the south side that didn't try out last year when there was one team.

i count 5 kids from souths varsity last year that did not play for the fargo legion. more than likely none of them would have played for the legion varsity. so no, your logic that there would not be new kids going out for the new legion that would have played for post 2 doesnt work. keep trying. the only reason this team is being created is so mommy and daddy's little snowflake can play higher skilled baseball (when they shouldnt be) and so they (mommy and daddy) have their say in how the program is run (aka how much their snowflake gets to play).
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 pm

greatbambino wrote:
livinXtheXdream wrote:There's more than enough kids who want to play baseball in order to have two legion teams. I can name a half dozen kids off the top of my head that didn't try out for post 2 who are more than capable of making the team or the bombers and playing on the team. They simply didn't want to play for Fargo North's coach and i can understand how that could make them uncomfortable if they don't go to North. I guarantee that if this second team is formed, there will be kids, good enough to play for post 2, trying out from the south side that didn't try out last year when there was one team.

i count 5 kids from souths varsity last year that did not play for the fargo legion. more than likely none of them would have played for the legion varsity. so no, your logic that there would not be new kids going out for the new legion that would have played for post 2 doesnt work. keep trying. the only reason this team is being created is so mommy and daddy's little snowflake can play higher skilled baseball (when they shouldnt be) and so they (mommy and daddy) have their say in how the program is run (aka how much their snowflake gets to play).

well, you must not have paid too much attention to south's varsity then. Because they are out there and they wanna play and this is not just south.
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:51 pm

livinXtheXdream wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

well, you must not have paid too much attention to south's varsity then. Because they are out there and they wanna play and this is not just south.

brent horner, mike wyatt, casey olegaard, tyler kellen, sam callahan, danny leucke, cody krier, garret skongseng. those are all the kids that are listed on souths varsity stats that did not play on any of the 3 legion teams. i doubt any of them wouldve played for the varsity (kellen and leucke might have been on the team but neither wouldve played much).
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:47 pm

I suppose you folks that only want one legion team also want to bring back old Fargo Central high and put all the kids together for all the other sports too!???! So you can win the national high school football championship, and the national high school basketball championship, and whatever other national or world titles you want?

You win titles by getting kids out to play and improving skills. Fargo was 60,000 people when Harter and his boys were competing on a national level. Now it's pushing 100,000 and they can't even win state titles. I think your feeder system in Fargo is broken. Too many kids are getting weeded out too early before they mature and reach their true athletic potential. The more kids you keep active through their developing years the more and better athletes you will have. Developing an in-town rivalry would HELP the competitive level of baseball in Fargo, not hurt it.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby greatbambino » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Hinsa wrote:I suppose you folks that only want one legion team also want to bring back old Fargo Central high and put all the kids together for all the other sports too!???! So you can win the national high school football championship, and the national high school basketball championship, and whatever other national or world titles you want?

You win titles by getting kids out to play and improving skills. Fargo was 60,000 people when Harter and his boys were competing on a national level. Now it's pushing 100,000 and they can't even win state titles. I think your feeder system in Fargo is broken. Too many kids are getting weeded out too early before they mature and reach their true athletic potential. The more kids you keep active through their developing years the more and better athletes you will have. Developing an in-town rivalry would HELP the competitive level of baseball in Fargo, not hurt it.

too bad that is not why this second legion team is being created. its being done because some people (south coach, south parents) didnt like the fact that the best youth baseball coach in the area was hired to coach the legion team and they were scared for their kids future in baseball. they thought he would be biased towards the north players because he is the north coach, which was not the case this last season.

this whole thing backs the the view of people on the south side as narcissistic, entitlement crybabies. these parents really should be encouraging their kids to work harder to get better instead of taking the easy way out by making them their own team.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby oneandun » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:57 pm

For the guy who suggested that I would like Fargo to move to one high school so we can compete nationally in sports, you are completely missing the point. First off high schools are for learning and the reason we have more than one is to accomodate smaller class sizes so kids have a better chance to learn not play sports. I am sure at South and North in all thier varsity sports there are more kids that want to play basketball that were cut or want to play football but are 30th on the Roster when it comes to talent. Those high schools don't than make two varsity basketball teams or two varsity football teams because I know they have enough kids just in their building to make that happen. That doesn't mean it should. Every kid who is good enough or excels in certain sports makes those teams at their high school and plays and those who don't find other ways to participate. Baseball players are no different. They all get a chance to play on their respective high school teams and when summer rolls around they choose to try-out for a team with more talent. How fun is that concept if you truly love competition. Yeah more kids get to play in the summer but not because they earned it but because they were given it. I could not even name ten kids that did not come out last summer that would even be good enough to play on the post 2 over the kids that were on the team. So we want to make room for another team to give players who are not as talented the same chances as those who are more talented. This will just water down the teams and the product on the field will not be as good. Every person has their opinion but nobody is there on a day to day basis to see what is going on and the strides that have been made over the past summer. They look on from afar and listen to people with agendas and then just complain because that is what most people in Fargo do when it comes to sports, they complain. Nobody says to a 16 year old or 18 year old kid maybe you need to get better in these areas. No we usually say the program not cool, the coach favors his side of town and lets make another team so we can all feel comfortable and safe. As for people who said that South kids did not come out because Fiechtner was the coach and they would feel uncomfortable playing for him I say too bad. I mean if you are so unsure of your skills and that insecure about getting to know new people or putting yourself out there then you have more problems than sports. What are you going to do when you have to go to college or apply for a job. That is just enabling excuses. The problem is people have to realize we are FARGO. Not northside and southside. Not three separate high schools but one community. It is sad when you really think about it. No wonder people around the state don't like Fargo. We can barely stand ourselves.
oneandun
NDPreps Rookie

Postby armada113 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 pm

The legion season is not the season were everyone gets playing time. The Post 2 takes the best players and the players who's high school stats show that they should be playing. Not a single Legion baseball coach is going to take on players because they think they should get playing time to develop. The varsity legion team is for already developed players
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:13 pm

greatbambino wrote:
Hinsa wrote:I suppose you folks that only want one legion team also want to bring back old Fargo Central high and put all the kids together for all the other sports too!???! So you can win the national high school football championship, and the national high school basketball championship, and whatever other national or world titles you want?

too bad that is not why this second legion team is being created. its being done because some people (south coach, south parents) didnt like the fact that the best youth baseball coach in the area was hired to coach the legion team and they were scared for their kids future in baseball. they thought he would be biased towards the north players because he is the north coach, which was not the case this last season.

this whole thing backs the the view of people on the south side as narcissistic, entitlement crybabies. these parents really should be encouraging their kids to work harder to get better instead of taking the easy way out by making them their own team.

if the best baseball coach in the area was hired, then why have the numbers of baseball players for north declined so rapidly compared to the rest of Fargo? Why did North and South have equally talented teams in their babe ruth years and all of a sudden the north players aren't playing anymore? Why did Larson's and Jagim's arms fall off during the year and Kingsley throw out his back? Why would they still be out there on the mound after Post 2 is up by 8 or 9 runs? That statement of Post 2 hiring the best coach in the region really disturbs me.
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:15 am

livinXtheXdream wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

if the best baseball coach in the area was hired, then why have the numbers of baseball players for north declined so rapidly compared to the rest of Fargo? Why did North and South have equally talented teams in their babe ruth years and all of a sudden the north players aren't playing anymore? Why did Larson's and Jagim's arms fall off during the year and Kingsley throw out his back? Why would they still be out there on the mound after Post 2 is up by 8 or 9 runs? That statement of Post 2 hiring the best coach in the region really disturbs me.

norths numbers have declined? care to back that one up with some numbers? they put together 5 teams in their program last year, same number as south/davies. the south side of town is growing exponentially faster than the north side of town is, so what you see as a decline for the north side is actual consistency while the south side grows. so i ask you this, how come more kids arent going out on the south side?

youre trying to attribute individual injuries to coaching? if thats the case, pro players should be filing lawsuits against their trainers and coaches claiming negligence. larson got hurt at the beginning of the season after only 3 starts. that was probably an issue related to his preperation for the season. jagim threw 8 innings in the state championship game, his arm seemed fine during that one. kingsley still played even though his back was "thrown out". if anybody over used him it was donny bryant during the high school season. had him throw something like 53 innings over the course of the regular season which was about a month long. pro pitchers get maybe 40 innings in a month. yikes.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:19 am

greatbambino wrote:
livinXtheXdream wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

norths numbers have declined? care to back that one up with some numbers? they put together 5 teams in their program last year, same number as south/davies. the south side of town is growing exponentially faster than the north side of town is, so what you see as a decline for the north side is actual consistency while the south side grows. so i ask you this, how come more kids arent going out on the south side?

youre trying to attribute individual injuries to coaching? if thats the case, pro players should be filing lawsuits against their trainers and coaches claiming negligence. larson got hurt at the beginning of the season after only 3 starts. that was probably an issue related to his preperation for the season. jagim threw 8 innings in the state championship game, his arm seemed fine during that one. kingsley still played even though his back was "thrown out". if anybody over used him it was donny bryant during the high school season. had him throw something like 53 innings over the course of the regular season which was about a month long. pro pitchers get maybe 40 innings in a month. yikes.

donny bryant wasn't the one who threw Kingsley on 3 days rest for almost a month straight during the season. Even the pros don't do that. The 53 innings you're talkin about is including the EDC and state tournament which makes it about a 6 to 7 week long season depending on how much the flood influenced that and with that being the case, Kinglsey made each of his 9 starts with a full 5 days rest. When Kinglsey did play, he played third base when he couldn't pitch because his back and the only reason why he played third is because he was forced to since Braaten quit and post 2 was lacking infielders. And remember that he didn't pitch an inning in the state tournament, which i bet if he could've thrown post 2 would have won state. As for jagim, he couldn't play for about 2 weeks and couldn't pitch for around 3 to 4 weeks in the middle of the season. Luckily for post 2 that he got healthy before the state tournament or else post 2 would've went home early. Now here's the problem, if you're the coach of the team that has the deepest, and probably the best pitching staff in the state, there's no way that you let your top 3 pitchers get injured. There's just no excuse for that.
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:37 pm

livinXtheXdream wrote:donny bryant wasn't the one who threw Kingsley on 3 days rest for almost a month straight during the season. Even the pros don't do that. The 53 innings you're talkin about is including the EDC and state tournament which makes it about a 6 to 7 week long season depending on how much the flood influenced that and with that being the case, Kinglsey made each of his 9 starts with a full 5 days rest. When Kinglsey did play, he played third base when he couldn't pitch because his back and the only reason why he played third is because he was forced to since Braaten quit and post 2 was lacking infielders. And remember that he didn't pitch an inning in the state tournament, which i bet if he could've thrown post 2 would have won state. As for jagim, he couldn't play for about 2 weeks and couldn't pitch for around 3 to 4 weeks in the middle of the season. Luckily for post 2 that he got healthy before the state tournament or else post 2 would've went home early. Now here's the problem, if you're the coach of the team that has the deepest, and probably the best pitching staff in the state, there's no way that you let your top 3 pitchers get injured. There's just no excuse for that.

again, youre trying to put injuries on the coach which makes you look foolish. youve obviously got an issue with jeff fiechtner and youre one of the south people, player or parent, who is well behind the new team being created. youre trying to justify starting a new team by putting the blame on the coach of the legion program. the only justification you should be using is your selfishness and narcissism. lose the selfish attitude and be a team player. if you want to be the star of the team, earn it, dont buy it.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 pm

greatbambino wrote:
livinXtheXdream wrote:donny bryant wasn't the one who threw Kingsley on 3 days rest for almost a month straight during the season. Even the pros don't do that. The 53 innings you're talkin about is including the EDC and state tournament which makes it about a 6 to 7 week long season depending on how much the flood influenced that and with that being the case, Kinglsey made each of his 9 starts with a full 5 days rest. When Kinglsey did play, he played third base when he couldn't pitch because his back and the only reason why he played third is because he was forced to since Braaten quit and post 2 was lacking infielders. And remember that he didn't pitch an inning in the state tournament, which i bet if he could've thrown post 2 would have won state. As for jagim, he couldn't play for about 2 weeks and couldn't pitch for around 3 to 4 weeks in the middle of the season. Luckily for post 2 that he got healthy before the state tournament or else post 2 would've went home early. Now here's the problem, if you're the coach of the team that has the deepest, and probably the best pitching staff in the state, there's no way that you let your top 3 pitchers get injured. There's just no excuse for that.

again, youre trying to put injuries on the coach which makes you look foolish. youve obviously got an issue with jeff fiechtner and youre one of the south people, player or parent, who is well behind the new team being created. youre trying to justify starting a new team by putting the blame on the coach of the legion program. the only justification you should be using is your selfishness and narcissism. lose the selfish attitude and be a team player. if you want to be the star of the team, earn it, dont buy it.

so it's ok for you to blame Donn Bryant on Kinglsey's injury which occurred months after Kingsley played for him but not ok for me to blame Fiechtner. A little hypocritical but ok. Yes, i do have an issue with Fiechner and so does the rest of this state for people who actually know who he really is. You're also right about me being in full support of this new team and i do hope it is created and again you are right that i am from South Fargo. But i am willing to bet that you are a part of post 2 and you are getting scared about possibly losing over half your program to this new team or else you would have never put any post in this thread about the new team and how bad the people are that are doing it, in hopes that you will gain support from people who don't know what is going on to think that these people are "burning bridges" when i believe they are building bridges for greater things to come.
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:11 pm

livinXtheXdream wrote:so it's ok for you to blame Donn Bryant on Kinglsey's injury which occurred months after Kingsley played for him but not ok for me to blame Fiechtner. A little hypocritical but ok. Yes, i do have an issue with Fiechner and so does the rest of this state for people who actually know who he really is. You're also right about me being in full support of this new team and i do hope it is created and again you are right that i am from South Fargo. But i am willing to bet that you are a part of post 2 and you are getting scared about possibly losing over half your program to this new team or else you would have never put any post in this thread about the new team and how bad the people are that are doing it, in hopes that you will gain support from people who don't know what is going on to think that these people are "burning bridges" when i believe they are building bridges for greater things to come.

thanks rick for your deep insight. i never said anything about him being injured because of donny, i said "if anybody over used him". i am actually not affiliated with post 2, but i know my way around the local baseball scene. i do in fact know who jeff fiechtner is. i dont think there are as many people who do have an issue as you think, just people like you who dont get their way (not supposed to go to a tryout? whining about playing time? sound familiar?) i highly doubt that half the program is going to bolt for your team. lets see a list of names of who is going to join. i am willing to bet that the actual number is barely enough to form a team.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:25 pm

greatbambino wrote:
livinXtheXdream wrote:so it's ok for you to blame Donn Bryant on Kinglsey's injury which occurred months after Kingsley played for him but not ok for me to blame Fiechtner. A little hypocritical but ok. Yes, i do have an issue with Fiechner and so does the rest of this state for people who actually know who he really is. You're also right about me being in full support of this new team and i do hope it is created and again you are right that i am from South Fargo. But i am willing to bet that you are a part of post 2 and you are getting scared about possibly losing over half your program to this new team or else you would have never put any post in this thread about the new team and how bad the people are that are doing it, in hopes that you will gain support from people who don't know what is going on to think that these people are "burning bridges" when i believe they are building bridges for greater things to come.

thanks rick for your deep insight. i never said anything about him being injured because of donny, i said "if anybody over used him". i am actually not affiliated with post 2, but i know my way around the local baseball scene. i do in fact know who jeff fiechtner is. i dont think there are as many people who do have an issue as you think, just people like you who dont get their way (not supposed to go to a tryout? whining about playing time? sound familiar?) i highly doubt that half the program is going to bolt for your team. lets see a list of names of who is going to join. i am willing to bet that the actual number is barely enough to form a team.

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later that you would guess who i am because i've noticed that you seem to take a joy in doing so. I know for a fact that you are/were not a player for Post 2 since you try to back up Fiechtner all the time, and i know what all the players were saying during the season, plus you also know what ernst's nickname is so it's quite obvious that you are indeed a part of post 2, but not on the coaching staff because they all knew what the players were saying about Fiechtner. Plus Chad and Cody are very nice people by the way. Your post about how ernst was always whining about playing time interested me a little so i did some research and here's the games played for the post 2 roster last season (excluding those who only pitched) Achter-52, Schnabel-51, Fahy-47, Barnum-47, Argall-44, Jones-42, Schweigert-41, Ernst-38, Kays-35, Jagim-35, Braaten-35, Kingsley-31, Wawers-29, so there's Ernst basically right in the middle and he clearly played the most for those who pitched and played a position. He went to one tryout, big whoop, you don't think that Kingsley, Bollinger, Achter, Frenzel, Larson, Schutz, Elgie, Weintz, Fahy, just to name a few ever went to a showcase during the legion season? well they did and Weintz Kingsley and Larson are playing for NDSU, Bollinger Frenzel and Elgie all got drafted, Fahy is playing college ball somewhere in Illinois, and Achter is still in highschool. Now im through with all this legion business and this is the last post i make on this thread and i apologize to Ernst for that guy's negativity toward you. Bambino, just a little heads up, be prepared for a long and stressful winter, but we certainly had an entertaining debate.
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 pm

livinXtheXdream wrote:I knew this was going to happen sooner or later that you would guess who i am because i've noticed that you seem to take a joy in doing so. I know for a fact that you are/were not a player for Post 2 since you try to back up Fiechtner all the time, and i know what all the players were saying during the season, plus you also know what ernst's nickname is so it's quite obvious that you are indeed a part of post 2, but not on the coaching staff because they all knew what the players were saying about Fiechtner. Plus Chad and Cody are very nice people by the way. Your post about how ernst was always whining about playing time interested me a little so i did some research and here's the games played for the post 2 roster last season (excluding those who only pitched) Achter-52, Schnabel-51, Fahy-47, Barnum-47, Argall-44, Jones-42, Schweigert-41, Ernst-38, Kays-35, Jagim-35, Braaten-35, Kingsley-31, Wawers-29, so there's Ernst basically right in the middle and he clearly played the most for those who pitched and played a position. He went to one tryout, big whoop, you don't think that Kingsley, Bollinger, Achter, Frenzel, Larson, Schutz, Elgie, Weintz, Fahy, just to name a few ever went to a showcase during the legion season? well they did and Weintz Kingsley and Larson are playing for NDSU, Bollinger Frenzel and Elgie all got drafted, Fahy is playing college ball somewhere in Illinois, and Achter is still in highschool. Now im through with all this legion business and this is the last post i make on this thread and i apologize to Ernst for that guy's negativity toward you. Bambino, just a little heads up, be prepared for a long and stressful winter, but we certainly had an entertaining debate.

youre quitting your ndpreps career already? such a shame, it was just getting good. i dont think any of the FARGO kids you listed went to any tryouts when they were told by the coach not to (i could care less what the rest of them did, as what bismarck/dickinson/minot kids do doesnt pertain to the topic at hand). what about the kids who will ask for a release from the team (as youre probably aware, the only way you can get kids to play for this team is to force them into it by creating a boundary in the middle of the city much like the high schools do)? i think the people behind this team are financially biting off more than they can chew. you can play at bennett all you want (which, by the way, is probably the worst field in fargo), how do you plan to finance transportation, equipment, uniforms, officials, advertising and the use of that crappy field? there wont be a legion to back it. you cant do it through the school. its all going to come from somebodies checkbook, and its going to be a big check to write.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Harmon61 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:29 pm

It sounds worse than it is.

This is all about Control and ego.

We have a parents who own there own business and want control. What happens in two years when these parents are gone? Who will fund this team? Will post 2 really open there arms to these 4 kids? what are they going to do? Raid the 14 and 15 year old babe Ruth teams to fill out a team?

We are talking two Juniors and two sophomores. No one else is signing up. Kids have more to do in the summer than play a 50 plus game schedule.

Kids need to make money to go to school, drive cars and do what kids do. Now knock it off, put your ego in check and drop this second team idea.

What is best for baseball in Fargo?

Last year it was a person who got kicked off the board and wanted to start a new post team he could run. Again, control!

Let's face it, the south coach is smart to stay out of it as he knows the parents at south do not like him as he lets a few parents control the team each year. It will be interesting next year what happens when south splits in the spring of 2011. Who will be the coaches? Who will get the control?
Harmon61
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Class A