6. Williston
7. Jamestown
8. St. Mary's
9. Beulah/Hazen
10. Belcourt (if they even have a team)

East:
1. Fargo South
2-whatever- who care's about the rest?
Last edited by dewey11 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top teams in high school in 2010

Postby dewey11 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:44 pm

justinotherpeterson wrote:
gimmesum21 wrote:i dont think minot will be very good this year didnt they lose alot of playerS?
ya they did lose some players but the only one of signifigince is ryan bollinger the rest can be replaced, minot should do pretty good

Minot will be good. Dickinson will be good. They're both powerhouses every year. Yes, Minot loses Bollinger, but they return Fornshell (top 3 pitcher in the WDA) and Sumerville (hits bombs), and others. Yes, Dickinson loses Frenzel and Laylock, but they return Seiler (top 4 pitcher in WDA), Burgard, and others too. These two always find a way to have solid teams.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby gunslinger13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 am

South i think is overrated they dont have that one dominate pitcher who they can count on to carry them to state.
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby armada113 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 am

dewey11 wrote:West:
1. Dickinson
2. Minot
3. Century
4. Mandan
5. Bismarck
6. Williston
7. Jamestown
8. St. Mary's
9. Beulah/Hazen

East:
1. Fargo South

Wow thats a very one sided statement dont you think? Im pretty sure last year Shanley ended the season at number one. Red River should also be a solid team this year. Theres is no sufficient evidence to say that South will be number one and nobody else in the East matters.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 pm

armada113 wrote:
1. Dickinson
2. Minot
3. Century
4. Mandan
5. Bismarck
6. Williston
7. Jamestown
8. St. Mary's
9. Beulah/Hazen

East:
1. Fargo South

Wow thats a very one sided statement dont you think? Im pretty sure last year Shanley ended the season at number one. Red River should also be a solid team this year. Theres is no sufficient evidence to say that South will be number one and nobody else in the East matters.

Shanley was the 2 seed from the East at State last year. South was the 1. As will be the case this year.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby armada113 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:12 pm

dewey11 wrote:
armada113 wrote:
1. Dickinson
2. Minot
3. Century
4. Mandan
5. Bismarck
6. Williston
7. Jamestown
8. St. Mary's
9. Beulah/Hazen

East:
1. Fargo South

Shanley was the 2 seed from the East at State last year. South was the 1. As will be the case this year.

After regular season Shanley was number 1. Also they had the best overall record in the state. Again, that was a VERY one sided statement. How do you figure that South will be number 1 this year?
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:59 am

obviously the century patriots are the team to beat in the state
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby im goin in » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:30 pm

I believe south will be a very, very hard team to beat. A lot of teams are tremendously down the year and probably north being hurt the most. I think there will be a lot of break out kids for south this year like brady horner, jared quinlan, and seth hochstetter
im goin in
NDPreps Rookie

Postby greatbambino » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:51 pm

south has the pitching depth to run the table in the edc. they are very deep with wawers, ernst, venaas, hochstetter as their top 4. i question their offense though. youve gotta score runs to win games. theyve got a few bright spots in the lineup like achter and ernst but the rest is questionable. theyre going to need some big things out of horner, quinlan, wawers, and johnson.

theres nobody in the edc even close to souths depth and ability this year, but i wouldnt be suprised to see the likes of west fargo and shanley take a game from south.

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

i dont know anything about the west this year. id expect the likes of minot, century and dickinson to be at or near the top of the wda standings. they seem to be like teams that reload every year. i dont see dickinson being nearly as good as they were the last few years though. you dont reload players like frenzel and laylock every year.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby PWB4LIFE » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 pm

JASON LEE. huge power hitter from fargo south.
PWB4LIFE
NDPreps Rookie

Postby whateverittakes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:11 pm

greatbambino wrote:south has the pitching depth to run the table in the edc. they are very deep with wawers, ernst, venaas, hochstetter as their top 4. i question their offense though. youve gotta score runs to win games. theyve got a few bright spots in the lineup like achter and ernst but the rest is questionable. theyre going to need some big things out of horner, quinlan, wawers, and johnson.

theres nobody in the edc even close to souths depth and ability this year, but i wouldnt be suprised to see the likes of west fargo and shanley take a game from south.

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

i dont know anything about the west this year. id expect the likes of minot, century and dickinson to be at or near the top of the wda standings. they seem to be like teams that reload every year. i dont see dickinson being nearly as good as they were the last few years though. you dont reload players like frenzel and laylock every year.

West Fargo is the best team period they have a good pitching staff in Strahm Dahl Jorgenson Schmidt Johnson and horsager they have very good hitting with flaten strahm kiefer in the top 4 and also have very good defense
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby armada113 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:56 pm

whateverittakes wrote:
greatbambino wrote:south has the pitching depth to run the table in the edc. they are very deep with wawers, ernst, venaas, hochstetter as their top 4. i question their offense though. youve gotta score runs to win games. theyve got a few bright spots in the lineup like achter and ernst but the rest is questionable. theyre going to need some big things out of horner, quinlan, wawers, and johnson.

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

West Fargo is the best team period they have a good pitching staff in Strahm Dahl Jorgenson Schmidt Johnson and horsager they have very good hitting with flaten strahm kiefer in the top 4 and also have very good defense

:\
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby living life » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 am

DL will have one maybe two pitchers. one will be Janzen, the other one will be Mat Senger. they will do alright but i don't think they will make it very far in state. Also have Swenseth if he is able to throw. i heard that he hurt is shoulder in hockey this year
living life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby living life » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:54 am

armada113 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

West will be the number two team behind south they are not as experience as south is and will flutter down the road
living life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby armada113 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:48 pm

living life wrote:
armada113 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

West will be the number two team behind south they are not as experience as south is and will flutter down the road

They have very little experience at all. Extremely young. Doesnt necesarily mean they wont be good, but it usually makes it difficult to be a consistent team. I can see them scoring some big games but honestly cant see them higher than a 3 seed. South and Shanley just have too much experience and age for West Fargo to overcome.
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm

armada113 wrote:
living life wrote:
armada113 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

They have very little experience at all. Extremely young. Doesnt necesarily mean they wont be good, but it usually makes it difficult to be a consistent team. I can see them scoring some big games but honestly cant see them higher than a 3 seed. South and Shanley just have too much experience and age for West Fargo to overcome.

WF will be a competitive team with the other teams in EDC except Shanley and South. I do think WF will be the 3 seed in EDC with Red River right on their heels. Shanley will have a good fielding team will just be light on pitching but will hit the ball very well. RR will have a good experience in pitching, but south has the most depth in pitching period and returning players from last year.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller4life5 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 am

75ford wrote:
armada113 wrote:
living life wrote:
armada113 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

WF will be a competitive team with the other teams in EDC except Shanley and South. I do think WF will be the 3 seed in EDC with Red River right on their heels. Shanley will have a good fielding team will just be light on pitching but will hit the ball very well. RR will have a good experience in pitching, but south has the most depth in pitching period and returning players from last year.

West Fargo is not a young team by any means... They have 7 seniors that will be on the roster and all have varsity experience.... There will be a few young players but its not like they have 9 sophmores takeing the field
baller4life5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby armada113 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:06 am

baller4life5 wrote:
75ford wrote:
armada113 wrote:
living life wrote:
armada113 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

my predictions for edc:
1. south
2. shanley
3. west fargo
4. red river
5. devils lake
6. north
7. central
8. wahpeton

West Fargo is not a young team by any means... They have 7 seniors that will be on the roster and all have varsity experience.... There will be a few young players but its not like they have 9 sophmores takeing the field

Yes but they most certainly do not have all 7 seniors taking the field. Besides what post season experience do any of these players have? not a whole lot. After not even making EDC two years ago and not making state last year, what experience are you seeing? Sorry but like i said, im just not seeing West Fargo higher that a 3 or 4 seed.
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller4life5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:17 am

O your right 6 out of the 7 will be starting and all 6 started last year and for youth there might be one sophmore takeing the field but he will have to prove himself to keep his spot... and none of those seniors were on the team that didnt make EDC they all had there first year of varsity last year
baller4life5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby armada113 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am

baller4life5 wrote:O your right 6 out of the 7 will be starting and all 6 started last year and for youth there might be one sophmore takeing the field but he will have to prove himself to keep his spot... and none of those seniors were on the team that didnt make EDC they all had there first year of varsity last year

Thank you for just proving my point.
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby ThatGuy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:11 pm

WEST
1. Dickinson, Lost laylock and frenzel.. basically top 2 players in the state last year but also have most of the team returning
2. Minot, always pretty solid even though loosing bollinger
3. Century
4. Mandan, has most of the team returning but i still dont see them being anything special

East
1. Fargo South, very depth pitching team and there offense will be better this year returning there heart of there batting order really only loosing kingsley and fahey
2. West Fargo, have some good sophomores that will need to step up and some solid pitchers
3. Red River... they will be alright
4. Shanely, has no pitching since there #1 pitcher cant play with his grades but they have mike jones
You don't wanna be that guy.
ThatGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:18 pm

I will agree with you with the top 3 teams except i thnk either williston or bhs will take that 4th spot
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mtn Dew » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:20 am

I Think the top 4 from the west will be Dickinson, Century, Mandan, Minot; in that order.

Dickinson - As said above lost Frenzel, Laylock, but still have plenty other capable players to contribute, and what else do they have, their sport is baseball and they do a good job.

Century - Good offense a lot of good Juniors for offense purposes and defense, but I see their pitching lacking a bit their juniors are not quite good enough to be dominant pitchers not saying their bad, Solid 1 and 2, but 2 pitchers can't do it all.

Mandan - 13 returning players, They will have good pitching, If they can get the bats going they could be even higher, but if they don't they could fall behind BHS and Willy.

Minot - Always good, but they stay at the same level, it just depends how the competition is and it seems pretty good this year, not to mention they lost Bollinger.
Mtn Dew
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Class A