Which teams will make it to state? and why?

Postby Strike3? » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:53 pm

So now that its nearing tournament time, which teams from the West will advance to state and which teams from the East will advance to state, what are your predictions on how the state tournament is going to turn out?
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndplayer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:09 pm

West

Minot, Bismarck, Williston, Mandan i think will all make the tourney.  I think that Minot and Bismarck will battle for the west crown because they have the deepest pitching staffs.  I will probly give the nod to bismarck in the championship over minot.

East

Fargo, GF, WF, Jamestown.  I'll take grand forks over fargo in the championship because of their bats, which may be the best in the state.  WF and Jamestown get in because their pitching is far superior to both wahpeton and vc.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:32 am

how do you see bismarck beating minot?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NYYANKS » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:48 am

East

Fargo, GF, WF, Jamestown.  I'll take grand forks over fargo in the championship because of their bats, which may be the best in the state.  WF and Jamestown get in because their pitching is far superior to both wahpeton and vc.

I believe that if WF gets hot they are the best team in the East. I've watched a couple of their games and in some of them they look like a VERY solid team. If they lack fielding mistakes i believe they can win. Also WF's pitching might be the best in the east but thats just my personal opinion because they have very underachieving people that are starting to get hot right now in Names like Greshik and a lefty that I saw throw against Grand Forks last sunday. I think his name is like Roll.
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:19 am

Grand Forks scored 25 runs against West Fargo in the double header, without three of their best hitters in the line up.  What are you thinking NYYank? 

WF should make state only because they are better than VC and Wahpeton, but Wahpeton is capable of upsetting WF.   Fargo and GF both have MUCH better pitching than WF.

1. GF  2. Fargo  3. Jamestown  4.  WF

1. Minot 2. Bismarck  3. Williston  4. Dickinson
Last edited by Willy on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:26 am

1. Fargo 2. GF 3. Jamestown 4. WF

1. Minot 2. Bismarck 3. Williston 4. Mandan

I think Minot will win state after not getting it done after a few years.  They have a deep pitching staff and bats throughout the whole lineup.  I predict they defeat Bismarck in the state championship.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndplayer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:04 pm

power-aid14 wrote:how do you see bismarck beating minot?

I know it may seem like a bit of a stretch, but i just have a hunch.  Take a look at minot the last couple of years, HS or Legion.  They play lights out all season, but the bats seem to die down at the end of the season.  Bismarck basically has everyone back from a team that took like 2nd or 3rd last year at state.  They replaced brian schmidt with wentz, who plays better defense and is a better pitcher.  He was the big loss that i can think of. 

Lets just take a look to the high school season.  GFC won state after being the 8 seed in the east.  It's all about who gets hot at the right time.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:21 am

ndplayer wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:how do you see bismarck beating minot?

I know it may seem like a bit of a stretch, but i just have a hunch.  Take a look at minot the last couple of years, HS or Legion.  They play lights out all season, but the bats seem to die down at the end of the season.  Bismarck basically has everyone back from a team that took like 2nd or 3rd last year at state.  They replaced brian schmidt with wentz, who plays better defense and is a better pitcher.  He was the big loss that i can think of. 

Lets just take a look to the high school season.  GFC won state after being the 8 seed in the east.  It's all about who gets hot at the right time.

true, nice post
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:56 am

Look for a repeat of the State HS final in the Legion final if they don't end up in the same bracket.  Grand Forks v. Minot.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:13 am

Willy wrote:Look for a repeat of the State HS final in the Legion final if they don't end up in the same bracket.  Grand Forks v. Minot.

Grand Forks played Fargo North in the State HS final.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:02 am

I'm bad.  you're right.  Minot and GF met in the semi-final, but I'll make the same prediction.
Last edited by Willy on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:21 am

Bismarck has as much talent as anyone in the state, but it may be tough for them to just turn it on come tournament time.
If they can earn at least a split with Minot in the second regular season game I will be a believer, if not, they may be an also-ran.
Williston can hit with anyone, they just need to get some good pitching performances.
I still think Devils Lake has a shot of getting to state, but it will probably be Minot, Mandan, Bismarck and Williston.
Dickinson is really stinking it up this season.

As for the east, I am guessing the chalk will come through (i.e. Fargo, GF, WF and Jamestown).
Y-not Daily

Return to Class A