High School Tournament vs Legion Tourament

Postby Willy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:22 pm

Who made the difference?  What college players came back and made an impact?  Which HS players opted out?  Different coaches?  Lets here your theories...
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:51 pm

Legion is different.  There are older players that play in legion.  I am pretty sure legion is taken a little more seriously.  Plus you combine all the talent from the surrounding area of your city for legion.  Williston was a better team because they had older players back plus Maristuen from Trinity Christian.  I guess the overall talent in Minot, Williston, and Bismarck were a little better than Fargo and Grand Forks.  Plus you have to consider players like Landry, Greicar and Ebert not playing for their legion team.  But I'm sure its like that for every team.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:45 pm

Also the tournament format can have a big impact where the HS tournament is single elimination and the Legion tournament is double elimination. Landry single handedly pitched Central to a title in a single elim format this spring and would have made a big difference for GF in the legion season.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to Class A